The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Mackie had a poor start but played well thereafter. Max was soso but Yeats was MOTM by a mile today. He was excellent. 

They were the only 3 that played like it mattered. Given the 2 full backs have barely played in months I thought they did pretty well. There were a couple of Airdrie players laughing at Yeats for getting frustrated a couple of times but at least he showed he cared.  Go and do your pointing and laughing at Brad McKay please 

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

We deserve all we get with posts like this about volunteer's who dedicate their life to our club.

This is the geezer who thinks George Craig was “excellent”.

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe folk could restrict their ire to the paid employees who served up the shite of this last week, rather than insulting a volunteer.... Plenty to get stuck into without giving an amateur commentator personal abuse ffs

Well said, Lewis is a volunteer who gives his time up to provide a service for fans who can’t always get to TFS. There has been times I’ve moaned about showing replays when the game is still going on but it would never get to the level of personal insults. He’s one of us and deserves a bit of respect.

I only went today, as I bought tickets for both ties at the same time 🤦🏻‍♂️(juvenile mistake) & did try to exchange my QR code to somebody PATG. Lucky white heather=he turned me down🤨

The two “performances” this week were reminiscent of what was dished up in the previous two seasons & should have alarm bells ringing. They come out next season & churn that out weekly & it might be the play offs at the opposite end they are looking at this time next year.

Here are two messages I sent during the game.

C57A3754-3132-4576-9696-96C348E008A6.jpeg

FA0C6A84-6026-4750-8703-B99BFAF4DFA5.jpeg

What a dreadful end to the season. McGlynn making like for like subs when it isn’t working is one of the most frustrating things to see. 

Regarding McGlynn’s future, I think he’ll be here next season. He was likely given a two year deal with the remit to get us up. The first year was likely to stabilise the team and push for promotion with the second season to gain promotion. The cup run has will probably make the BOD look back on the season as an overall success

PJ Morrison - beyond brutal distribution. 
Donaldson - believed his own hype. 
McKay - up there with Dennon Lewis. 
Mackie - A bit of a psycho who lacks awareness. 
Henderson - decent but what is his best position? 
McGinn - decent but legs going. 
Nesbitt - stat padder. Who authorised the new deal?
Burrell - far from the messiah. on his day a total waste of a jersey. 

no even gonna bother with the big guy Wright. 

24 minutes ago, unused sub said:

Today's tactical master stroke was to have Donaldson hit high diagonal balls for Henderson to knock down into the Airdrie box and hope someone gets on the end of it. Henderson lost nearly all of these ariel duels unfortunately. 

I thought it was a masterstroke as he won them. Just a shame there wasn't anyone to get on the end of them ...

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The cup run has will probably make the BOD look back on the season as an overall success

I'd be surprised if an unremarkable run of beating Wick, Alloa, (one hit wonder) Darvel, & Ayr, followed up by a sound beating off a bang average ICT side is enough to convince them of that.