The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, GeordieBairn said:

McKinnon said he played in the Premiership last season so Sammon more than likely.

Good. I thought it was just he'd played previously in the premiership. Would much prefer Sammon over Johnstone.

Sammon & Johnstone with a younger faster striker supporting them would be an excellent set of signings for L1.

If they get signed up soonish then we'll have our starting XI and we're just down to signing loans/backups/reserve players. I'd feel quite confident going into the season.

18 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Let’s rap this troll chat and keep up the Sammon vibes. Is he the unnamed striker? Who else would fit the Falkirk heralds description? 

Experienced striker who played in the prem last season would be either Simeon Jackson ( away back to Canada) and Connor Sammon.

Johnstone is a bit injury prone, he may or may not stay healthy. Id give him a six month deal if we must sign him to see how he does. I'm a bit meh about both these potential strikers tbh, but in all likelihood that's who we will get unless McKinnon springs a surprise or two. 

39 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

He's been on my ignore list for a while along with VT & MT and the thread's a lot more readable, except when people quote them!

Exactly. Can we not start a petition for Big Keith to ban him as all he brings to our forum is bad vibes and trolling.

I’ll be the first signature .

1. Grangemouth Bairn

8 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Exactly. Can we not start a petition for Big Keith to ban him as all he brings to our forum is bad vibes and trolling.

I’ll be the first signature .

1. Grangemouth Bairn

Banning people with whom you disagree?

Terribly open minded and tolerant.

Banning people with whom you disagree?
Terribly open minded and tolerant.

You know if you dont like it theres always the option to not read/respond to it.

Latapy is on at least his second account with this act, having been banned previously for his nonsense.

Sometimes I forget how absolutely mental some of our fans are. They fully expect us to be signing proven strikers with consecutive 20+ goal a seasons. We’re in league one. It’s never going to happen.
Would be willing to bet these are the guys who’ve gone out and bought season tickets and kits and are happy regardless of the boardroom situation as long as they can go and get a moan each Saturday. Sammon could pretty easily get a mid table championship side and it would be a bit of a coup for us if he drops down to league one level. I don’t doubt that every other team at this level would snap him up in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You know if you dont like it theres always the option to not read/respond to it.

What a facile remark.  It's because I don't like it that I'm responding. 

You just seem to want a forum where everyone shares a viewpoint.  Sounds pretty pointless.

What a facile remark.  It's because I don't like it that I'm responding. 
You just seem to want a forum where everyone shares a viewpoint.  Sounds pretty pointless.
Well as Ruggy said, our thread has a lot of fans on it, all of whom can debate and discuss in a civil manner with eachother, yet everyone wants Edi to GTF. You seem unwilling to consider why that might be.

How can you say mines is a facile remark when you have followed it up with something that is demonstrably untrue?

I use most of the areas on here and interact with loads of posters on here often in disagreement, so basically, you are talking shite here.

4 hours ago, P475 said:

You’re right, you really shouldn’t fear any of these league one teams.........but  

Prepare yourself for a wee shock at the passion from these seaside teams. Don’t get me wrong here, there’s some you’ll steamroll over but you’ll find enough teams capable of taking points off you to keep you down there, that happened to us too. Ask the Rovers how they are finding their 3rd season in league one, they thought they’d come straight back up. 

Watch out for Forfar guys, they looked really handy against us last weekend. They have some quick slick play up front, and are very tight at the back. They could be contenders at the top this season  

As a Pars fan I hope Falkirk, Rovers, and us can all play in the same league next season, and hopefully that’ll mean you guys coming back up as opposed to us coming down. 

Your right to worry about your defence with Durnan in it by the way. He has more bad games than good. 

Quite agree and I'm already concerned about having to play Peterhead away on the opening day. McAllister will be bursting a gut to impress and we've got to be fully aware of that.

I watched Forfar against Stenny at Ochilview last season and they looked very handy however, Baird and Easton, who are both away, ran the show that day so it may depend on who they've replaced them with.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yet everyone wants Edi to GTF. You seem unwilling to consider why that might be.

It's because it's not true.

There's some agreement with what I'm saying.  Shouting loudest doesn't mean you speak for everyone.

It's because it's not true.

There's some agreement with what I'm saying.  Shouting loudest doesn't mean you speak for everyone.

Iv seen one in agreement with what you are saying. I know there are many more in agreement with me, so if people in agreement is the metric you are using, you are onto a loser.

Anyway, the rest of the posters are making it clear that they want the thread to move on so maybe we should either continue this irrelevant shite on another thread, or failing that il just go back to doing what I was doing and you can consider your disapproval noted?