The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be great to get a few loans in but we also have a current squad of 21 senior players and given we're fan owned banking any extra season ticket money would probably be wise to ensure we keep ourselves above the water. 

Don’t think we should be going crazy with budgets but equally I do think it’s worth trying to finish as high up the table as possible from a financial perspective.

There’s quite a big difference in prize money between 4th and 8th. We also want to try and keep the positive momentum around the place and get as many of the new ST holders back as possible next season (looks like Dunfermline have lost quite a few following their not great finish last season).

49 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brilliant news sighing Tait there will have been cash to Hibs involved in signing him, so no more signings. Couple of loans and that's it CB & CF. Got a feeling Arfield as a mid season signing to end his career where it all started

Just stop, please, no more.

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Don’t think we should be going crazy with budgets but equally I do think it’s worth trying to finish as high up the table as possible from a financial perspective.

No sh*t Sherlock, and well done on covering all your bases with that statement.

1 minute ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

No sh*t Sherlock, and well done on covering all your bases with that statement.

The point is I think it’s financially worth pushing the boat out a bit for 1 or 2 extra players that could be the difference between 4th and 8th.

What part do you disagree with?

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Brilliant news sighing Tait there will have been cash to Hibs involved in signing him, so no more signings. Couple of loans and that's it CB & CF. Got a feeling Arfield as a mid season signing to end his career where it all started

No actual cash involved whatsoever 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The point is I think it’s financially worth pushing the boat out a bit for 1 or 2 extra players that could be the difference between 4th and 8th.

Do you know if we have used up all our budget yet?

If we have, then no.

There's a key part in your statement, "could be".

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You don't half slaver some pish by the way.

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Great to get Dylan signed and loving the look of that training gear with the steeples on it 

It might not be visible in the pics, but the white top has the steeple all the way through it too. These pics were taken a while back but weren't released because (I think) the shop hadn't received all the stock in the sizes they needed. 

The Falkirk Herald will be there tomorrow and FFC have published training pics from today so it's not a secret any more. 

top (1) .JPG

top (2) .JPG

8 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Do you know if we have used up all our budget yet?

If we have, then no.

There's a key part in your statement, "could be".

I have no idea what our budget is or how much of it has been spent.

The point I’m making is that while it would be understandable to ‘bank’ any ST revenue higher than budgeted, there are financial advantages of investing it in the squad in order to try and ensure a higher league finish.

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I have no idea what our budget is or how much of it has been spent.

The point I’m making is that while it would be understandable to ‘bank’ any ST revenue higher than budgeted, there are financial advantages of investing it in the squad in order to try and ensure a higher league finish.

Every spare penny will go towards the playing budget as has been the case the last couple of seasons I’d imagine. This BOD don’t need to be told how to speculate to accumulate. 

25 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It might not be visible in the pics, but the white top has the steeple all the way through it too. These pics were taken a while back but weren't released because (I think) the shop hadn't received all the stock in the sizes they needed. 

The Falkirk Herald will be there tomorrow and FFC have published training pics from today so it's not a secret any more. 

top (1) .JPG

top (2) .JPG

I must admit I was a bit sceptical about the move to O'Neill's but the stuff is absolutely top notch.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Day one of pre-season and of looking into small things far too much because I feel like it; MacIver is now number 9 instead of Allan, who appears to be wearing a kit without a number on it.

Hopefully Tam Lang's took McGinn's vacated 4 and Adams or Finn take the 2.

27 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

top (1) .JPG

top (2) .JPG

I think I will be buying one of they fellas, that would actually make a cracking away top 😍

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

In one of the training pictures there’s a guy with no training kit on and I don’t recognise him. Wonder if he’s a trialist? 

Sports science. There are no trialists, or at least there weren't today. There were none last year either. McGlynn appears to get his business done early enough that he doesn't need to gamble on trialists. (his first year excepted, obviously) 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

Sports science. There are no trialists, or at least there weren't today. There were none last year either. McGlynn appears to get his business done early enough that he doesn't need to gamble on trialists. (his first year excepted, obviously) 

Thanks for clarifying. Always liked a bit of ‘who’s who’ from the pictures 🤣

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Not to worry, the FSS will fund the extra players.