The Falkirk FC Thread

Out tomorrow…

🆕🎙️EP:68 IF WINNING IS A HABIT…

🔵 Review the Scottish Cup exit to Bonnyrigg Rose with Bairns fan Gary McLachlan🏆
⚪️ Falkirk Pub Trail before Semi Final v TNS 🍻
🔵 @FalkirkWomen_ & the new “Young Team” ultras 🥁
⚪️ Camelon/Kemlin ⚓️ &
🔵 Preview Alloa (A)….a must win? 🐝

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_7288.thumb.jpeg.038ae3b67f614d238b6a822149cbd1f5.jpeg

3 hours ago, BPM Again said:

The wind was blowing into Bonnyrigg’s faces first half. I think he thought it was coming further into the box and it is held up into the wind a bit. He should have been on his line letting two very capable CH’s to deal with it.  

100%. Why he didn’t let Lang, Coll & Hendo deal is anyone’s guess. 

I've been at several games this season with my brother who is more a casual supporter than I am and only goes 3 or 4 times a season with me.  He thinks that Long is our weak link.  He was impressed by just about everyone else (apart from Agyeman).  He spotted Long is very poor at corners, is easly intimidated by opposing players when the corner comes in and doesn't impose himself.   Having been more often than him I think I didn't see Lang's shortcomings clearly as you build up a loyalty to players and biases are built.  I think my brother has a point.

2 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I've been at several games this season with my brother who is more a casual supporter than I am and only goes 3 or 4 times a season with me.  He thinks that Long is our weak link.  He was impressed by just about everyone else (apart from Agyeman).  He spotted Long is very poor at corners, is easly intimidated by opposing players when the corner comes in and doesn't impose himself.   Having been more often than him I think I didn't see Lang's shortcomings clearly as you build up a loyalty to players and biases are built.  I think my brother has a point.

He's not wrong. Hogarth has his weaknesses but at least he commands his area reasonably well. He's not the finished article, nowhere near, and regardless of where we're playing next season, we need a more experienced keeper, even just as backup. 

I was in the ground early yesterday and watched the three keepers go through their warm up with the coach.

You could actually make an argument that the young lad who wasn’t in the squad looked the best of the three.

One part of the routine was a keeper or goalkeeping coach hitting either easy to take cross balls or crosses that were miss hit left right and centre. Is it too much get a sub forward to participate in this part of the routine hitting in balls that be typical of what might happen in a match. 

Long’s Pre Match kicks into the wind were poor too, so he should have had an idea the ball from the free kick would hang in the wind. 

35 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

He's not wrong. Hogarth has his weaknesses but at least he commands his area reasonably well. He's not the finished article, nowhere near, and regardless of where we're playing next season, we need a more experienced keeper, even just as backup. 

He didn't command it at all away to Hamilton, both are going to make errors given how young they are but the jersey should now be Hogarth's to lose.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

He didn't command it at all away to Hamilton, both are going to make errors given how young they are but the jersey should now be Hogarth's to lose.

True. He was a bag of nerves the whole game. Credit to Lang and Donaldson as they really did everything they could to protect him on that day. Was arguably Coll's best performance in a Falkirk shirt.

Looking at Saturday and how we played previously at Stirling, it seems a lot of our players aren’t used to grass pitches. Maybe the week before we go to Forthbank the next time the management team should hire a council pitch to train on.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

10 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

That does work both ways though. Had some brilliant results this season and the team has been performing excellently but shouldn’t get too carried away with the fact that we’re finally beating part time teams on a regular basis. Been very fortunate with injuries and suspensions too compared to some of our rivals so as much as it’s important to keep perspective on the back of a couple of poor performances we also shouldn’t be ringing the praises too early when we still have almost half a season to play. 

Considering our record in recent years I can’t see anyone getting too carried away however if you can’t enjoy a 26 game unbeaten run there seems little point watching football 

On 20/01/2024 at 20:59, Todd_is_God said:

Ultimately, though, with it now being midweek we're more likely to win it than we were today.

Very little, if any, benefit to Falkirk from this game being postponed.

👍

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Maybe a wee signing or two this week?

Wouldn't mind a 2024 Stuart Taylor reboot to come in and absolutely cigar us to the title

A 2024 Dani Mallo reboot maybe?

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Looking at Saturday and how we played previously at Stirling, it seems a lot of our players aren’t used to grass pitches. Maybe the week before we go to Forthbank the next time the management team should hire a council pitch to train on.

That's all well and good but I don't think anyone could have foreseen how bad Bonnyriggs was and where would we have gotten a playable grass pitch with the weather as it had been, in advance.

I don't think playing on grass is necessarily an issue and I would expect Forthbank to be night-and-day, even at this stage, in comparison to Bonnyrigg's.

Just now, Blame Me said:

That's all well and good but I don't think anyone could have foreseen how bad Bonnyriggs was and where would we have gotten a playable grass pitch with the weather as it had been, in advance.

I don't think playing on grass is necessarily an issue and I would expect Forthbank to be night-and-day, even at this stage, in comparison to Bonnyrigg's.

Aye but Stirlings fans would be out with the fucking dynamite if they thought it would give them a sniff of a point

22 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

If only the Bleachfield football pitch was still there it would have been problem solved regarding rough grass playing surfaces

The Alloa game will show the mettle of Falkirk's management and players after the inevitable dip in a historical run of games.

Alloa will be drumming into their players ' This lot are there for the taking' and you can be sure will be up for it and rightly so.

Falkirk have to not only get the result but put in a display that sends the signal 'Business as usual.

Season could well hinge on this result with the Cove and Hamilton games coming soon.