The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I think posts like this should have a trigger warning first for those of us who still suffer from PTSD. 

Thank you.

A season where we tried every attacker archetype and still struggled 😮‍💨

✅ Aberdeen youngster

✅ English unknown

✅ Irish target man

✅ Lower league punt

✅ Amateur fairytale

✅ Scottish mercurial on the downhill

... almost forget -

✅ "Academy" hopeful

Mental 🤯

Edited by Blame Me
Misremembering

Dowds wasn't great when he did get a chance with us but I think a quick "where are they now" will show the players who really were crap vs those who probably just suffered by the club at the time being a rubbish place to come in to work. Dowds would be in the latter for me.

Even now though, he's not a patch on MacIvor obviously. 

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Muirhead never really recovered from his disastrous second half performance against united in the playoffs. He always did a job but was limited . Same with dowds. But if a carthorse at times but will get a few goals over the course of the season. 

What I liked about Muirhead was he knew his limitations, namely a clear your lines' defender with not a lot of finesse.

The guy tried and gave 100% and took a good penalty.

That's fair

When we think of 'worst ever player' I'm not sure I ever count Jaime Wilson just because it was like a guy winning a raffle to get a squad place. Feels a bit mean to point out how bad he was. 

To contradict myself a bit on the meanness front.. that crossbar challenge attempt at the weekend. f**king hell... don't think it got a foot off the ground.

13 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Can’t remember anyone in my time supporting the club that took a better penalty…….

George Miller

Firm left foot, ball inches above the ground aimed at the rear left stanchion so the ball went in 1 -2 ft inside the post.

Every goalie knew where it was going but could not stop it. Only missed 1 against Dundee United and that was when he slipped about to take the shot.

Everybody knew it was going in even the opposition.

Great player and captain shame about his managerial stint. Just like Prentice it sullied his legacy.

34 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

You wish (Dowds)

IMG_8982.jpeg

Obviously having seen both play for Falkirk, due to the system that we use, I absolutely would have MacIver before Dowds. Not in any way saying that Dowds is a bad player, I think he'd be a good addition to our squad.

*Trigger warning - this post makes reference to Paul Sheerin and Gary Holt*

If you take the Falkirk hat off, you can understand why Dowds was pissed off at the time. Must have been galling being considered worse than Ruth, Ompreon and Wilson by both Cones and Holt (full on shivered typing all those names out btw holy f**k). Gets loaned out, bad-mouthed by Holt at the Q&A, then, just as he starts playing a key role with Arbroath at the top of the Championship, gets recalled and is expected to be a key player amongst a bunch of mid-table League One jobbers who he hadn’t been deemed good enough for six months previously.

None of this is the fans fault, of course, but the fault of clowns who are no longer here and were chased out by us. Think the fans actually treated him pretty well when he came back considering the shambles we were. If he harbours any resentment it should be towards Holt/Sheerin, not the club.

Should also add that with all the above in mind, I couldn’t really give two shits what Anton Dowds thinks of us now tbh. Wouldn’t take him over MacIver. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Dowds simply wouldn't fit the formation we play now anyway. Partick tried him as the lone striker and it didn't work out. Suspect he will be getting a lot more joy playing up front with Oakley/ another strike partner.

I'd have MacIver over him in our system every time. 

30 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

It's probably faded then gone missing because you didn't hang it exactly where it wanted to be.

I think it's been relegated to the board room so at least I'll not need to see it again. There has a Hartley signed top kicking around at one point as well...

15 minutes ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

I think it's been relegated to the board room so at least I'll not need to see it again. There has a Hartley signed top kicking around at one point as well...

Do you work in Hangar 51 by chance ...

image.jpeg.aa2f2daea7a04b8d6780eff4f2915711.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Rugster said:

That's nice. Who did you get in the quarters?

That's fair moving the goalposts on the discussion.  :lol:

I think 8 of our fans will be allowed the privilege of watching football that weekend at Queen's Park's dump. 

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

That's fair moving the goalposts on the discussion.  :lol:

I think 8 of our fans will be allowed the privilege of watching football that weekend at Queen's Park's dump. 

Im surprised to see you laying on such a tap in tbf mate 😂