The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Despite defeat, Gary Naysmith having to have his legs surgically removed from his arse, after being ridden silly by Crunchie in 1998, is also a stand-out for me!

Best individual performance iv ever seen. Cried like a fucking baby for the wee man when it was stolen away at the end. 

Not as much as Naysmith cried though. 

3 hours ago, BPM Again said:

Involved is not just putting a little bit of cash in. The club needs that major share holding part of the stool to be much more active IMO. 

Maybe they could appoint representatives on the board to act in their interest and help out?

34 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Despite defeat, Gary Naysmith having to have his legs surgically removed from his arse, after being ridden silly by Crunchie in 1998, is also a stand-out for me!

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Corrected - THE BEST

For me the atmosphere and support at the old lady that day was just at a different level. Still remember a guy about 90 falling down the stairs and getting up like a young gazelle, absolutely priceless.

My best day has to be Ibrox 1994, beating one of the ugly sisters at their own patch and watching their fans leave with twelve minutes to go was the best. Plus the scenes when wee Ritchie scored the second are some of the best I’ve ever been involved in.

The above Hearts game would probably be up there with my best Brockville memories. I did love the 4-3 Thistle game also though.

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My best day has to be Ibrox 1994, beating one of the ugly sisters at their own patch and watching their fans leave with twelve minutes to go was the best. Plus the scenes when wee Ritchie scored the second are some of the best I’ve ever been involved in.

The above Hearts game would probably be up there with my best Brockville memories. I did love the 4-3 Thistle game also though.

Ibrox night was epic. Covered in all sorts down in that lower tier 😡. Worth it 😂

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/they-wanted-the-pitch-to-be-a-tip-falkirk-boss-john-mcglynn-hits-back-at-bonnyrigg-rose-gaffer-robbie-horns-jibes-after-scottish-cup-shock-4492866?fbclid=IwAR3MzQjiOg8IP4jVWnW6Ktg9GVfcM-q-sLBuqh-FNZ1CiChEQa7KC3hauY8_aem_ASaD_AwOsJmMlbkLgrlE7zisms4PGbRPfwJ9H4kdOYcBN9Z5uewDwlSKhBhn_bMvE-s#j6tvqoo8c2t

Sorry, but I think McGlynn comes across poorly here with these comments. The pitch was a disgrace, but it was the same for both teams - we lost, league is the focus, move on. The “no groundsman” patter is a bit tinpot. Dragging it on nearly a week later with sour grapes is bad form.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/they-wanted-the-pitch-to-be-a-tip-falkirk-boss-john-mcglynn-hits-back-at-bonnyrigg-rose-gaffer-robbie-horns-jibes-after-scottish-cup-shock-4492866?fbclid=IwAR3MzQjiOg8IP4jVWnW6Ktg9GVfcM-q-sLBuqh-FNZ1CiChEQa7KC3hauY8_aem_ASaD_AwOsJmMlbkLgrlE7zisms4PGbRPfwJ9H4kdOYcBN9Z5uewDwlSKhBhn_bMvE-s#j6tvqoo8c2t

Sorry,, but I think McGlynn comes across poorly here with these comments. The pitch was a disgrace, but it was the same for both teams - we lost, league is the focus, move on. Dragging it on nearly a week later with sour grapes is bad form.

F*ck them..... he is right.

3 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Sorry, but I think McGlynn comes across poorly here with these comments. The pitch was a disgrace, but it was the same for both teams - we lost, league is the focus, move on. The “no groundsman” patter is a bit tinpot. Dragging it on nearly a week later with sour grapes is bad form.

Disagree with that. He’s standing up for us after their manager flapped his gums. What he says is correct, the fact that it’s just tough sh’t doesn’t change that.  f**k Bonnyrigg. 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

McGlynn there quoting the other manager while claiming he doesnt know what he has said :lol:

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

He’s spot on imo. 

I think as well as cancelling games for frost/water logged etc referees should also be encouraged to cancel if the pitch is a fucking midden. If they feel it’s not up to a decent standard of game being played on it then the game should be off. They are cheating the fans who pay to attend these games and risking injury to players.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

26 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

What I don’t get is that McGlynn knew the state of the pitch and the type of game we were going to be in but kept the team the exact same. Has to take some responsibility for that. 

Edited by Dave McInally

44 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Morrison a doubt for Saturday. Full compliment otherwise 

Should I be worried that Morrison is out injured just ahead of the transfer deadline or am I just reading too much into that? 🤔

9 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

What I don’t get is that McGlynn knew the state of the pitch and the game of game we were going to be in but kept the team the exact same. Has to take some responsibility for that. 

I think he was under too much pressure and had to go back to the winning team after the disaster in Edinburgh. Everyone was happy enough with the team when the game kicked off

This obviously sounds like sour grapes-but it's not. 

I don't think Bonnyrigg's pitch should be allowed at all in the professional game. There are fewer slopes on the Ochils and their team will obviously know how it plays better than any visiting team. 

3 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

I think he was under too much pressure and had to go back to the winning team after the disaster in Edinburgh. Everyone was happy enough with the team when the game kicked off

Yeh possibly so but his experience should have got the better of him and picked a team to best suit the conditions.

Just don’t like to hear excuses when there are definite faults in how we set up for that match.

Talking of past cup ties too, this was one of my favourites and can’t say the pitch looks much better than Bonnyrigg’s.   

Just now, Dave McInally said:

Yeh possibly so but his experience should have got the better of him and picked a team to best suit the conditions.

Just don’t like to hear excuses when there are definite faults in how we set up for that match.

Talking of past cup ties too, this was one of my favourites and can’t say the pitch looks much better than Bonnyrigg’s.   

I dont think anyone is having a go at bonnyrigg really, they did what they had to do to win, but it doesnt change the fact that the pitch isnt suitable for football