The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You're getting the pish ripped because your teams pish, stop being so precious. 

Dunfermline, Morton and Partick have all had it recently, if you're going to spend time in league one as a reasonably sized full time you're going to get it tight, if you don't understand that in PnB then you'd be better of in a singular club forum. 

Falkirk fans in particular seem very precious about it. "Hated and vitriol", jesus christ. 

Genuine question for you Grant, what level do you think the Pars crowds would have been after 5 years in League One, do you think many would have fallen away. I see us both as similar sized clubs.

I reckon I'm just too old these days to appreciate the desire of grown men to spend hours on another teams thread making jokes about 3 stands John mcglynn and someone's team being rubbish. If you were in a pub and saw a group of opposing fans having a chat in the corner would anyone actually pop over every 5 mins to give them abuse about the same things like they do on here. I can only presume that most of the folk on here are of a very much younger generation.

14 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Genuine question for you Grant, what level do you think the Pars crowds would have been after 5 years in League One, do you think many would have fallen away. I see us both as similar sized clubs.

I'd hope they'd hold up but I've no idea. We have a far higher average this year compared to last, a title challenge is better than a relegation battle/mid table obscurity in the Championship IMO, the biggest kicker in league one is the away attendances which then effect the game day experience. 

Of course the worst case scenario is when you're then shite at this level, we had it for a season and it seemed so did you under Rennie/Sheerin, it becomes quite miserable then. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’ve been on P&B for over 20 years now and agree with what you say. In the early days there were some absolutely roasters on here from most clubs. It was a lot more hostile and argumentative in those days and you seemed to get away with more back then. There probably was Falkirk fans who rubbed others up the wrong way as there were from other clubs, I seem to remember St Mirren having a couple of posters who were zoomers back then.

Similarly I've been on here for almost 20 years and you're absolutely right about the number of complete zoomers being way higher "back in the day" generally.

I suppose for me as someone who periodically is at the wind up with Falkirk fans on here it basically boils down to the fact that you have a larger than average contingent who tend to "bite" and get riled up over and over in comparison to a lot of other clubs.

The loyalty of your fan base has been really commendable in the last 5 years, that's been your major positive and for a lot of folk it probably rightly gets used as a shield when other fans slag/criticise you. Unfortunately as this is PnB that then gets boomeranged straight back and you get it tight for your "billy big baws" attitude. It's a no win situation.

I think we can all agree on two things though:

1. The ugly sister in Glasgow is where the real scorn is reserved for.

and

2. Per capita, Morton have always had and will continue to have the absolute worst group of posters on the site. Falkirk aren't even in their stratosphere for online morons.

None of this will of course stop me being on here later giving it the big GIRFUY in the very unlikely event we don't bottle the game today. 

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'd hope they'd hold up but I've no idea. We have a far higher average this year compared to last, a title challenge is better than a relegation battle/mid table obscurity in the Championship IMO, the biggest kicker in league one is the away attendances which then effect the game day experience. 

Of course the worst case scenario is when you're then shite at this level, we had it for a season and it seemed so did you under Rennie/Sheerin, it becomes quite miserable then. 

I totally agree about the away fans. Our games against you, the cup game with Ayr and last week against Airdrie was great seeing the North Stand full of away fans. I’m not having a dig at clubs that don’t bring much away fans but it’s such a better day when you know there are going to be decent away crowds.

23 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Similarly I've been on here for almost 20 years and you're absolutely right about the number of complete zoomers being way higher "back in the day" generally.

I suppose for me as someone who periodically is at the wind up with Falkirk fans on here it basically boils down to the fact that you have a larger than average contingent who tend to "bite" and get riled up over and over in comparison to a lot of other clubs.

The loyalty of your fan base has been really commendable in the last 5 years, that's been your major positive and for a lot of folk it probably rightly gets used as a shield when other fans slag/criticise you. Unfortunately as this is PnB that then gets boomeranged straight back and you get it tight for your "billy big baws" attitude. It's a no win situation.

and

2. Per capita, Morton have always had and will continue to have the absolute worst group of posters on the site. Falkirk aren't even in their stratosphere for online morons.

None of this will of course stop me being on here later giving it the big GIRFUY in the very unlikely event we don't bottle the game today. 

Per capita... ok then & how was that worked out on p&b??.. 

Ps enjoy Annan next season for league football it might even be both of your lovely teams fae Grangemouth & Airdrie.. 

Pingo is doing a Smashing job.. 

1 minute ago, WeeDubsEnd said:

Ps enjoy Annan next season for league football it might even be both of your lovely teams fae Grangemouth & Airdrie.. 

The prosecution rests...

36 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

and

9 minutes ago, WeeDubsEnd said:

This almost feels like a set up

3 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I received that email on the 18th. In case my old eyes are letting me down, can you please point me in the direction of the apology?

Thank you.

Apology? Where did I say it was an apology. I was merely pointing out when someone said they had no comms from the club that I had an email and assumed everyone who was has signed up to the comms had 

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.9fdaaf264dd05a6c4a4734d5cc1eff27.jpeg

Cheers for the questions submitted so far on a range of topics including the new pitch, budgets, signings, Strips, stadium completion, Sponsorship ideas, fanzones & stadium catering ideas. 

Deadline will be tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I totally agree about the away fans. Our games against you, the cup game with Ayr and last week against Airdrie was great seeing the North Stand full of away fans. I’m not having a dig at clubs that don’t bring much away fans but it’s such a better day when you know there are going to be decent away crowds.

I agree with this too, also improves the atmosphere significantly when you’re playing a bigger team. The games against the Pars + Ayr were some of the better atmospheres I’ve seen at TFS for a good few years.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s unbelievable 😂.

Honestly, Mrs CB came in to the living room to ask what I was laughing about. A cursory look at his profile suggests such word spaghetti is his norm elsewhere too.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

IMG_2106.thumb.jpeg.9fdaaf264dd05a6c4a4734d5cc1eff27.jpeg

Cheers for the questions submitted so far on a range of topics including the new pitch, budgets, signings, Strips, stadium completion, Sponsorship ideas, fanzones & stadium catering ideas. 

Deadline will be tomorrow night.

Ross, I'm looking for the original post and making a c**t of finding it so if I may be so bold as to request to be spoon fed here..... Can you ask Jamie Swinney if Falkirk will use their voice to speak out against the bullshit conference league/colt teams debacle. It doesn't feel like enough to me to just vote against this as I would hope they would. Clubs and fanbases need to take a stand and as the only club I have any interest in having my own tiny amount of influence on, I'd love to see Falkirk do the right yhing for Scottish football and call this shambles out publicly. 

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ross, I'm looking for the original post and making a c**t of finding it so if I may be so bold as to request to be spoon fed here..... Can you ask Jamie Swinney if Falkirk will use their voice to speak out against the bullshit conference league/colt teams debacle. It doesn't feel like enough to me to just vote against this as I would hope they would. Clubs and fanbases need to take a stand and as the only club I have any interest in having my own tiny amount of influence on, I'd love to see Falkirk do the right yhing for Scottish football and call this shambles out publicly. 

Will do.