The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The fans DO own the club. Apart from the Rawlins, I wouldn't think there's a single shareholder who's not a fan. 

The fact that wealthier ones have their own shares doesn't matter IMO. (thinking about the former MSG members here) They're not using those shares to block anything that FSS wants to do. They're not involved in making decisions and have no input at board level. I think everyone on the board is an FSS member. 

The fans own the club and work together to run it.

That's the important thing in my eyes, not a 25% figure which doesn't have any impact on the board or decision-making structure.  

What must be kept in mind is that any future shares issued if bought by non-fans dilutes that 25% figure.

45 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The fans DO own the club. Apart from the Rawlins, I wouldn't think there's a single shareholder who's not a fan. 

The fact that wealthier ones have their own shares doesn't matter IMO. (thinking about the former MSG members here) They're not using those shares to block anything that FSS wants to do. They're not involved in making decisions and have no input at board level. I think everyone on the board is an FSS member. 

The fans own the club and work together to run it.

That's the important thing in my eyes, not a 25% figure which doesn't have any impact on the board or decision-making structure.  

Yeah but we can't have a model where all the onus is on FSS to provide the additional investment needed.  Many of the patrons may feel (rightly) they've contributed enough and the MSG seem prepared to provide loans at best.  We either need to find new external investment or the MSG/Patrons need to match the FSS with additional funding to close the yearly gap.  At the same time FSS needs to get to it's ceiling (probably about 1200 as others have said).  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

18 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

the MSG/Patrons need to match the FSS with additional funding to close the yearly gap.  

Sorry, but that's complete and utter nonsense. 

I'm not a patron, but if I were and I'd scraped together a spare 10K I'd be seriously pissed off if someone posted on a message board that my group of 20 people had to match what was being raised by 750. Or 1200. Or 2000. 

Please get this "others need to do more" idea in the bin. 

FSS are the only group which was set up to provide CONTINUAL, ONGOING funding. Because it's the only group that's open to thousands of us and allows a level of donation which most will be able to afford.  

In my eyes it's up to all of us, as fans and members, to do what we can to help the FSS grow. 

We either find a way to make it work or give up and look for external investment. 

13 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sorry, but that's complete and utter nonsense. 

I'm not a patron, but if I were and I'd scraped together a spare 10K I'd be seriously pissed off if someone posted on a message board that my group of 20 people had to match what was being raised by 750. Or 1200. Or 2000. 

Please get this "others need to do more" idea in the bin. 

Quite clearly the vast, vast majority of fans cannot afford to donate anything like £10k to a football club. The fact that some generous people have done so does not mean other people should feel compelled to donate money they cannot afford.

31 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Quite clearly the vast, vast majority of fans cannot afford to donate anything like £10k to a football club. The fact that some generous people have done so does not mean other people should feel compelled to donate money they cannot afford.

Think if you look at all of us on here that are pro FSS “ can afford too” is mentioned in most posts when trying to encourage new members.

41 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Where did Bainsfordbairn say anything close to that?

4 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Many fans will quite reasonably feel like they contribute enough with STs (which went up 10%+ this year), strips etc. In the current climate, many just cannot justify even more football related expense.

Of course not, and I'm sure the FSS wouldn't want people who clearly can't afford it to pay anything.

There are plenty of people out there though that can afford it but choose not to. That will be down to a variety of reasons, apathy possibly the main one? I would like to think that anyone who can afford to do so and care enough about the club (or indeed having a club that they would want to continue supporting on a Saturday, because that option may not be there for much longer) should feel compelled to contribute. There are plenty of people on here for example who like to post about the fortunes of the club, presumably because they care enough, whom I'd like to think are all contributing (if affordable of course).

I'm no hero by any means, but I trebeled my contribution yesterday when I read the AGM statement. Perhaps a few more who know they can afford it may do likewise?

''Quite clearly the vast, vast majority of fans cannot afford to donate anything like £10k to a football club. The fact that some generous people have done so does not mean other people should feel compelled to donate money they cannot afford.''

Edit to say, sorry the above is your post that I meant to quote when replying.

Edited by ShaggerG

3 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

How are the approach roads around the stadium? I have to plan ahead as my travel is 90 mins both ways - do I need to add any additional travel time today?

Don't know about roads around the stadium but my wife told me earlier that the roundabout at the top of Bellsdyke Road in Larbert was flooded and she reckoned it might get closed so I'd definitely be allowing additional time as it's likely that plenty of roads in the area will be affected.

18 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

How are the approach roads around the stadium? I have to plan ahead as my travel is 90 mins both ways - do I need to add any additional travel time today?

I would definitely allow more time. I've just driven from Stirling to Falkirk and encountered an overturned car, closed roads, roadworks, very very deep flooded roads still open and some terrible driving (way too fast). The road nearest the north stand heading to the motorway was flooded (but open). Field across from main stand like a lake

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I would definitely allow more time. I've just driven from Stirling to Falkirk and encountered an overturned car, closed roads, roadworks, very very deep flooded roads still open and some terrible driving (way too fast). The road nearest the north stand heading to the motorway was flooded (but open). Field across from main stand like a lake

Ok thanks _ ill add an extra 30 mins

I'm normally M80/M876/M9 and I'm torn between going that way (mainly due to being worried about drivers going to fast in the conditions) or avoiding the motorway altogether - any advice? I have a tiny car right now 

3 hours ago, ChoppeReid said:

I am one of the fans not investing. 

Was initially really up for fan ownership but the set up we have is not really for me. 

If it was similar to Hearts, Motherwell or StMirren where fans actually owned the club I would sign up tomorrow but max 25% shareholding doesn’t really appeal. 

Sounds like the FSS is donating around £80k right now. If the other 75% of shareholders chipped in would almost clear deficit. 

Think you will find that between the FSS and the Patrons, these 2 fans groups actually own around or greater than 50%.

What is disappointing is that the FSS still don’t OWN the 25% +1.

5 minutes ago, Baggio said:

I'm normally M80/M876/M9 and I'm torn between going that way (mainly due to being worried about drivers going to fast in the conditions) or avoiding the motorway altogether - any advice? I have a tiny car right now 

Get your concern, I'd normally go M9 and took back roads today due to issues on motorway through causeway head Bannockburn and plean, lots of roads barely passable

43 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Drove to Alloa and back today. Treacherous, tbh. Loads of flooding.