The Falkirk FC Thread

We play our friendly at Brechin on the 9th - 1 week away. That's a lot of signings to be made between then and now. otherwise what's the point of the friendly.
2 defenders -  1 midfield enforcer  - 3 forwards minimum
Maybe so he can look at trialists?

24 minutes ago, Rocco said:
47 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:
We play our friendly at Brechin on the 9th - 1 week away. That's a lot of signings to be made between then and now. otherwise what's the point of the friendly.
2 defenders -  1 midfield enforcer  - 3 forwards minimum

Maybe so he can look at trialists?

Who we getting off Morton this week like?

2 hours ago, mic_17_uk said:

Thought he was older than that. I've thought for a long time he'd be a good signing.

I thought that about Haber too mind, but I'm more confident about Sammon.

Sammon is a far, far better player than Haber. He'd genuinely be a coup for a club at this level. 

Hes become a joke figure, but that's down to how managers have used him more than his own issues, I'm sure he absolutely fucking rag dolled QOS for Motherwell last season. Play balls in behind defences/let him run at defenders and his pace and strength will obliterate defences at this level, pump high balls to him to flick on and he'll be useless.

Conor Sammon would be an exceptional signing at this level and a real statement of intent from Ray. Really should be no reason for us not to be looking to win every game next season. 

Sammon will probably be the last of the major signings and Ray will then look to bring in back up players.

Harrison and Dallison still showing what they’re made of? 

Aye.... Pulling incorrect statements made last season is definitely a wise road for you to go down right enough [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

You dont go to Falkirk matches.

Go and tell me more lies trying to claim you do.....

3 hours ago, MrDust said:

4-2-3-1 and he will be the main man, so we are looking for the 3 behind to get well into double figures or Ray again will change to 4-4-2 !!!

Decent signing for this level and I'd be happy enough with it

If McKinnon plays one up front in this league he wants chased full stop.  

If McKinnon plays one up front in this league he wants chased full stop.  

Do people not realise teams are successful with one striker aye? All the best teams in the world right now play with one striker. It’s down to the players behind the striker and so far I’ve got confidence we have decent ones for league 1.

Ray has signed some quality attacking talent in Tidser, Connolly and Telfer, added to the talent Maclean offers. However, his first priority will rightly be keeping it tight at the back and not conceding silly goals. 

4-2-3-1 of perfect for this as it allows us to go to a midfield 5 when defending. We also have the option of playing Tidser deeper alongside McShane and Gomis in a 4-5-1 in away games against the likes of Raith and Airdrie.

Ray has signed some quality attacking talent in Tidser, Connolly and Telfer, added to the talent Maclean offers. However, his first priority will rightly be keeping it tight at the back and not conceding silly goals. 
4-2-3-1 of perfect for this as it allows us to go to a midfield 5 when defending. We also have the option of playing Tidser deeper alongside McShane and Gomis in a 4-5-1 in away games against the likes of Raith and Airdrie.

ok dad x

Personally I won’t be attending a home game until that lot f**k off. I wouldn’t do the walk anyway cause I’m a lazy c**t.

Sign me up to the seaside every 2 weeks though.

I heard Craig Campbell is joining in the walk though he won’t be buying a season ticket, he doesn’t think we are value for money in the seaside league.

Do people not realise teams are successful with one striker aye? All the best teams in the world right now play with one striker. It’s down to the players behind the striker and so far I’ve got confidence we have decent ones for league 1.
Exactly this. I'm sick of hearing "he needs to play two up top". 4231 is not a negative formation!

Not convinced by McClean, though in general the other players we have paid over the top to join up should skoosh league 1 on paper. Problem is as we found out last season we don’t play on paper and a club riddled by uncertainty at the helm could fail again if disharmony in the board room creeps through to the players YOU sir are part of the problem your sickening sanctimonious support of the team and Ray without recourse to the real issues at the club is part of the cancer that is destroying us. I like many others are concerned that we could sign Messi and fail. There is problem at this club and we all know where it lies .

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn said:

The likes of Raith and Airdrie. Shitebaggery got us where we are, should be fearing absolutely nobody in this league. If McKinnon has any desire to further his career as a manager he won't revert to type either. His signings suggest he's looking to attack at least. Durnan doesn't fill me with confidence at the back but again the "should be good enough for league 1" carpet gets rolled out.