The Falkirk FC Thread

Fucking hell lads. You boys are crowing about teams in the championship being shite and how you are going to smoke everyone. You can’t even beat some Welsh mob. Stick to hammering part time teams in league one. Least you had a big crowd as per. Absolute clowns. 

That was reminiscent of last season. McGlynn completely outthought and no idea how to change it. If Plan A doesn’t work, he’s toiling.

If you’re gonna give out the amount of praise as we have this season, have to give out criticism too. They made us look very, very ordinary. A reality check.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

On crowds of 300 a week? if anything it will be less.

This has just been a big disappointment

They have a sugar daddy investing a lot of money every season. They have a large full time squad you could never afford to run off 300 size crowds. Why do you think McManus is there ? Because he's getting paid far more than he'd get in the championship here. 

2 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Fucking hell lads. You boys are crowing about teams in the championship being shite and how you are going to smoke everyone. You can’t even beat some Welsh mob. Stick to hammering part time teams in league one. Least you had a big crowd as per. Absolute clowns. 

They were a much better side than any of the teams we've played this season including united.

We were very poor tonight. TNS tactically and technically a step above what we've been playing in league 1. Pity one Lang error between the teams as they didn't create much either. 

Didn't take enough risks going forward. Too many slow sideways passes. 

Looking forward to ignoring cups and focusing on getting this league won

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

They were a much better side than any of the teams we've played this season including united.

Yeah as I said earlier. League 1 is fucking shite and full of part time teams. All your fans commenting saying raith and airdrie were shite last night are living in dream land. There is quite a difference between the majority of teams in both leagues. 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

They have a sugar daddy investing a lot of money every season. They have a large full time squad you could never afford to run off 300 size crowds. Why do you think McManus is there ? Because he's getting paid far more than he'd get in the championship here. 

Nothing to suggest they have a bigger budget.

Doesn't mean tonight wasn't an absolute failure. Bottled two cup games in two weeks.

Pressure is now on to win the league at a canter since supposedly nothing else matters...

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

Yeah as I said earlier. League 1 is fucking shite and full of part time teams. All your fans commenting saying raith and airdrie were shite last night are living in dream land. There is quite a difference between the majority of teams in both leagues. 

As I said they were better than any of the championship sides we beat comfortably this season including Dundee united.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Looking forward to a dull as dishwater final between you pair 🥱

Put money on either team to win it 1-0 and you've got a 50/50 chance of not losing your stake. 

Not the result we wanted but at least I was mildly entertained.

Irked that we presented them with a chance under little pressure.

Lang, Spencer and Miller decided tonight to have their poorest game in a Falkirk jersey. 

They created the square root of f**k all, scored a goal through our mistake and just sat in and stopped us playing. Fair play to them. 

Not the end of the world but a missed opportunity IMO. 

Edited by BPM

I get that any slight criticism of us or positive comments about the opposition and you get the usual "we are the best and everyone else is shite" brigade pilling on you regardless of the evidence before everyone's eyes.  They were better than us, better organised, they didn't allow us to play our usual style and when we did have chances we didn't take them.  That second half was a master class on how to stop Falkirk playing.  That is a fair summary of the night.

When we go up we can expect more games like that next year.  We have been great overall this year, but a major factor in that is most of the opposition have been very poor.  Another night we could have won that, it just didn't happen.

Maybe a gentle wake up call tonight.  We still have a long way to go.

On now to winning the league.  COYB

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

As I said they were better than any of the championship sides we beat comfortably this season including Dundee united.

I didn’t think they were anything special. I thought we were poor. 

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Their budget will be on a different level to ours . They look like probably the best side we've played this season.

Football Manager has our wage bill as a little higher.

IMG_8496.jpeg

IMG_8497.jpeg