The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, 1876 ffc said:

Can’t give McGlynn the two semis

Feel like he deserves the semi. Win that and the momentum will hopefully see us through the playoffs. Lose and I wouldn’t be sad to see him go. 

That team selection was ridiculous tonight. It just smacks of not knowing what we are doing. If this resting players doesn't get us up via the play offs it's spectacularly backfired. Our form has been woeful for weeks now. 

Meanwhile Airdrie (and Alloa) are in great form in the league and Inverness (for the cup) are in great form. In my opinion we should have been trying to find out best 11 in these games. We've now put 2nd position in jeopardy again by failing to beat the team with the worst form in the league at home. One up front wasn't the way to go, and if so it's not burrell.

I have no confidence for Hampden or the play offs.

Gave McGlynn plenty of praise when it’s been justified but tonight is solely on him. What an absolutely embarrassing performance. We’re going to get scudded at Hampden at this rate, our defence and keeper couldn’t keep hens out a close. Went two up top and got a draw and a win and were creating a good few chances. Low and behold we’re back to a lone striker and bam. Couldn’t create a chance if we were in a brothel with a twenty pound note attached to our knob. Get it sorted McGlynn.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

That's all on McGlynn tonight, doesn't bode well at all going into the business end of the season.

The players were an absolute disgrace. Nesbitt, McCann and McKay were shocking. Don’t get Me started on the goalkeeper either 

McGlynn is now on borrowed time I’m afraid. We’ve only won 50% of our games in league 1, that is unacceptable. Tbh, we weren’t very good even when we went on that “good run”, we had to scrap through a lot of those games. I’m afraid saying “we’re so much better than last season so stick with him” isn’t a good reason to keep him. We’ve been disgraceful for 5-years so we could only be better. We kept McKinnon for too long and it left lasting damage, if things continue like this he needs to go. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

The players were an absolute disgrace. Nesbitt, McCann and McKay were shocking. Don’t get Me started on the goalkeeper either 

McGlynn brought that keeper in and said at the time PJ had been off the boil. Pish. He made one mistake at Darvel and made up for it with the save he made earlier in that game. Kinnear is murder. The Camelon fans even said that FFS.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s a silly thing to say but lose them both and the board have a big decision to make.

No promotion from this league = abject failure.

I’ll be amazed if we start next season with anyone other than the current manager in place, irrespective of how this one ends

Personally I become a little bit less convinced by him with each passing week. I give us little chance in the play-offs and, given the form ICT are in at the moment, none whatsoever in the s/f. McGlynn looks clueless at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Whilst I agree, we cannot sack a manager every single season. 

We can't but McGlynn's well past his honeymoon period now. And to be quite honest is doing a great job of bringing the heat on himself. There's no doubt he's a competent manager compared to the other incumbents of recent seasons but by f**k he's doing his utmost at making it another clusterfuck of a season.

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He made 5 changes and all of them were like for like despite the fact it clearly wasn't working. Everyone but McGlynn knows Burrell can't play as a lone striker. 

I've been wanting Kinnear dropped for the last few games but McGlynn's clearly picked his man so we'll be seeing him until the end of the season. Must have kicked the ball out the park at least 5 times tonight.

Edited by FFC 1876