The Falkirk FC Thread

22 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Oh, what made you think that the comment regarding negative posts had anything to do with you I wonder?

And, of course, I didn't say anything remotely close to the utter nonsense that you've just posted either.

Bad decisions should obviously be questioned and the situation re the sale of shares should certainly be investigated. Any BOD should be held to account as they are representing the club and the fans. IMO the current board have done pretty well for the most part, the previous board also had their moments and I'm sure the hearts of most of them were in the right place, but they're gone so there's not a lot of point on dwelling on them too much IMO.

You’re spot on, I think there’s a difference between calling out or constructively criticising negatives to actively hunting them out to the point you’re almost celebrating them when they occur! Meanwhile conveniently ignoring or never celebrating the positives. There’s not many of that type on here in fairness but it does stick out a mile away. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You’re spot on, I think there’s a difference between calling out or constructively criticising negatives to actively hunting them out to the point you’re almost celebrating them. Meanwhile conveniently ignoring or never celebrating the positives. There’s not many of that type on here in fairness but it does stick out a mile away. 

The guy (or girl) has got an agenda of some sort IMO. He or she may be an ex board member (not necessarily the last one) or may even be a very good troll who's not a Falkirk fan at all, but your description above does, sadly, decribe him/her to a tee.

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I honestly don’t know why the concern just wasn’t asked to the relevant people on both sides, reading this is as bad as the statement or question fiasco.

And I don’t mean the subject isn’t serious, but this surely could have been done outwith a public message board.

I don't see why posting here to discuss with other fans who all care about the club is a bad thing? And why does that mean these concerns have not also been raised privately? If things were not made public and people didn't realise their concerns were shared we end up in situations where things go under the radar and are never called out. Imagine if the Gary Dean's fiasco was never called out publicly? We would never have had the change over in board that we had which has been ultimately for the better. Things being out in the open are in my opinion always better because everyone is then held to account. 

38 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You’re spot on, I think there’s a difference between calling out or constructively criticising negatives to actively hunting them out to the point you’re almost celebrating them when they occur! Meanwhile conveniently ignoring or never celebrating the positives. There’s not many of that type on here in fairness but it does stick out a mile away. 

Then there is you who with all due respect would find a way to praise the current board for selling the club to Dunfermline 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I don't see why posting here to discuss with other fans who all care about the club is a bad thing? And why does that mean these concerns have not also been raised privately? If things were not made public and people didn't realise their concerns were shared we end up in situations where things go under the radar and are never called out. Imagine if the Gary Dean's fiasco was never called out publicly? We would never have had the change over in board that we had which has been ultimately for the better. Things being out in the open are in my opinion always better because everyone is then held to account. 

Agreed but there is a way to go about things. There’s a difference between raising awareness and being intentionally inflammatory which only worsens or misrepresents a situation, social media is a good tool for both! 

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Then there is you who with all due respect would find a way to praise the current board for selling the club to Dunfermline 

Seriously?! My point was about being constructive and this is the best you can come up with? 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

12 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Agreed but there is a way to go about things. There’s a difference between raising awareness and being intentionally inflammatory which only worsens or misrepresents a situation, social media is a good tool for both! 

I agree there may be a very few people that are intentionally inflammatory but you are also undermining other people's concerns in this reply and that is unfair. There are far more people who are concerned with no real history of trying to undermine this board so being vague about who you mean effectively calls into doubt anyone who has posted that doesn't agree. I have been supportive of the board of almost everything up until this moment. Now, I am absolutely rightly concerned by these actions and am in no way attempting to be inflammatory. At best these actions by the board are deeply misguided and I don't think that's inflammatory but I think even just going by the response that is just factual: anything that upsets one of the biggest shareholders is not smart. As I say, at best this is a misguided mistake, at worst it's actively blocked fan ownership which I believe is incredibly serious. And any sign of that I will absolutely call out wherever I can because that is in the interests of all of the fans surely? There are a number of ways this can be solved and I absolutely hope it is done ASAP and as mentioned will not be cancelling any memberships until there is more clarity on what happens next. But that doesn't mean I (and others) can't be very concerned about what has already been done and then voice those concerns with other fans, public forum or not. 

39 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

I agree there may be a very few people that are intentionally inflammatory but you are also undermining other people's concerns in this reply and that is unfair. There are far more people who are concerned with no real history of trying to undermine this board so being vague about who you mean effectively calls into doubt anyone who has posted that doesn't agree. I have been supportive of the board of almost everything up until this moment. Now, I am absolutely rightly concerned by these actions and am in no way attempting to be inflammatory. At best these actions by the board are deeply misguided and I don't think that's inflammatory but I think even just going by the response that is just factual: anything that upsets one of the biggest shareholders is not smart. As I say, at best this is a misguided mistake, at worst it's actively blocked fan ownership which I believe is incredibly serious. And any sign of that I will absolutely call out wherever I can because that is in the interests of all of the fans surely? There are a number of ways this can be solved and I absolutely hope it is done ASAP and as mentioned will not be cancelling any memberships until there is more clarity on what happens next. But that doesn't mean I (and others) can't be very concerned about what has already been done and then voice those concerns with other fans, public forum or not. 

Not intentionally trying to undermine anybody, it was more a general opinion on how I view these online football forums/websites or even just social media in general as they can often be destructive or at least counter productive. Some of the reaction and comment on here is probably a good example of what I was talking about at either end of the scale whether it be somebody being intentionally or even inadvertently inflammatory which only exacerbates / misrepresents a situation and will only ever achieve a negative outcome or somebody genuinely raising concerns and asking questions in a constructive manner which is indeed a positive. Look back over this recent topic and we have definitely seen both! If you’ve taken my post as undermining then my apologies. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Known as 'hard luck Joe'.

I worked with him for three years. He joined in on a good few Sunday kick abouts up on the Beechfield pitch (where LHS is now). Helluva player. The Bankies got the best of him.

7 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

If someone comes along with a proposal to invest in the club surely new shares would need to be issued, if not whose shares would they buy. Rawlins, The Patrons.

That wouldn’t be an investment as buying existing shares doesn’t put any money into the club.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That wouldn’t be an investment as buying existing shares doesn’t put any money into the club.

I’m well aware of that ,that’s why I said it would need to be new shares.
So why no new shares for FSS .
Why not let FSS get to the 26% they were promised 
Could some larger shareholders be trying to protect their own interests