The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Why would Morton to Kelty be any different from Falkirk to Kelty? He dropped down a division to play for us as we offered him the most money. Had that been Kelty he would’ve gone there without a second thought.

Austin played over 40 games for ICT and has played 30 for Kelty, not sure he’s injury prone.

As far as I’m aware Tidser turned up for training every day hence the 3x the work comment. You might be able to correct me on that tho?

Austin's 18 starts in 18 months at ICT screams squad player and if you can't see that Morton to Kelty would've been a huge drop, then that's fine...!

I'd guess that Tidser will have a job within the Kelty owners business which will make up the big wages on offer, many of these finishing footballers have bought into that. Tidser probably will be doing more hours now !

Edited by MrDust

Fash (Austin) played a number of years way beneath himself at underage and amateur - it’s really his MO - each to their own but he was always going to be attracted to (relative) money for an easy life.

And let’s also not kid on that Tidser/Austin or any of the discussed are in anyway superstars or remotely wealthy enough to sail off into any sunsets.

Regarding the question on the deadline for signing a loan in League One and Two: (finally located in SFA 2019-2020 rulebook)

Extension Provision for Clubs Entitled to Participate in League 1 or League 2

66 Notwithstanding Regulations 55(ii) and 55(iii), Clubs, for the time being entitled to participate in League 1 or in League 2, shall, subject to the conditions set out in Regulation 67, be entitled to Scottish FA Register and League Register a Player on the basis of a Temporary Transfer, during September and February in any Season.

24 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

To clarify my point anyone that thinks professional footballers outside the OF earn an amazing living and don’t need to think about the future are deluded.

Example - Say Tidser is on a grand a week, for this season and next.....then what?

The vast majority of players in Scotland will be earning way below average wage (half of them are part-time of course). The Old Firm players will make a very good living and would be able to retire when they hang up their boots, assuming that they've been careful with their money, but below that most Premier players will make a very good living for maybe 10-15 years but not nearly enough to retire when they stop playing. IMO of course.

5 hours ago, MrDust said:

It was also rumoured he became a kicker in Australia for one of their funny shape balls games.

Brendan was on my worst player ever list for years, he was signed because he could kick a ball 80-90 yards so the kicker rumour perhaps is true

The funny shape ball games in Oz are AFL (Aussie Rules) & NRL (bloody rugby league).

Neither of these sports have a dedicated "kicker" role and I genuinely can't see Brendan making it at either sport, less so than football...sorry soccer.

You are thinking of Grid Iron in the US.  

ETA - The Aussies also play Rugby Union but no one pays any attention to it.

Edited by Hank von Hell

I didn't renew for the first time in over 20 years but I was is in a very small minority - I think season ticket income was only down by £15k so any sort of boycott obviously never materialised and made staying ultimately pointless. 
The 'my conscious is clear' patter is just sanctimonious pish - Lang, Thomson and Campbell are gone and we've got a new chairman. 
I'd love it if the MSG went as well but staying away on Saturday would have no impact on anyone other than myself. 

It ain't "sanctimonious pish" if someone is accusing people of strengthening your opponents by only going to away games. People have made their choice this season. I respect people who chose to go and they should have the good grace to have respect the other way.

If we are in a league 1 next season it will be a lot more not renewing sadly.

Not sure where you are getting 15k from. 500 less at an average £190 is a lot more than that.

12 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
12 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

BPM is someone I have known for decades and in his defence he has put plenty of money into the club both personally and through his business.
I also know how much it hurts him to be missing the home games ( he lives in South Yorkshire incidentally).
I don’t always agree with his views but I would never question his love for the club.

I dont know BPM personally but having questioned his motives on here before, he and I (and he didnt have to) had a fair chat via PM where he absolutely convinced me otherwise. Champions has always seemed like a board/MSG apologist and whilst that is his right, it will put him at odds with most on here. Such is life.

😂 apologist 

I was outside the main stand last season shouting for the BoD to go, I've also told  a BoD member to his face that  I wont be renewing my season until they are away.

Ultimately I want the team on the pitch to succeed, and unfortunately the only way to achieve that is by people either renewing or patg to give the manager(s) the resources they need to hopefully achieve that.  If you'd rather fund our competitors then that's your prerogative.

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

Austin's 18 starts in 18 months at ICT screams squad player and if you can't see that Morton to Kelty would've been a huge drop, then that's fine...!

I'd guess that Tidser will have a job within the Kelty owners business which will make up the big wages on offer, many of these finishing footballers have bought into that. Tidser probably will be doing more hours now !

Squad player is different from injury prone and if he only started 18 games then his goal return is even better so I’d suggest that to go from being a squad player at ICT to Kelty is not the natural progression.

Morton to Kelty is a huge drop but is it bigger than Falkirk to Kelty?

Money will always be the deciding factor in where players go.

7 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

The funny shape ball games in Oz are AFL (Aussie Rules) & NRL (bloody rugby league).

Neither of these sports have a dedicated "kicker" role and I genuinely can't see Brendan making it at either sport, less so than football...sorry soccer.

You are thinking of Grid Iron in the US.  

ETA - The Aussies also play Rugby Union but no one pays any attention to it.

As Simon (not Sebastian one)said rugby is a game played by men with funny shaped balls, I personally apply that to all those games.

I would rather watch Dave Lee Travis play Macbeth

46 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Squad player is different from injury prone and if he only started 18 games then his goal return is even better so I’d suggest that to go from being a squad player at ICT to Kelty is not the natural progression.

Morton to Kelty is a huge drop but is it bigger than Falkirk to Kelty?

Money will always be the deciding factor in where players go.

He had his fair share of injuries at ICT as he did with us and never did 90 mins in a game probably for a reason. Austin wanted an easier life, I'd guess if Kelty wasn't close to his original home, he would still be playing league football.

Money will always have a huge factor in where players go but Kelty is nothing but a retirement home for footballers, throwing in a manual job to prepare for life after football. 

Igalho for Man Utd proving it isn't always money where players go and there are hosts of others.

2 hours ago, champions said:

😂 apologist 

I was outside the main stand last season shouting for the BoD to go, I've also told  a BoD member to his face that  I wont be renewing my season until they are away.

Ultimately I want the team on the pitch to succeed, and unfortunately the only way to achieve that is by people either renewing or patg to give the manager(s) the resources they need to hopefully achieve that.  If you'd rather fund our competitors then that's your prerogative.

You didn't renew your season ticket but you're paying in at the gate every week? 

21 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Igalho for Man Utd proving it isn't always money where players go and there are hosts of others.

Igalho to Man Utd 🤦🏻‍♂️. Why was Igalho in China in the first place? It certainly wasn’t for the standard of football. Go to China for a couple of years, make a sh*t load of money then get out (particularly when there’s a life threatening virus spreading round the place). Not sure how he’s gona survive on over £100 grand a week.

Hosts of others?? Go on then...

Football players have a limited time as a career very few make the jump to management after their playing career is up, IF they are lucky they get to play senior football till about the age of 35 by that time most players legs have gone or injuries have taken there toll on them and catches up on them so to have a career less than 20 years in which they can make some decent amount of cash, pay off the mortgage provide a half decent living for the family etc then yes money is the motivator, they are no different to anyone else i mean how many here are at their place of work for the love of the job and anyone that says other wise needs to have a word with themselves.

How many former players are now taxi drivers, postmen etc and theres the lad at Aberdeen thats training to be a plumber for when his career finishes 

I can sympathise with people not going but if your kids are keen to go then surely you should take them along, they are the future of our support. The BOD aren’t going to be there forever.

Some of the best memories I have of my youth is going to the football with my dad.

Back the Bairns and take your son or daughters along if they are twisting your arm!

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Igalho to Man Utd 🤦🏻‍♂️. Why was Igalho in China in the first place? It certainly wasn’t for the standard of football. Go to China for a couple of years, make a sh*t load of money then get out (particularly when there’s a life threatening virus spreading round the place). Not sure how he’s gona survive on over £100 grand a week.

Is that not his point though?

1 hour ago, JulioBairn said:

Money will always be the deciding factor in where players go, was your statement.

As said money is a big factor but proving themselves in the game still exists, location of the club, which league and some have an affinity with a club or two.

Id guess McAllister and McGovern would've took pay cuts to come to Falkirk just of the top of my head and one of the biggest mercenaries Mo Johnston too

I am sure you can use google to find host of others, if you can then you will see mainly big profile ones but there are plenty others, its for sure not always money that is the deciding factor in where players go.

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Is that not his point though?

No it’s mine. I’m suggesting the most important thing in any deal for a player is money. Mr Dust is suggesting things like the level they will be playing at come into consideration before money. 

5 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Money will always be the deciding factor in where players go, was your statement.

As said money is a big factor but proving themselves in the game still exists, location of the club, which league and some have an affinity with a club or two.

Id guess McAllister and McGovern would've took pay cuts to come to Falkirk just of the top of my head and one of the biggest mercenaries Mo Johnston too

I am sure you can use google to find host of others, if you can then you will see mainly big profile ones but there are plenty others, its for sure not always money that is the deciding factor in where players go.

Excellent, 3 examples of guys that retired 20 years ago. Any more modern ones? I also don’t get where you’re coming from with Mo Johnston? Was he offered more money elsewhere but chose to sign for us?

I can sympathise with people not going but if your kids are keen to go then surely you should take them along, they are the future of our support. The BOD aren’t going to be there forever.

Some of the best memories I have of my youth is going to the football with my dad.

Back the Bairns and take your son or daughters along if they are twisting your arm!

totally agree with this. its really poor parenting if you stop your kids going to the football because of your agenda.