The Falkirk FC Thread

Drawn away to East Fife in the Ramsden's Cup. Could see us going all the way in this competition, even though it's the diddy of the diddy cups.

Edited by Kris.

Couldn't ask for a better draw really. Initially I thought East Fife were on a decent run and a quick look shows they've won three games against teams a league below them, Elgin twice and a 6-1 pumping of Montrose, but lost to a team in the same league, Stirling. We should have too much for them.

Good news on the Weatherston signing. A bit of much needed experience and cover for up front and the wing.

If we're struggling for midfielders, 4-5-1/4-3-3 could be an option with Higginbotham, Weatherston and Farid up top. Thoughts?

Edited by lanky_ffc

If we're struggling for midfielders, 4-5-1/4-3-3 could be an option with Higginbotham, Weatherston and Farid up top. Thoughts?

I wouldn't be totally against that. I was discussing on the Partick match thread that we're probably going to have to change shape for this weekend at least anyway, since we may be missing Kingsley/Alston/Sibbald on top of Millar's suspension. A 4-3-3 could be a good way around that.

Couldn't ask for a better draw really. Initially I thought East Fife were on a decent run and a quick look shows they've won three games against teams a league below them, Elgin twice and a 6-1 pumping of Montrose, but lost to a team in the same league, Stirling. We should have too much for them.

Good news on the Weatherston signing. A bit of much needed experience and cover for up front and the wing.

I think thats a great shout. Don't think Jay Fulton is naturally right sided so this could help balance it out a bit.

I think thats a great shout. Don't think Jay Fulton is naturally right sided so this could help balance it out a bit.

I've not seen the Fulton lads yet, where do they both play?

Edited by Kris.

I've not seen the Fulton lads yet, where do they both play?

Think they both play central midfield but Jay has been on the right and when Dale came on on Tuesday he went to the left but played central on Saturday against Raith. On Tuesday, I would have moved Higginbotham to left midfield (when Sibbald came off), moved Millar into the hole behind Farid and Dale Fulton into the middle.

Think they both play central midfield but Jay has been on the right and when Dale came on on Tuesday he went to the left but played central on Saturday against Raith. On Tuesday, I would have moved Higginbotham to left midfield (when Sibbald came off), moved Millar into the hole behind Farid and Dale Fulton into the middle.

It was clear for all to see how much that midfield needed Millar. He needs to stay in the central midfield role. Perhaps if our squad had depth you could move him in there, but our midfield would miss out greatly.

There's no doubt that (in theory at least), we may have stumbled across an attacking mix that might be hugely effective. KH has all the trickery you could hope to see (but tends not to have the killer pass), Farid is very very good in the air, and his first touch on the ball ain't too shabby. Weatherston seems to have a bit of pace about him, and looks to be not too bad at tucking away knock downs and crosses. Crucially, all three of them are mobile (for this league).

If they click together, then they could prove to be our salvation.

Edited by Guest

I wasn't overly impressed with his goals to games ratio and had him in mind as more of a winger. But from that video, he's looks to get himself in good positions and seems like quite a natural goalscorer.

Of course, the video is only going to show his goals, so we don't know how many similar opportunities he blootered past the post or over the bar. Just a pity we couldn't bring in the boy Matthew Flynn too. The lad looked like a very decent player.

Had a wee look through the Bradford forum tonight and came across this post

icon_post_target.gifby Basingstoke bantam on Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:28 pm

" Playing Mitchell in centre midfield is not an option on todays showing as the game just passed him by, he takes a good set peice but i didn't see what he offered the team in open play. maybe it was an off game for the young lad."

:lol: I was so tempted to post a reply