The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The cost will naturally be higher than having such small numbers in the main stand so it's going to be a saving whatever way you look at it.

Off the top of my head the following teams all do it whenever they are in the lower leagues. It's just common sense. 

Dunfermline, Raith, Ayr Utd, Hamilton, Clyde, Airdrie Partick, Killie, Morton, St Mirren, Dundee, ICT, Ross County.

Why do you think we should be so different?

Maybe because paying home fans asked for it to happen due to them being uncomfortable with having the away fans in beside them?

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Maybe because paying home fans asked for it to happen due to them being uncomfortable with having the away fans in beside them?

Struggle to see what makes them uncomfortable. They are segregated throughout the match. The only cross over is the concourse areas. We have hosted away fans in the main stand for a decade now so not sure why its now an issue.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Struggle to see what makes them uncomfortable. They are segregated throughout the match. The only cross over is the concourse areas. We have hosted away fans in the main stand for a decade now so not sure why its now an issue.

I'm not sure either but fans have clearly voiced that opinion to the club and we've listened to them by putting away fans back in the north stand at a small cost to ourselves.

It's been done to death but I for one am happy the club have listened and provided a solution rather than telling them they're the issue.

Edited by FFC 1876

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I assume rather than naming rights to the stadium we could sell right to the North and Main Stands. Ie whenever the main stand is referred to in club terms, its given its sponsored name. The only thing maybe not allowed would presumably be a sign on the outside, but could have signage inside etc. 

Would not put it past the council charging FFC for calling it the TFS.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not sure either but fans have clearly voiced that opinion to the club and we've listened to them by putting away fans back in the north stand at a small cost to ourselves.

It's been done to death but I for one am happy the club have listened and provided a solution rather than telling them they're the issue.

I'm not disputing that it is good the fans are being listened to. That is fantastic but I just don't understand what is uncomfortable about it. 

It could cost £100 to open the north stand or it could cost £1000 to open it for a game. I genuinely don't know. If we open the NS for 8-10 more games over a season surely that equates to so many hundred FSS subscriptions over a season or so many dozen season ticket sales getting absorbed into an unnecessary cost?

Just trying to create a relatable comparison.

Edited by latapythelegend

5 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I'm not disputing that it is good the fans are being listened to. That is fantastic but I just don't understand what is uncomfortable about it. 

It could ask £100 to open the north stand or it could cost £1000 to open it for a game. I genuinely don't know. If we open the NS for 8-10 more games over a season surely that equates to so many hundred FSS subscriptions over a season or so many dozen season ticket sales getting absorbed into an unnecessary cost?

Just trying to create a relatable comparison.

I think queen of the south fans jumping the barrier and confronting Falkirk fans was what probably made them uncomfortable.

3 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I'd give the option to Concessions to pay the Adult price if they can afford to do so, as i'm sure many of them can, and the age demographic of the support includes a lot of pensioners, who aren't poor. There is quite a large price ( too large in my opinion £100 for Main and South Stands and £ 55 for Prime Main Stand)  differential between an Adult and a Concession Season ticket.

I'd also at least make a charge for Under 12's going to Prime main stand. They should be paying something for attending a match in that area

Under 12s would just buy free tickets then and sit where ever there was a free prime seat if they wanted one of those that badly. I don't think I've ever seen anyone challenged for sitting in a prime seat unless it's someone else's seat they're in.

22 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Exactly. As long as the cost isn’t silly I don’t know how the club can be blamed for listening to loyal fans (season ticket holders) opinions. 

24 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think queen of the south fans jumping the barrier and confronting Falkirk fans was what probably made them uncomfortable.

Was this at the 5-2 game I take it?

I just can't imagine QotS fans being able to do much more than bore folk to death. 

I'm always for the fans being listened to, but even I am having a hard time with opening a stand at cost* for the reason of "some fans aren't comfortable being in the same stand as away fans".

I neither know if that's the reason, or what the cost is, but even if you listen to the fans at all times, sometimes you should probably still be prepared to say no. 

10 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Was this at the 5-2 game I take it?

I just can't imagine QotS fans being able to do much more than bore folk to death. 

I was of the opinion that opening up the north stand wasn't worth it as well  but having spoken to a few folk that always sit there there had been a couple of similar incidents before and the qots one was the last straw for them. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I was of the opinion that opening up the north stand wasn't worth it as well  but having spoken to a few folk that always sit there there had been a couple of similar incidents before and the qots one was the last straw for them. 

The correct answer here is for the club to steward appropriately, and to seek the cooperation of visiting clubs during incidents to ban those responsible. 

I can imagine the number of Falkirk fans that “feel uncomfortable” sitting near opposition fans can be counted on two hands. If anyone genuinely is put off by this they should sit in the South stand. 

Dunfermline are the only L1 team that should be getting the north stand opened for them IMO

5 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Stewarding the segregation in the main stand properly would cost more than opening the north stand. A bit of a no brainer to stick the away fans behind the goal 

It's all conjecture really because I don't think anyone has posted what the cost is of opening the North when it's not needed for numbers. 

I suppose the inference of the club opening it in response to complaints from hone fans would be that the club didn't intent to open it. This would suggest a cost to me. I don't mind if it's to let kids in to support Falkirk for free and community stuff like that, bit I'd object to a spend on the basis that folk don't like being near away fans. 

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The correct answer here is for the club to steward appropriately, and to seek the cooperation of visiting clubs during incidents to ban those responsible. 

And anyone with a drum trying to gain entry is made to leave it either back at there respective car or bus or confiscated till the game ends. Does my Fckn napper in. I play the piano, can you imagine if I tried to gain entry?

1 minute ago, Springfield said:

And anyone with a drum trying to gain entry is made to leave it either back at there respective car or bus or confiscated till the game ends. Does my Fckn napper in. I play the piano, can you imagine if I tried to gain entry?

Yeah I lost 2 bassoons and a cello that way. Never again

59 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I sit in the KM Stand so wasn't aware of that. That obviously shouldn't happen and should really be the stewards responsibility.

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

That really gets on my tits. I can only imagine how annoying it would be if our fans started it and I was sat anywhere near!