The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Stuart Romaines shite or beyond shite?

Not a touch on Marr played a few games when we were in such a mess. Plucked from the juniors the poor guy was completely out of his depth. It was the same time asked Sandy Burrell who had been freed the season before if he could play a few games to help us out. Lot of respect to Burrell in doing it, a lot of players would have told the club where to go.

Stuart Romaines was a funny player. Could be great on the odd occasion and dreadful at other times. Used to go down at the slightest touch to win fouls too.

Can’t remember the great games but I’ll take your word for it!
I do remember his inability to stay on his feet if an opponent came within 3 yards of him though.

Not a touch on Marr played a few games when we were in such a mess. Plucked from the juniors the poor guy was completely out of his depth. It was the same time asked Sandy Burrell who had been freed the season before if he could play a few games to help us out. Lot of respect to Burrell in doing it, a lot of players would have told the club where to go.

Really grim times.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can’t remember the great games but I’ll take your word for it!
I do remember his inability to stay on his feet if an opponent came within 3 yards of him though.

He was never great but had a wee bit of pace . We've certainly had a lot worse. Same with Scott Sloan. You'd take him any day of the week just now.

36 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I thought you meant Marr that we signed from Celtic. Can't think who the other guy is.

46 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought you meant Marr that we signed from Celtic. Can't think who the other guy is.

He's the only Marr on bettermeddle and according to that there was no marr played that season when Sandy Burrell helped out. The plot thickens.....

Edited by Shadwell Dog

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's the only Marr on bettermeddle and according to that there was no marr played that season when Sandy Burrell helped out. The plot thickens.....

Maybe he's thinking of Lee (night) Mair? Dates wouldn't fit though.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Really don’t understand this “only here for the money” patter.
There is a very large clue in the job title Full Time Professional Footballer.

Dropping a division when he had at least one option above, then dropping 2 to one of the club's again who will pay the most.

I find it amusing tho that a Morton legend of recent times is struggling to look like a footballer and has resigned himself to looking at cash first.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Exactly this. At all levels of football, players sign for the team that is prepared to pay them the most money. None of our players are with us because they love Falkirk, they are with us because we pay more money than anyone at this level out with the 2 Dundee clubs

So you are suggesting Tidser would've signed for Kelty afore us if they had offered more money ?

I personally think a few of our players would've had to look at part time football if we hadn't signed them, it's cut throat with full time contracts, especially ones who have been around the block.

We had Ray roll out 2yr contracts, which to some would've felt like Christmas.

Edited by MrDust

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Stuart Romaines was a funny player. Could be great on the odd occasion and dreadful at other times. Used to go down at the slightest touch to win fouls too.

John Perry was a bit like that. Moment of great skill and be a game winner then a liability. Used to be near pulling my hair out watching him, frustrating player !

2 hours ago, Relegator Ritchie said:

Aye your right. Let’s just pay our money and clap.

So you'd rather attend away games only, and therefore strengthening our competitors and weakening the club you support?

You're fully entitled to do what you want, I just find the regurgitation of self justification on why people dont attend all rather tedious.

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

John Perry was a bit like that. Moment of great skill and be a game winner then a liability. Used to be near pulling my hair out watching him, frustrating player !

Had some shot on him perry if i remember right. Was very inconsistant though.

59 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Hold my hands up on this one. Must have the name wrong. After some hard thinking replace Marr ? with Lex Grant.

I was about to suggest Alan Holt.

Grant didn't come from the juniors though, we paid money to sign him.