The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

It is personal though as it’s presenting a reason to discredit anything I say as being part of some sort of revenge, which is far from the case. For your info, I didn’t really quit the FSS, I just didn’t stand for re-election. I had been asked to reconsider and am still helping them create new posters. I like a lot of the guys in the FSS and board so don’t want to draw any personal insults but just didn’t agree with this decision. I contacted each party privately but as the decision stood, I felt it was only left to try and talk about it publicly. The meeting is a place to do that but unfortunately I can’t attend. Besides most people don’t like to talk out in public so gives anyone a chance to understand a bit more about it and put across their views online. 

Ofcourse you are not to know any of that but you also had absolutely no reason to accuse me of having a personal vandetta. You had no knowledge to say who, what or why I may have a vandetta but decided to cast scorn anyway.

You may not consider that a personal insult but for you to suggest I am the type of person to only say something due to some sort of revenge then I do take a lot of insult to that. Won’t mean anything to you throwing out such accusations but mud does stick and to see people I know like your posts as in some sort of agreement is pretty disheartening. 

Disagree if you want but keep the personal stuff out of it.

Do I have beef with the FSS, no. Do I disagree with their recent decision, yes. They’re not the same thing so please stop throwing out these accusations and trying to make it out like I’m on some kind of revenge. 

I'd agree revenge is a strong word and I don't think that fits what I'm trying to say, so maybe vandetta was the wrong word choice. Fued, quarrel, disagreement, issue discrepancy?? .. Call it what you want to call it but I'm just calling out what i constantly see from you and again I'm not intending to personally insult you, I just think you've made your point over and over again, let's move on and let those that can actually alleviate your concerns answer them tonight.. At the meeting called to answer fan questions. 

Agree to disagree and let's move on? 

Just now, joozy said:

Interesting.  Why did that happen?

I can’t remember who it was, maybe Stuart Dickson accused Div or someone else of having a vandetta against them but spelled it with an a. To take the piss it was changed to have that as the spelling ad finitum. 

3 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I'd agree revenge is a strong word and I don't think that fits what I'm trying to say, so maybe vandetta was the wrong word choice. Fued, quarrel, disagreement, issue discrepancy?? .. Call it what you want to call it but I'm just calling out what i constantly see from you and again I'm not intending to personally insult you, I just think you've made your point over and over again, let's move on and let those that can actually alleviate your concerns answer them tonight.. At the meeting called to answer fan questions. 

Agree to disagree and let's move on? 

Yes it’s a disagreement. Doesn’t need spelling out though as made it obvious I disagreed with the decision. Accusing someone of having a vandetta or agenda is entirely different. Words do matter(even misspelled ones). 

7 minutes ago, joozy said:

The main thing I'm trying to work out right now is whether 'vandetta' was just terrible spelling (which has continued) or a clever insult aimed at VD.

I was starting to question myself if I got it wrong but didn’t bother to check. Maybe I’ve got it all wrong and a Vandetta isn’t quite as bad an insult. 

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

I can’t remember who it was, maybe Stuart Dickson accused Div or someone else of having a vandetta against them but spelled it with an a. To take the piss it was changed to have that as the spelling ad finitum. 

Pity, cause it really would have been a good insult - but probably was expecting a bit much for it to have been meant.

Three things that I hope happen tonight are this. 1, the FSS confirm they are indeed happy with how the club have handled this and give us confirmation the 25% will be reached via the share donation the patrons are planning on making. 2, the club confirm if the remaining shares have been sold raising approximately an extra 20k that we wouldn’t have had otherwise (we will probably now see a couple of new players with that cash!) 3, Although most fans actually don’t seem to be overly concerned about this storm in a tea cup the ones who were will now realise this is a good outcome for both the FSS and the club and change the fucking subject! Let’s see what transpires tonight…..

Edited by LatapyBairn.

9 minutes ago, joozy said:

The main thing I'm trying to work out right now is whether 'vandetta' was just terrible spelling (which has continued) or a clever insult aimed at VD.

Hahaha that would really put a twist on things and confirm there has been an underlying insult this whole time. Sadly I'm not clever enough for that... 

Guest FFC1965

Looking forward to tomorrows game - it'll be my 1st league game this season.

I'll be heading from West Edinburgh on the 26 bus to the Bellfield brewery for a few pre match refreshments with a fellow Auld Reekie based Bairns fan. 

7 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Looking forward to tomorrows game - it'll be my 1st league game this season.

I'll be heading from West Edinburgh on the 26 bus to the Bellfield brewery for a few pre match refreshments with a fellow Auld Reekie based Bairns fan. 

A fine choice, especially with the predicted weather 

Transfer deadline day and probably the first one in a long time where there isn't even a remote chance of us doing anything.  Normally you'd be hoping for at least one new face, I seem to recall Houston signing Joe McKee I think very late in the day. Can't see any outgoings unless it's a loan for one of the youngsters. 

1 minute ago, ebobsboy said:

Transfer deadline day and probably the first one in a long time where there isn't even a remote chance of us doing anything.  Normally you'd be hoping for at least one new face, I seem to recall Houston signing Joe McKee I think very late in the day. Can't see any outgoings unless it's a loan for one of the youngsters. 

Not transfer news as such for us but I see there is a strong rumour Andy Irving - former loanee and lightweight - is about to sign for West Ham Utd!

Footballs unpredictability is unsurpassed 🤯

31 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Remember we have until end of September to bring loan players in and I still think that will happen, I also think there is a slight chance Brad McKay could leave on loan as well. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, joozy said:

Pity, cause it really would have been a good insult - but probably was expecting a bit much for it to have been meant.

I was certain I was spelling it correctly too but kept coming up with an a. That explains it then ya smart prack!