The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

The averages at the moment is actually £12/week but the club statement is completely flawed in its expectations based upon other clubs. Motherwell for instance may have 3500 members for but the average monthly contribution is actually £3.15 per member as they have a £5 minimum and kids option for £25 pa.

What was put in the statement was gaining 2,500 members with everyone paying an average £12. That just won’t happen. If we get 300-350 more members on £12/week then we’ll meet Motherwell’s monthly contributions but we’ll still be way way off filling the £400k deficit. 

The statement said £3 a week. That’s £13 per calendar month.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I hadn't worked it out, I just knew that the minimum payment was £10 monthly and that some folk would be paying more so assumed that's where the £3 figure came from.

It’s a helluva ask, that’s for sure.

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just listened to McGlynn's pre match interview, Hogarth & Nesbitt back in contention but we've picked up a couple of injuries this week to key players. Anybody heard anything? 

Hopefully not Spencer, MacIver or Lang.

Ffs, probs Lang  after his head knock last week.

Edited by Big chungus

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s a helluva ask, that’s for sure.

I heard that one of your youth players has a left sock in his training kit, that's still screaming out for a sponsor.  There could be anything up to 60p in it for the club if the right deal can be secured.

Fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

The info we got from the FSS for the monthly draw on Mondays podcast (and we shared on the recording) was that current membership was 717 with a current monthly intake of £8530. So on average, £11.89 per member. 

So that would equate to what……..£102,360. Club state a net figure of a touch over £80,000. So is £22,000 made up of PayPal fees plus other overheads?

10 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

The repayment of the govt loan.

Have we actually paid any of that back yet? Didn’t think it started for a month or three.

If the club were really looking for a £390,000 payment per season from FSS, then factoring in say a further £12,000 loan repayment, plus (total guess) £20,000 PayPal charges, £390,000 would become £420,000…….£14 a month from 2,500 people……..or near enough £49 a month from the existing 720.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I heard that one of your youth players has a left sock in his training kit, that's still screaming out for a sponsor.  There could be anything up to 60p in it for the club if the right deal can be secured.

Fingers crossed.

I mean there are lots of things to criticise Falkirk for, but maximising any possible revenue stream surely can’t be one? Are you ok? Seem to have lost it a bit since one of your fellow fans had a wee dig at you. You’re becoming a bit (more)obsessed here. 

9 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think you maybe need a wee catch up. There are plenty of folk who claimed that he didn't target a RB and the 30 miles thing has been reprised. (wee music reference for you there.)

I did ask if there is anyone that is in the mind that McGlynn didn't try and sign a right back.

As for 30 miles, one person isn't exactly an outcry like it was under Houstie.

I've just listened to Regan Hendry podcast, speaks highly of McGlynn and confirms we were in for him under the M&M management but he choose Raith because of McGlynn.

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I mean there are lots of things to criticise Falkirk for, but maximising any possible revenue stream surely can’t be one? Are you ok? 

Yes, fine thanks.

Sod all happening on our thread so I look in here sometimes.  Obviously, I'm deliberately being a bit of a tit, but there is a trace of a point in there.  I do find it a little distasteful when clubs try to squeeze yet more money out of people, but I get that it's the world we live in.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, fine thanks.

Sod all happening on our thread so I look in here sometimes.  Obviously, I'm deliberately being a bit of a tit, but there is a trace of a point in there.  I do find it a little distasteful when clubs try to squeeze yet more money out of people, but I get that it's the world we live in.

Like this, you mean?

https://store.qosfc.com/202324-player-sponsorship

1 hour ago, Big chungus said:

I personally like Miller so far, but tbh a right back should have been signed before him. Allan is looking like a waste of money because he dosent fit in with Mcglynns style of play and so far it dosent look like Mcglynn will change. So the Allan money could have been spent on a striker that Mcglynn would actually start. I don’t know what the extension triggers for McGinn and Oliver were but imo it should have been if we got promoted, which I believe was thr criteria for other players we have signed previously. We could have also used some of Nesbitt’s wages to sign someone like a Scott Martin. Like you said we need at least two keepers regardless so no money could have realistically been saved. No manager is perfect, but Mcglynn has not been as prudent with the budget as he should have been. Whether that will cost us come the end of the season is yet to be seen. 

We definitely need a RB, although young Finn has been fine so far, however, if we had done we would still have needed to sign someone for the Miller role, someone who presumably would be cheaper and not as good.

Don't see your point re Allan really. You're saying that he shouldn't have signed Allan, who he wanted to sign but should have waited to sign another striker that he wanted to sign?? 

Also 'some' of Nesbitt's wages would have been unlikely to sign anyone that we could see as a starter. He's a squad player and we need a squad.

I believe contract extensions are normally triggered on number of games played. Oliver is a decent squad player at this level IMO and most of us were happy to offer McGinn any kind of extension that he wanted when he signed.

As things stand the lack of a natural RB hasn't cost us anything in terms of goals lost I don't think with the blunders coming from Lang and Long so, as you say, time will tell if it costs us or not and, hopefully we can still get a RB on loan.

Not many of the posters who criticise McGlynn have countenanced the possibility that had we waited for said RB, of the desired quality, we might have missed out on any of the players we did sign.

We can rhyme off names and reasons why we don't have a recognised RB but taken at face value McGlynn said he chose quality over quantity. 

If said quality RB only becomes available this coming Saturday morning should we have overlooked everyone else and an entire pre-season to ensure we had the budget for them!

Just a thought.

Edited by Blame Me

7 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Not many of the posters who criticise McGlynn have countenanced the possibility that had we waited for said RB, of the desired quality, we might have missed out on any of the players we did sign.

We can rhyme of names and reasons why we don't have a recognised RB but taken at face value McGlynn said he chose quality over quantity. 

If said quality RB only becomes available this coming Saturday morning should we have overlooked everyone else and an entire pre-season to ensure we had the budget for them!

Just a thought.

Well said, and all I needed to say really, rather than rambling on and on and on!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Thank fuk you know so much about player's wages, makes things so much easier.

So you think Nesbitt has agreed a contract extension on squad player wages of say £500 a week when he was offered more than we was on at Morton to come to us in the first place and there was alleged championship interest?