The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

How does that fit with Watson's position?

Has he joined the group for training or looking at other options/offers elsewhere or has he severed all contact.

I haven't seen him once. My guess is that he's gone, but when the manager does his first press / FFCTV interview I imagine he'll go into detail about the squad. He tends to be quite open in his interviews. 

Langs arrival means we now have four CHs in him, Donaldson, Henderson and McKay (plus Mackie who can play there) so I don't see any room for Paul Watson. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
added second paragraph.

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I haven't seen him once. My guess is that he's gone, but when the manager does his first press / FFCTV interview I imagine he'll go into detail about the squad. He tends to be quite open in his interviews. 

Langs arrival means we now have four CHs in him, Donaldson, Henderson and McKay (plus Mackie who can play there) so I don't see any room for Paul Watson. 

And of course young Logan Sinclair.

Still hoping by some miracle we manage to move Brad Mckay on.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

As they saying goes: "You don't know what you've got 'til it's gone".

Recent squads couldn't lace some of these guys boots, which is scarier 😱

I still can't believe we got decent money for Mark Stewart albeit it took an absolute age to get it. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I presume Watson must have had an offer from someone else then  as surely he's  better doing a pre season with us than on his own even if he isn't going to get a deal 

May be doing pre season somewhere on a trial I suppose if not signed up yet 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

And of course young Logan Sinclair.

Still hoping by some miracle we manage to move Brad Mckay on.

He was asked by a wee boy who was standing next to me at the CSS game the other night if he’s staying and he would just say ‘I’m here the now’.

Obviously means extremely little but can only hope that the non committal nature of his comments could mean he’s been told if he can find a club he can go.

17 minutes ago, Russ said:

He was asked by a wee boy who was standing next to me at the CSS game the other night if he’s staying and he would just say ‘I’m here the now’.

Obviously means extremely little but can only hope that the non committal nature of his comments could mean he’s been told if he can find a club he can go.

I'd think, as a player, when the manager continually brings in someone who plays your position you must think that at some stage you'll be behind them in the pecking order and you might need to move on. 

McKay benefitted from our lack of RB and need for Henderson to be deployed in midfield last time out. I can't see that happening again this time so he'll be hoping to claim a berth over Donaldson or taking the option to move if he can be guaranteed playing time.

We might need to wait until January but his days are numbered.

10 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I'd think, as a player, when the manager continually brings in someone who plays your position you must think that at some stage you'll be behind them in the pecking order and you might need to move on. 

McKay benefitted from our lack of RB and need for Henderson to be deployed in midfield last time out. I can't see that happening again this time so he'll be hoping to claim a berth over Donaldson or taking the option to move if he can be guaranteed playing time.

We might need to wait until January but his days are numbered.

In fairness i thought he has done alright for the majority of the season till we got to the play offs and then implode and the least said about that goal at the TFS  against Airrie the better.

One of my bosses was involved at ICT and said he is alright he just has to be shouted at now and then to get him back on track.

4 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I presume Watson must have had an offer from someone else then  as surely he's  better doing a pre season with us than on his own even if he isn't going to get a deal 

Dreadful injury suffered and wish the guy all the very best whoever he signs for. Not seen our new guy, but better than anyone here.

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, Springfield said:

Dreadful injury suffered and wish the guy all the very best whoever he signs for. Not seen our new guy, but better than anyone here.

Away and don’t talk rubbish. He was bang average the first time around and in the few games he played second time he was worse. Absolutely no loss. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses
32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Got your crabbit heid on?

It is just utter drivel. We beat St.Johnstone in a BCD game yesterday I believe we will now romp this league and concede under 10 goals! 

Edited by Back Post Misses

6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Away and don’t talk rubbish. He was bang average the first time around and in the few games he played second time he was worse. Absolutely no loss. 

It’s not rubbish. There’s far too many mistakes with McKay Henderson & Donaldson all much the same - bang average at best…..