The Falkirk FC Thread

Do people not realise teams are successful with one striker aye? All the best teams in the world right now play with one striker. It’s down to the players behind the striker and so far I’ve got confidence we have decent ones for league 1.

Genuinely baffling that some c***s can’t get their head round playing more strikers doesn’t mean you’re playing attacking football. Absolutely nothing wrong with 4-2-3-1 as a formation as long as you get enough support to the one up front.

Playing 1 striker does not have to mean 1up front. When you have 3 effective attacking midfielders there should be no isolation like the formation on paper suggests. If we do sign sammon then with the likes of Tidser, Connolly and telfer should provide this noticeably at this level. We do however require more than just these 4 on the books to give us options and provide cover. McLean is yet to impress. 

Playing 1 striker does not have to mean 1up front. When you have 3 effective attacking midfielders there should be no isolation like the formation on paper suggests. If we do sign sammon then with the likes of Tidser, Connolly and telfer should provide this noticeably at this level. We do however require more than just these 4 on the books to give us options and provide cover. McLean is yet to impress. 
McLean needs to step up this year. I'd like to see Dunne sign, as I think he has potential and a season in league 1 might be what he needs to get game time

4 hours ago, Russ said:

Genuinely baffling that some c***s can’t get their head round playing more strikers doesn’t mean you’re playing attacking football.

That's you told Mr D 🎯

Edited by Bofabairn

5 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The likes of Raith and Airdrie. Shitebaggery got us where we are, should be fearing absolutely nobody in this league. If McKinnon has any desire to further his career as a manager he won't revert to type either. His signings suggest he's looking to attack at least. Durnan doesn't fill me with confidence at the back but again the "should be good enough for league 1" carpet gets rolled out. 

You’re right, you really shouldn’t fear any of these league one teams.........but  

Prepare yourself for a wee shock at the passion from these seaside teams. Don’t get me wrong here, there’s some you’ll steamroll over but you’ll find enough teams capable of taking points off you to keep you down there, that happened to us too. Ask the Rovers how they are finding their 3rd season in league one, they thought they’d come straight back up. 

Watch out for Forfar guys, they looked really handy against us last weekend. They have some quick slick play up front, and are very tight at the back. They could be contenders at the top this season  

As a Pars fan I hope Falkirk, Rovers, and us can all play in the same league next season, and hopefully that’ll mean you guys coming back up as opposed to us coming down. 

Your right to worry about your defence with Durnan in it by the way. He has more bad games than good. 

Don't know how I feel about having two big cloggers as strikers. Sammon used to have a bit of pace on him but at 32 I'd imagine that's gone now. If it is Sammon and Johnstone we are signing then hopefully we get a young whippet of a striker on loan that can change it up and run in behind defences. If Aberdeen sign James Wilson they'll most likely be loaning out Bruce Anderson again.

Still in need of defensive cover and a ball winning midfielder. I'd also like to see us sign Ciaran Dunne again as I don't think Macleans up to much.

The club cant make a statement regarding the lies being spread in the media about the fans re Dennon Lewis because as they inderstand it, this is still an "active case that has not as yet been concluded"

I wonder if this is news to the 1 or 2 fans involved.....

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
10 hours ago, LatapyBairn said:
Conor Sammon would be an exceptional signing at this level and a real statement of intent from Ray. Really should be no reason for us not to be looking to win every game next season. 
Sammon will probably be the last of the major signings and Ray will then look to bring in back up players.

Shut up gimp

Nice.

Because you disagree with him (probably correctly) on certain club matters, he needs shouting down with abuse, even for perfectly innocuous posts that from others, would pass without comment. Meanwhile, a bunch of daft wee lads chime in with their greenies.

A great deal of playing the man, rather than the ball on here.  Lots of decent folk among the P&B Falkirk posters, but plenty of others who thoroughly deserve the club they've got right now.

Nice.
Because you disagree with him (probably correctly) on certain club matters, he needs shouting down with abuse, even for perfectly innocuous posts that from others, would pass without comment. Meanwhile, a bunch of daft wee lads chime in with their greenies.
A great deal of playing the man, rather than the ball on here.  Lots of decent folk among the P&B Falkirk posters, but plenty of others who thoroughly deserve the club they've got right now.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Nice.

Whatever the people on here think about Edi/Latapy/whoever else they think this guy is the level of dogpiling going on is ridiculous. How exactly does anyone expect the fans running the club as majority shareholders to work if people can't even hear and engage with differing opinions. 

Nice.

Wondered how this got greenies, then I remembered if you stick up for Edi your sticking up for all 43 of his accounts.

Whatever the people on here think about Edi/Latapy/whoever else they think this guy is the level of dogpiling going on is ridiculous. How exactly does anyone expect the fans running the club as majority shareholders to work if people can't even hear and engage with differing opinions. 
Edi doesnt engage with people. He talks shite, spreads lies and misinformation then refuses to come back and defend his point when he is rightly called out on it. He isnt shy on digging folk up either, albeit he has yet to fully return to that following the absolute telt he got when he started making false claims about BtB and the people involved.

There is no dogpiling, he is simply a tedious, malicious liar who is repeatedly called out on it.

3 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

He's just a troll,  I don't think he actually believes whats he says, and sometimes people (myself included) bite.

10 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

He's been on my ignore list for a while along with VT & MT and the thread's a lot more readable, except when people quote them!

Well said brother x

21 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

People are engaging on here with a myriad of different people and plenty of different opinions. Edi is a trolling moron who deserves no attention from anyone. 

People are engaging on here with a myriad of different people and plenty of different opinions. Edi is a trolling moron who deserves no attention from anyone. 
Precisely. This forum is generally pretty self policing. Its to our credit that a fanny like him gets hounded IMO.

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Let’s rap this troll chat and keep up the Sammon vibes. Is he the unnamed striker? Who else would fit the Falkirk heralds description? 

Denny Johnstone maybe.