The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest FFC1965

I'll be away for the cup weekend so wanted a home draw v. a non league or L2 team.   Formartine is just about perfect.

With Montrose away in the league 3 days later it will be interesting to see how McGlynn plays it. 

Presumably the Fife or Glasgow derbies will be the TV pick. 

Im assuming Scott Brown (edit - who made the draw) will be in the running for the St Johnstone job along with Lenny & Jim McIntyre.  

Edited by FFC1965

29 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I heard from a St Johnstone fan who volunteers at the club they were looking at McGlynn, amongst others. Don’t know if he was just at the wind up or not.

It's not going to be McGlynn. Rightly or wrongly, League One to Premier would be viewed as too big a jump. Although, when you look at some of the frightening names on the usual merry-go-round type list they could probably do worse - Yogi will already have fired his application in.

Martindale/Neilson/Dodds the frontrunners apparently.

5 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

I miss Lewis - I thought he was very good. Awful interviewer but a good commentator.

I like Lewis. Lewis and the new guy would be a good duo. The new platform isnt up to much for me. No replays after goals, breaks alot, and uses Fifepay for subs. 

9 hours ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I like Lewis. Lewis and the new guy would be a good duo. The new platform isnt up to much for me. No replays after goals, breaks alot, and uses Fifepay for subs. 

Thought the camera work was pretty bad. No zooming to the far side of the pitch means it is hard to follow what is going on. Still, better than nothing and the commentators are pretty good.

7 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

Thought the camera work was pretty bad. No zooming to the far side of the pitch means it is hard to follow what is going on. Still, better than nothing and the commentators are pretty good.

Totally agree. Camera work leaves a lot to be desired, and the lack of replays isn't great. Commentary is excellent.

Do we have manual camerafolk or is it that automated tracking software?

I quite like the coverage, although as others have said the camerawork can be a bit lacking. The commentary is very good. Admittedly I'm basing this on watching the ten minute highlights on YouTube as I'm at the games.

9 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One request I would have following the game on Saturday. 

Can they not do something about the hot drinks? My bovril was fine but the wife had coffee that was just like sugary water. Rancid. 

Someone will always find something to moan about on here 😉

15 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

One request I would have following the game on Saturday. 

Can they not do something about the hot drinks? My bovril was fine but the wife had coffee that was just like sugary water. Rancid. 

Probably not if you post it on here tbh

On the food and drink - quick question. Has anybody ever had the doner kebab pie? And is it any good?

I'm trying to convince Scott to come to a game with me and this pie might swing it. He has no interest in football at all but is a big fan of doner kebabs.