The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

I’m amazed more opposition managers hasn’t sussed him out take rovers record In Mcglynns last season since the December,  abysmal TBH , Watched the Ayr game aswell couldn’t believe Ayr lost the game as they had Falkirk on toast the first half 

You didn’t watch it close enough. Ayr were the better team for the first 15/20 minutes.

First & foremost, McGlynn is going nowhere; both in terms of his employment prospects & advancement of the team. Whether you like it or not.

As for candidates who should be getting looked at, & at least approached. Jack Ross would be the stick out candidate, at present. Unattached, club connection & hasn’t been in the job before. Whether he’d take it, would be another matter entirely.

If McGlynn is going to stay, as it would appear he is, I want an acknowledgement from the club of the abject humiliation of the last week and the wider failure to win promotion and a statement outlining what they are going to do about it and what the expectations are going into next season. The expectation should be winning the league. Nothing less. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

3 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Airdrie have a guy who scored on Tuesday and has looked ok in two games this week that was a donkey with us.

ATS?

It's amazing how coming into a well managed side where players are adequately coached and all know exactly what their role is can make players look okay. Even, and I say this grudgingly, Telfer has had some reasonable performances this season.

Conversely, and equally amazingly, reasonable players at other clubs arrive at Falkirk where they immediately become utterly abysmal.

17 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

You’re obviously obsessed with us, knowing what we’ve done and not done. I don’t give a fcuk about DAFC, 

You got handed 500 grand during Covid from the Scottish Government the only Full Time teams that didn’t receive this was ourselves and Partick. That has to have benefitted DAFC. or did you hand that to the creditors you shafted  10 years ago with your CVA  zero pence in £. after years of being funded by a crook. 

You got a manager that for a period in time has got a tune out of guys Hughes couldn’t. Your manager is not the messiah and some of the players you mention you’re getting a tune out of  have no sellable value. Maybe next year they will be back to being mediocre again ?  That’s what you get with players at this level. Hughes is also a balloon a probably the main reason you got relegated. 

Airdrie have a guy who scored on Tuesday and has looked ok in two games this week that was a donkey with us. 

There is little reliability or consistency with any players at this level.

Yaaaasss!!! Let me know when your head comes back down from orbit.

To address your tearful nonsense:

- You don't know what the word 'obsessed' means, so you shouldn't use it

- Why would a club refuse an interest free loan during a time when income dropped massively? 

- Zero creditors were handed any cash, as per the CVA. I hope that continues to eat you up.*

- Yup, next season we may indeed be mediocre. I've never said otherwise. However, and this may shock you, every single always makes signings during the summer window

- Haha Hughes was definitely the main reason we got relegated. Shocking appointment by the board, although Grant's appointment was just as bad. Should McGlynn be punted you better hope your board doesn't entertain either of them!

11 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Brown was on the market until Fleetwood gave him an offer, fact. Now back to your own thread with you.

Are you unfamiliar with a multi club forum?

Brown absolutely wouldn't have settled for a League 1 club. That he got the Fleetwood job is ample evidence of that, but even if he hadn't then he would have strolled in to a Scottish Championship job at minimum.

*It was years ago. Get over it. Everyone else has. P.S. It may surprise you, but I had zero control over club finances. Indeed, I still don't.

24 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Brown was on the market until Fleetwood gave him an offer, fact. Now back to your own thread with you.

18 minutes ago, kiddy said:

As for candidates who should be getting looked at, & at least approached. Jack Ross would be the stick out candidate, at present. Unattached, club connection & hasn’t been in the job before. Whether he’d take it, would be another matter entirely.

Aye, you definitely seem to know what you're talking about with regards to potential managers. 

Reckon I'm gonna stay here for a bit, this is very, very funny. 

Few takeaway's from that interview with McGlynn.

Mentions needing a goalkeeper, right back, centre mid, winger and striker but no mention at all of a centre back.

Hints at still being in contract talks with current players and also players who were on loan with us this season. Better not be fucking Kinnear as he's not the answer, would be fine with Rowe but his tweet today doesn't strike me as he's planning on staying and McGlynn was talking as if it could be a winger but surely Kai Kennedy has much better offers than us on the table.

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Yaaaasss!!! Let me know when your head comes back down from orbit.  -  The only thing wrong with my head is watching this Eurovision shit on TV the moment and being bothered putting you straight.

To address your tearful nonsense:

- You don't know what the word 'obsessed' means, so you shouldn't use it  -  You Are fact.

- Why would a club refuse an interest free loan during a time when income dropped massively? - It wasn’t a loan, it was a grant. 

- Zero creditors were handed any cash, as per the CVA. I hope that continues to eat you up.* -  I know how it works I deal with folks busting companies every day and setting up again the next after cutting a deal with the receiver. The system is bent.

- Yup, next season we may indeed be mediocre. I've never said otherwise. However, and this may shock you, every single always makes signings during the summer window

- Haha Hughes was definitely the main reason we got relegated. Shocking appointment by the board, although Grant's appointment was just as bad. Should McGlynn be punted you better hope your board doesn't entertain either of them!

Are you unfamiliar with a multi club forum?  -  Yes quite familiar.

Brown absolutely wouldn't have settled for a League 1 club. That he got the Fleetwood job is ample evidence of that, but even if he hadn't then he would have strolled in to a Scottish Championship job at minimum.

*It was years ago. Get over it. Everyone else has. P.S. It may surprise you, but I had zero control over club finances. Indeed, I still don't.

I've just watched that interview, f**k me. The boys gave everything, we've improved, it's a two year plan. It's fucking league one the standard is atrocious. They were utter shite, with the exception of Mackie and yeats today they all flung in the towel. 

Even if by some sort of miracle he gets us up next year he's doing absolutely f**k all in the championship. Houston, arguably the best manager we've had in a decade or so couldn't manage it. 

I've watched every ball we've kicked this year, I've wasted thousands to be told we were unlucky we need to realise where we've came from. No you absolute weapon, you caused this by playing the same starting 11 because we won the last game, regardless of individuals performances or the opposition. So when you're properly found out you rely on players who haven't kicked a ball in anger in months. 

Get the c**t to f**k, get his 60 minute subs to f**k, get his negative pish one up front in league b*****d one at home to kelty to f**k, get his mulling over stats to f**k. 

That squad needs horsed, a complete clear out. Is a manager really gonna cost that much more.