The Falkirk FC Thread

19 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Scottish U21 keeper 6 appearances for Lincoln City since 2020 clearly a good singing and if he is out of contract at the end of the season then depending on performances then sign him

23 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Just got the Bairns View email from the club, over 1500 ST’s sold, excellent 👏👏👏

Not bad for such a terrible, demanding, impatient, moaning, ungrateful, "fickle" bunch.

Not bad at all.

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Signing a back up keeper on loan from a club down south will be cheaper than us signing one permanently so I'm ok with this.

Only played one game for Bromley whilst on loan for the second half of the season. 

Great goalkeeping for the second goal.

Wonder where MacDonald is off to then.

8 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This.

Unless McGlynn wins us back to back promotions and a Scottish Cup  I’ll never forgive him for the grotesque first half at Airdrie, even then I would probably still hold a grudge.

However he is still our manager and as such it would be stupidity of the highest level not to hope that he gets it right this season.

He'll do well to get one promotion with us. His CV badly needs it aswell. I'm in the same boat I thought he should have been jettisoned after last season, he wasn't and here we are. I thought this league would be weaker without Dunfermline and Airdrie but seeing some of the other sides signings I'm thinking this could be a close run thing. Which gives me the fear as we don't do close run things we tend to bottle it. If McGlynn wants to win the league he has to do a Dunfermline and get us top early doors and keep us there. It's more in hope than expectation though. Agree with others there no more excuses and nowhere to hide if it starts going pear shaped. 

Edited by ebobsboy

7 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You know as well as I do that the first time MacIver misses a chance or Spencer loses the ball that some fans, including a number on here, will turn against them, while somehow managing to blame it on Nesbitt. 

We do appear to be a smidgeon more fickle than the average fan base!

That will absolutely happen although I'd question the mentality of the players aswell.  Last season it was almost as if they'd gave up in the games that really mattered. And the form was crap for months beforehand. 

23 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That will absolutely happen although I'd question the mentality of the players aswell.  Last season it was almost as if they'd gave up in the games that really mattered. And the form was crap for months beforehand. 

The manager and players got nothing but an excellent backing throughout the season. They’ve be stupid if they think they’ll get the same backing if we don’t see commitment, endeavour and accountability from the minute the first ball is kicked. McGlynn should have walked after the appalling season end collapse, but contractually he’s still here. He has my backing but nothing short of a flyer, sitting in pole position and promotion will be acceptable………

5 hours ago, Maverick_- said:

The one thing I can not understand is people still thinking our fans whine and moan more than the average fan base would in our situation. 

the utter dross we have been subjected to over the last 5 years would have seen most clubs lose almost all their home fans, yet we still come in brilliant numbers.

if we don’t start the season well and continue where we left off last season (playing utter pish) the fans will be more than within their rights to let it be known. 

Because you did even back in the Houston days when yo were doing alright

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Did we replace the blue carpet?

No it's still in place. The rubber crumb was being dropped onto the pitch when I was down today so I'd imagine it's close to being completed, as Ross mentioned. 

Should certainly be finished at some point next week and in plenty of time for the Arbroath game. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

No it's still in place. The rubber crumb was being dropped onto the pitch when I was down today so I'd imagine it's close to being completed, as Ross mentioned. 

Should certainly be finished at some point next week and in plenty of time for the Arbroath game. 

Thanks