The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aye, it’s no great tbh. What does our club do to people ?

Don’t think it’s anything to do with your club particularly. He’s looked utterly done since the DG fiasco.

6 hours ago, JaketheSnake said:

McGlynn's Rovers couldn't defend to save themselves and he loves a striker who never looks like scoring. You also need to remain patient with substitutions and fully expect whoever is playing well to be the first player off. Good luck with him 

You forgot to mention that you’ll consistently have really bad “luck” with injuries, but apart from that you’re on the money.

Disappointing interview, for me a morphation of the past few managers. What bloody game was he watching?

Referring to “Callum” doesn’t give me confidence, another shambolic player not worthy of wearing the NB.
Many posts referring to McGlynn being rambling/haunted. There should have been one emotion - anger.

So it’s two games in and the same old reverberating shite.  

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Disappointing interview, for me a morphation of the past few managers. What bloody game was he watching?

Referring to “Callum” doesn’t give me confidence, another shambolic player not worthy of wearing the NB.
Many posts referring to McGlynn being rambling/haunted. There should have been one emotion - anger.

So it’s two games in and the same old reverberating shite.  

Yep.. could easily have been a Rennie or Sheerin interview. 

As an experiment, can keepers not bother saving a Morrison shot.

I don't think they have the power to get over the line on their own steam.

What this has also reinforced is what a diddy nonsense pre season affair the League Cup is. Once the hard graft starts we've had two dreadful performances,  zero goals and a shoeing.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

4 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Just watched the goals. Falkirk defence is horrendous. Thought you had improved it with players who would “walk into any team in the league”?

You do realise we were down to 10 men and had Hetherington, Nesbitt and Williamson in that 10 for two of the goals. A lucky deflection for the 1st goal too.

9 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Just watched the goals. Falkirk defence is horrendous. Thought you had improved it with players who would “walk into any team in the league”?

Henderson's out injured which unfortunately means we have to play Brad Mckay, for the first goal he should never have let Jamieson come inside onto his left foot but then he actually did well to recover and make the block. The two goals from corners were horrendous and the 3rd goal we can't really avoid as by that point we'd went gung ho to try get something out the game and were playing with a back three.

Our issue yesterday was yet again the midfield, McGinn had his worst game in a Falkirk shirt but I can't help but blame that on him having to play in beside Hetherington and Nesbitt. Hetherington dives in and sells himself at every opportunity then we watch whoever's up against him just easily drift past. Nesbitt's just a waste of a jersey especially when we go a goal down. 

Edited by FFC 1876

6 minutes ago, Aufc said:

We had not lost a goal from open play in 5 competitive games till yesterday. That shows we have improved. We lost goals yesterday which were a mixture of bad luck and poor defending.  Donaldson, Henderson and Mackie would play in every other side in the league. 
Get your crowing in early. Long season. We were awful 2nd half yesterday. I genuinely think Airdrie I saw yesterday were better last season. I am sure you can play better. 

2 minutes ago, brokeville said:

That’s a lot to do with the questions. 

I dunno. After the Morton draw he answered Lewis' powder puff question very differently. He could easily have taken that first question and given a much angrier response. 

It was delusional stuff. I know people will say this is his squad now so he can't afford to slate the players but I honestly don't think that matters. 

They don't try any harder because the manager has their back. They're just as shite the following week. Be as well showing a bit of anger. 

The 'we'll just work harder in training ' shite we've heard for 3 seasons now. We don't buy it and we don't want to hear it.

Guest Ecosse83

First half there was very little in it and probably unfortunate to go in behind (poor defending though). 2nd half we were very poor and created very little, I don’t like having a go at individual players but I’d really like to see the back of Nesbitt, absolute sand dancer the boy! 

Mcglynn will get it right it’s probably just going to take longer than we all hoped for. 

8 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I dunno. After the Morton draw he answered Lewis' powder puff question very differently. He could easily have taken that first question and given a much angrier response. 

It was delusional stuff. I know people will say this is his squad now so he can't afford to slate the players but I honestly don't think that matters. 

They don't try any harder because the manager has their back. They're just as shite the following week. Be as well showing a bit of anger. 

The 'we'll just work harder in training ' shite we've heard for 3 seasons now. We don't buy it and we don't want to hear it.

If fans are looking for a manager to come out an slaughter players it won’t happen 

Next week get Hetherington & Nesbitt to f**k, drop Morrison until he's learned he can't score from 10 yards out never mind 30 yards out and get the two new boys on from the start. 

Martin
Williamson Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Yeats
McGuffie Lawal Burrell
Alegria