The Falkirk FC Thread

30 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd be offering a new contract to Yeats and Burrell right now 

Queen of the South losing against Kelty last night. Genuinely thought they would be up at the top end challenging with us, Pars and Airdrie but certainly hasn't worked out that way. Ruth yet to score but he has only started one game tbf 

Yeats signed a two year deal in the summer.

On 10/10/2022 at 21:01, RC55 FFC said:

Monday night is upon us again troops ⚽🎧🎙

Another great show guys.  Really enjoying these!  Think it probably helps that theres a bit of positivity(on the field at least) around the club this season so the podcast has come at a good time...not sure I'd enjoy it so much analysing some of the games from the past few seasons!  But full credit to you guys..

p.s loved the rendition of that Walter Rojas song, that me laugh out loud as the kids say! 

43 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Another great show guys.  Really enjoying these!  Think it probably helps that theres a bit of positivity(on the field at least) around the club this season so the podcast has come at a good time...not sure I'd enjoy it so much analysing some of the games from the past few seasons!  But full credit to you guys..

p.s loved the rendition of that Walter Rojas song, that me laugh out loud as the kids say! 

Oh I don’t know. I’d love to have torn into some of the charlatans who have worn the navy blue on the podcast rather than just with my mates 😂

Cheers for listening to us ramble 👍🏼

Goalkeeper 
PJ Morrison - June 2023 - option of another year
Paddy Martin - June 2023

Defenders
Blair Sneddon - June 2023
Ryan Williamson - June 2023
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Paul Watson - June 2023
Liam Henderson - June 2024
Coll Donaldson - June 2024
Sean Mackie - June 2024

Midfielders
Stephen Mcginn - June 2023 - option of another year
Callumn Morrison - June 2024
Steven Hetherington - June 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2023
Craig Mcguffie - June 2023
Seb Ross - June 2023
Finn Yeats - June 2024
Ola Lawal - June 2023 - option of another year
Pearse Carroll (A) - June 2024
Lennon Walker (A) - June 2023
Scott Honeyman (A) - June 2023

Strikers
Rumarn Burrell - June 2023 - option of another year
Gary Oliver - June 2023 - option of another year
Jaime Wilson - June 2023
Finlay Malcolm - June 2023
Kyle Connolly (A) - June 2023?

Obviously very early in the day to be looking at contract extensions but I thought I'd just give a rundown of where we are with the current squad. Kyle Connolly didn't have any sort of timeframe on his announcement so I'm assuming it's just a year.

Andy Rodgers has announced his retirement from football. I genuinely had no idea he was still playing. Feels like about three lifetimes ago that he was a Bairn.

Sentimentally, I have to think he’s one of the last ever players who played at Brockville to still be actively playing the game. He’s not the very last, because Craig Gordon was between the sticks for Hearts when we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup during the last season at Brockville. In terms of Falkirk players, Lee Miller is still playing at East Kilbride, with the first of his few spells for Falkirk coming at Brockville.

They are the only two who immediately come to mind. Can anyone think of any others who have played at Brockville and are still playing today? 

Guest FFC1965
1 hour ago, Donathan said:

Andy Rodgers has announced his retirement from football. I genuinely had no idea he was still playing. Feels like about three lifetimes ago that he was a Bairn.

Sentimentally, I have to think he’s one of the last ever players who played at Brockville to still be actively playing the game. He’s not the very last, because Craig Gordon was between the sticks for Hearts when we beat them 4-0 in the Scottish Cup during the last season at Brockville. In terms of Falkirk players, Lee Miller is still playing at East Kilbride, with the first of his few spells for Falkirk coming at Brockville.

They are the only two who immediately come to mind. Can anyone think of any others who have played at Brockville and are still playing today? 

Id wondered if any of the Everton squad who played at Brockville in April 2002 might still be playing now.   

Tony Hibbert is the nearest I can get - he is playing amateur football in France now but didn't feature at Brockville that night.  

https://bettermeddle.org.uk/archive/match.php?season=2002&id=201&type=1 

https://www.toffeeweb.com/season/01-02/reports/falkirk_f.asp

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Dougie Hill was a youth player that season so I assume he would have been involved in youth/reserve games. He's still playing for Kelty.

8 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I'd be offering a new contract to Yeats and Burrell right now 

Queen of the South losing against Kelty last night. Genuinely thought they would be up at the top end challenging with us, Pars and Airdrie but certainly hasn't worked out that way. Ruth yet to score but he has only started one game tbf 

Theyve paid the penalty for sticking with the boy that they went down under. Something we've been dab hands of over the last couple of decades with McKinnon and Presley .

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Good piece in the Falkirk Herald this week about the FSS, hopefully increases the reach and gets more people on board. 

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-supporters-society-all-you-need-to-know-about-fan-ownership-and-an-interview-with-co-founder-stuart-adam-3877595

Good read. 

This was on FB earlier too;

9A260ABD-B802-4E9D-A0C9-DF33ADF6D1D7.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

24 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

TV, perhaps?

Notice Mo V Airdrie also moved to the Friday night, expect a few others will be too rather than play on Christmas Eve perhaps. It'll be an  early Christmas present for Falkirk anyway.