The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Watching the Wimbledon v Ramsgate English Cup Game

What a cracking wee stadium New Plough Lane is.

Rows of 20-25 seats wrap round stand with boxes above the main stand with a capacity of 9,000 odd

That was the type of stadium that should have been built at Falkirk instead of Goldies ego trip

TFS is an elaborate design, but at its heart its a victim of the same daft stadium rules that bankrupted Airdrie and left the likes of Hamilton and Broadwood with never to be finished white elephants.

If I were building NDP now i'd build it with a main stand with the corporate shite in it, and covered terracing around the rest of the ground - a mini version of Union Berlin's ground. A capacity of around 4,000 would be perfect.

Build in the foundations to expand by an extra tier in the unlikely event we outgrew it, and the job's a good'un. We'd have one of the best grounds for away supports in the lower leagues and it would be perfect for creating an atmosphere.

The 10,000 (later 6,000) and ban on terracing was an absolute joke.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Final stand a simple 15 - 20 row stand and the simpler cheaper the better.

Hardcore, concrete facing, seats and a roofing job done.

It'll look ridiculous due to the height imbalance. As would a few rows of terracing as has been suggested a few times in the past as well.

7 minutes ago, Gaz said:

It'll look ridiculous due to the height imbalance. As would a few rows of terracing as has been suggested a few times in the past as well.

Worse than this?

Not that I'm arguing in favour of it, I'm just pointing out that there is precedent.

image.thumb.png.652fb78e6bd63186345c8bd982198619.png

Edited by Bairn in Exile

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Preferably same height (stands) all standing terrace would be the final piece of completion. Clear half / three quarter dividing line to accommodate the huge ultras (and away fans)

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Rows of 20-25 seats wrap round stand with boxes above the main stand with a capacity of 9,000 odd

That was the type of stadium that should have been built at Falkirk instead of Goldies ego trip

This has to be your daftest post yet.

The Goldies would have been delighted to see Falkirk having to permanently ground share with Stenhousemuir or even go out the game.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Worse than this?

Not that I'm arguing in favour of it, I'm just pointing out that there is precedent.

image.thumb.png.652fb78e6bd63186345c8bd982198619.png

Not really a fair comparison as the larger stands at SJP were built after the smaller one.

FWIW, I'm not *against* the idea of *some* kind of fourth stand. I just think it's a luxury we can't afford, and won't be able to afford any time soon.

10 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Surely they have checked this out though? 

Problem is that HMRC won’t give a definitive answer on specifics. They can advise on best practice only so you might still be at risk even with advice. 

Spoke to Foundation at Hearts about it and they are very conscious about making themselves open to VAT liability. Their benefits are money can’t buy type ventures. 

That’s the reason why Forever Falkirk has only the ST benefit. If they had the pay monthly costs less than what it costs for a year then that could draw the attention of the taxman. It’s fine margins.

1876 club also has VAT attributed despite only having a draw similar to FSS. 

The fine lines likely exist in how it’s advertised to members etc but does need to be treaded on carefully as might be able to take retrospective action too if deemed liable. 

Edited by Dave McInally

10 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

Until there is a fairer distribution of wealth to the lower leagues then this extra income from synthetic pitches will be required. What the top league seem o forget is the community engagement these surfaces give clubs. Grounds around the country are filled with kids and other teams playing and training all week and getting a feel for the club they are at. Most of these Premiership grounds are empty from one week to the next. 

Couldn’t agree more. SPFL mediawatch put a good tweet out about it. 

https://x.com/spflwatch/status/1731754859357982804?s=46

5 hours ago, Gaz said:

FWIW, I'm not *against* the idea of *some* kind of fourth stand. I just think it's a luxury we can't afford, and won't be able to afford any time soon.

Likewise. I am actually in the few that like our stadium. The atmosphere thing was always a misnomer for me as the stadium has little to do with that. It’s a similar criticism labelled at Hampden. Seen in past games the great atmosphere we can have when we are doing well and the Ultras have brought back what the choir section that has been missing since we left Brockville. 

I love walking up to the stadium or driving by the Main stand. 

1 hour ago, Dave McInally said:

Likewise. I am actually in the few that like our stadium. The atmosphere thing was always a misnomer for me as the stadium has little to do with that. It’s a similar criticism labelled at Hampden. Seen in past games the great atmosphere we can have when we are doing well and the Ultras have brought back what the choir section that has been missing since we left Brockville. 

I love walking up to the stadium or driving by the Main stand. 

By far my biggest gripe with the Stadium is the location, rather than the stadium itself. I just wish it was still in the town.

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

By far my biggest gripe with the Stadium is the location, rather than the stadium itself. I just wish it was still in the town.

We all would have preferred the stadium in town, but with lack of available sites/planning would never get approved. Tbh I was through in town midweek visiting friends and the road structure is an absolute joke. Twenty plus minutes to get from motorway exit at Roughmute through town centre. 

10 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

This has to be your daftest post yet.

The Goldies would have been delighted to see Falkirk having to permanently ground share with Stenhousemuir or even go out the game.

What is daft about about a Stadium with stands having  Rows of 20-25 seats wrap round with boxes above the main stand with a capacity of 9,000 odd

14 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Agreed, I watched the first half and thought New Plough Lane looked excellent as well - just shows what can be done with a bit of thought and fan organisation!  

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

What is daft about about a Stadium with stands having  Rows of 20-25 seats wrap round with boxes above the main stand with a capacity of 9,000 odd

What is daft is the ridiculous Goldie ego trip gibberish you ended your post with.