The Falkirk FC Thread

Every team will see this run as a scalp. Hartley will want to win tomorrow night regardless as he’ll want to walk away thinking he’s Billy big baws. His reaction on the touch line to them simply scoring against us in August was laughable so we need to ensure he doesn’t even get that tomorrow night. 

Tickets bought. Looking forward to the game, but not the 0C temperature forecast. Thermals being looked out as we speak...

Hopefully we win, put another 3 points between us and the Accies, keep the unbeaten run going, beat the only team we haven't beaten yet this season in the league, ruin Hartley's night and any very remote chance they have of putting in a challenge.

Thought Spencer came across very well and certainly didn't give any ammunition to Cove.

Saying we should be in the Premiership with our size of fanbase, infrastructure and facilities isn't remotely controversial imo 

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

Realistically, if we maintain focus and turn up, there's no reason it needs to end anytime soon. If and when the run ends, it'll be down to us getting complacent. I'd argue that we're maybe 2-3 more wins away from being out of sight of Hamilton. Nothing's won at that point, but everyone will know deep down that it's more or less done. Hopefully the players keep getting the results until it's mathematical. If we lose a game after the league is won, I honestly wouldn't care all that much.

Not sure why I'm being downvoted for this lol. 

1 minute ago, Kircer bairn said:

I know we should be grateful to see a reference to us on BBC but the fact they got us playing away tomorrow evening is a bit of a damning indictment of the lack of detail when it comes to us “wee teams”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67910593

Ah credit where it’s due as they have now corrected their initial error👍

17 hours ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

I think you are 100% wrong. I hope McGlynn clarifies it at some point. (He already did in his interview)

Why any manager would sign up to this sort of agreement would be baffling especially a goalkeeper with no first team experience before he signed. Think about it logically? Can’t see someone as experienced as McGlynn doing it that’s for sure. 

I may well be wrong, but I can't think of any other reason why he would be switching out his goalies. His reasoning was pretty wishy-washy. It's not as if we have an endless budget, maybe this was part of the deal to allow less of a loan fee/wages being covered?

Again, I could be wrong but it's not as uncommon as you think.

14 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I may well be wrong, but I can't think of any other reason why he would be switching out his goalies. His reasoning was pretty wishy-washy. It's not as if we have an endless budget, maybe this was part of the deal to allow less of a loan fee/wages being covered?

Again, I could be wrong but it's not as uncommon as you think.

I think you've also got to factor in how it looks from other clubs' perspectives. Clubs won't want to send players out on loan to Falkirk if they're not going to play. I'm not keen on loaning in goalkeepers tbh as this is the kind of situation that can develop. Not like Long is gonna get any sub appearances.

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Thought Spencer came across very well and certainly didn't give any ammunition to Cove.

Saying we should be in the Premiership with our size of fanbase, infrastructure and facilities isn't remotely controversial imo 

It wouldn’t be controversial to say you’ll need better players than Brad Spencer if you want to get there though…

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

It wouldn’t be controversial to say you’ll need better players than Brad Spencer if you want to get there though…

Brad Spencer isn't incapable of being in the midfield for a run at the top of the Championship IMO. Dont think he'd do for the top league, but we're a millions miles away from that and I won't consider anything except getting the job done in League 1 ATM. 

Thankfully I think the focus from all at the club is exactly where it should be. No let up until this job is done. 

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Of course our current squad would need improvement, even though we've hardly had to break sweat to dispose of the Championship sides we've faced in the cup competitions so far.

The promoted full time sides from this league over the last few years (Dunfermline, Airdrie, Queens Park, Partick, Raith, Livingston, Ayr, Sevco etc) have all done absolutely fine after getting into to the Championship, generally flirting with the promotion play-offs. A few new additions and I don't see why we couldn't replicate that. Livingston even managed a double promotion I think and they've only got 4 fans. 

Hope you manage to pip Dundee United to the title. And cheers for Spencer and Lang, both have absolutely pished it at this level. Which makes a refreshing change from many of the players we signed in previous seasons who were supposed to be able to do that, but often turned out to be absolutely shite instead.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Brad Spencer isn't incapable of being in the midfield for a run at the top of the Championship IMO. Dont think he'd do for the top league, but we're a millions miles away from that and I won't consider anything except getting the job done in League 1 ATM. 

Thankfully I think the focus from all at the club is exactly where it should be. No let up until this job is done. 

Yeah to be honest when you do go up it’s highly unlikely you’ll finish below top 4, and no doubt your team is built around Spencer, so he’ll be a part of that, few teams that go up as champions these days fail in getting top 4. The Pars are only struggling because of a frankly ridiculous injury record. I think the challenge for McGlynn and Falkirk will be once the momentum of that first season back up evaporates, better players get snapped up etc.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

A midfield of Spencer Sibbald and Arfield sounds like it might do the job tbh 👀 

7 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Plastered on the Cove changing room walls for sure. Hope it doesn't come back to bite us.

Can you plaster something on a wall that’s been said on the radio? 

3 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Not sure why I'm being downvoted for this lol. 

"but everyone will know deep down that it's more or less done" is an absolutely mental thing to say when we're 8 points clear and still to play Hamilton twice. We're definitely favourites to win the league at this point acting like it's put of sight at the start of January is ridiculous.

4 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

"but everyone will know deep down that it's more or less done" is an absolutely mental thing to say when we're 8 points clear and still to play Hamilton twice. We're definitely favourites to win the league at this point acting like it's put of sight at the start of January is ridiculous.

I think if you reread he says after a few more wins and assumes that Hamilton will drop further points at the same time to be fair….

7 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Bookies have you at 1/6, I’d say it’s “more or less” done.

Edited by Enigma

2 minutes ago, AndrewFFC said:

Those next few games I alluded to includes Hamilton's visit to TFS. If we don't drop any points between now and that fixture (and I wouldn't bet against Hamilton dropping points in the meantime) then we could easily be looking at an 11+ points gap. Yes, you are correct in that you can't win a league this early, but you can certainly lose one this early. There's been false dawns before, but this season feels different, and I'm supremely confident in these players and the management team.