The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

In light of how much abuse we Falkirk fans take from every c**t and their aunty it got me thinking about supporters of clubs in Scotland. I wonder how many clubs would have kept their gates at the level we have and who’s fans would have stepped up financially in the way we all have, given the level of shite we have been served up the past 5 years. I’m not so sure every club would have received this backing going into their 5th season in League 1.

Despite what others say we truly are a loyal mob and the club should be thankful they have us.

I've never understood the hatred and vitriol that comes our way.

We aren't bigots, we aren't racists, we don't hold extreme right wing political views (well, except Dawson Park Boy. I haven't heard from him in ages, I hope that he hasn't passed away and I've put my foot in it again?). We are just an under achieving provincial club with an extremely passionate and loyal fanbase and yet numerous fans of other clubs come onto this thread spouting bile. I just don't get it, really I don't.

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

I think that's part of the problem, the club know that, they can rely on pretty much the same level of season tickets, merchandise etc to be sold regardless of the crap on the park and the excuses made for it. McGlynn trots out the "the club are thankful for your support" line at any opportunity, it's like it's been a clause inserted into his contract

I think with McGlynn that may be the case but I don’t honestly think the new board take us for granted in the same way others have. They are fans just like us and I think they will know that for what we all give we expect to see better. That’s why I don’t think McGlynn will be here if things aren’t going great early doors next season.

The end of the season was a disaster but I do find people demanding an apology a bit cringey. An apology means f**k all. Show your intent by getting signings in and getting c***s like McKay out. That will shift more season tickets than a ‘we’re sorry’ email IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

We aren't bigots, we aren't racists, we don't hold extreme right wing political views (well, except Dawson Park Boy. I haven't heard from him in ages, I hope that he hasn't passed away and I've put my foot in it again?). We are just an under achieving provincial club with an extremely passionate and loyal fanbase and yet numerous fans of other clubs come onto this thread spouting bile. I just don't get it, really I don't.

I think we are an easy target these days, there are probably very few teams left in all 4 leagues in Scotland who’s fans haven’t popped in here at some point to have a go at us. It’s like water off a ducks back for me now, they can say what they like. When they are digging us out they are leaving everyone else alone.

1 minute ago, JulioBairn said:

The end of the season was a disaster but I do find people demanding an apology a bit cringey. An apology means f**k all. Show your intent by getting signings in and getting c***s like McKay out. That will shift more season tickets than a ‘we’re sorry’ email IMO. 

Exactly this

6 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think you're misreading most of it.

I like having a look and a giggle in here at times, but I don't really think I ever see anything that can properly be described as hatred or vitriol.  

As pointed out often, Falkirk is a relatively big club which has been in a lowly station for a while.  If that's not your own club, it's kind of funny.

That really is all.  I think most fans of diddy sides in Scotland know where to properly direct their genuine loathing.  

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

It's all quite performative from a lot of folk on P&B. All this "horrible wee club" chat. It actually bears no real scrutiny. 

As I understand it, this site from its early days had quite a high number of Falkirk posters. Probably a few roasters over the years have pushed folk into a dislike. 

There are only 2 obvious candidate clubs in Scotland for being deserving of the sort of vitriol we see directed our way. Everyone else is just on the same sliding scale of Diddy who needs to do the best they can to overcome the rigged game this countries football has become. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It's all quite performative from a lot of folk on P&B. All this "horrible wee club" chat. It actually bears no real scrutiny. 

As I understand it, this site from its early days had quite a high number of Falkirk posters. Probably a few roasters over the years have pushed folk into a dislike. 

There are only 2 obvious candidate clubs in Scotland for being deserving of the sort of vitriol we see directed our way. Everyone else is just on the same sliding scale of Diddy who needs to do the best they can to overcome the rigged game this countries football has become. 

I think vitriol and mockery are not identical things.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I’ve been on P&B for over 20 years now and agree with what you say. In the early days there were some absolutely roasters on here from most clubs. It was a lot more hostile and argumentative in those days and you seemed to get away with more back then. There probably was Falkirk fans who rubbed others up the wrong way as there were from other clubs, I seem to remember St Mirren having a couple of posters who were zoomers back then.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve been on P&B for over 20 years now and agree with what you say. In the early days there were some absolutely roasters on here from most clubs. It was a lot more hostile and argumentative in those days and you seemed to get away with more back then. There probably was Falkirk fans who rubbed others up the wrong way but I seem to remember St Mirren having a couple of posters who were zoomers back then.

And if St Mirren were about to embark on their fifth season at this level, similar hilarity would surround it.

Stop being so precious.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And if St Mirren were about to embark on their fifth season at this level, similar hilarity would surround it.

Stop being so precious.

I’m not being precious, the abuse we get on here doesn’t honestly bother me now, the way we have been for the past 5 seasons it’s par for the course. I know there are some posters who do have a genuine loathing of Falkirk but for most it’s just a piss take.

49 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Dawson Park Boy was banned for homophobic posting on the politics forum. 

51 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

You're getting the pish ripped because your teams pish, stop being so precious. 

Dunfermline, Morton and Partick have all had it recently, if you're going to spend time in league one as a reasonably sized full time you're going to get it tight, if you don't understand that in PnB then you'd be better of in a singular club forum. 

Falkirk fans in particular seem very precious about it. "Hated and vitriol", jesus christ. 

45 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

We need a rebuild again as the players left have proved by results they don't have it to get promotion.

With the exception of Yeats if the rest were moved on it would be neither here nor there.

Fitness, Will to win, Consistency, Mentality and worse of all the bottle when it mattered was just not there. These were attributes in spades that Houstie had in his teams that played to the final whistle and feared for it and we will not get out the division without these skill sets. First signing should be a leader on the park that will drive the players on the pitch. Arfield as player coach for example would fill that role.