The Falkirk FC Thread

Thanks for the feedback.

We will be aiming to add on some unique opportunities, items and events throughout the season.

Match shirts will be rare though as we need to remember players have their own sponsors and pay good money at the start of each season.

However cup shirts or one off event shirts give us some options.

Historical items will be sprinkled throughout though, including match shirts, balls and boots.

Lastly, the stadium is a cavern of Falkirk memorabilia, as time progresses some very unique items will emerge onto the eBay store.

Remember, ALL monies raised goes directly back into Falkirk Football Club.

Thanks

Retail Team

According to Bullen's Twitter page 6 of the players in the team finishing the game were only 16.

We created a lot in the second half and a combination of poor finishing, good tackling and bad luck stopped us getting a few more.

Alloa were unlucky not to get a goal at one point too when we appeared to clear it of the line. I was at the opposite end though so Im not 100% sure how close it was.

Incidently Alloas No 9 (Trialist) looked like he had a decent touch and seemed to understand the game well. Not sure if anyone else there knew who he was.

The No 12 for them was a MAN MOUNTAIN! Totally huge! Again maybe someone else on here knows who he was.

According to Bullen's Twitter page 6 of the players in the team finishing the game were only 16.

We created a lot in the second half and a combination of poor finishing, good tackling and bad luck stopped us getting a few more.

Alloa were unlucky not to get a goal at one point too when we appeared to clear it of the line. I was at the opposite end though so Im not 100% sure how close it was.

Incidently Alloas No 9 (Trialist) looked like he had a decent touch and seemed to understand the game well. Not sure if anyone else there knew who he was.

The No 12 for them was a MAN MOUNTAIN! Totally huge! Again maybe someone else on here knows who he was.

Was a very poor game IMO. The only real chance for us was when the No.14 got his head on the end of a cross forcing a smart save from the keeper.

Apparantly the No.9 was Robbie Winters. Not sure if it's the former livi player or not.

No.12 was Armand One. He's pish

Was a very poor game IMO. The only real chance for us was when the No.14 got his head on the end of a cross forcing a smart save from the keeper.

I quite enjoyed it. Was good to see some of the youngsters playing.

Apparantly the No.9 was Robbie Winters. Not sure if it's the former livi player or not.

I wouldnt have guessed that to be honest.

No.12 was Armand One. He's pish

I knew I recognised him! He had a few good touches and a few laughable ones.

Edited by MattBairn

It was indeed that Robbie Winters.

Decent enough, if low key, game. Falkirk's youngsters played some good football, always looking to play passes. Neil McFarlane urging them on from the side. They were deservedly one nil up at the interval, but I thought we maybe did enough to snatch a draw second half with Winters moved back into an attacking midfield role, but our final ball was poor and big Armand continues to disappoint.

Evening

2 auctions will finish just after 9pm tonight on the official eBay store.

• Travel with the 1st Team to an away match (Match tickets included)

• Autographed Falkirk v Partick Th programme and team sheet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ffcshop/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562

OneF still don't allow new users so if someone can C&P over that would be great. Ta.

Thanks

Retail Team

Edited by Falkirk Shop

No. Sibbald is not the youngest.

Can't remember who it is but the name Eddie O'Donnell springs to mind.

What was Craig Sibbald's exact age on the day of the match.

From memory I think Alex Gillespie scored in a Scot Cup match in 1884 at the age of 16 yrs 294 days [but my memory could be going]

William Lees certainly scored twice on his debut in a Stirlingshire Cup Match in 1892

Saturday October 29th 1892 v Grangemouth (H) Stirlingshire Cup 1st Rd 3-1

However all I know of his age was that he was born circa 1877 in Learmouth, Lanarkshire

so he might even have been 15.

And I certainly count Stirlingshire Cup matches back then as competitive

Evening all

3 new items have gone live on the club`s eBay store this evening:

* Be a matchday mascot (Boy/Girl 5yrs-10yrs) - Falkirk v Rangers (winner also receives tickets, away shirt, goody bag and programme)

* Falkirk "Lotto/57" shirt from 2007/2008 - signed by 57 cup final scorer George Merchant and man of the match Tommy Murray

* Be "Fergus the Fox" for a match plus match tickets

All live now for the next 7 days at the link below and can also be accessed from the Official Website link

http://www.ebay.co.u...p4340.l2562#ptm

****As per usual, if someone can C&P over to One F that would be fantastic****

Thanks

Retail Team

EDITED TO ADD - (Insight into the mascot v Rangers item)

What you will WIN:

* Mascot slot for the child

* 3 tickets for this potential Sold Out match (2 adult and 1 child ticket - for the mascot)

* 2011/2012 PUMA Falkirk Away Shirt to wear on the night and take home (Socks and shorts not included)

* FFC Goody Bag

* Souvenir matchday programme (with a photo/blog of the mascot - we will get these details when the winner is known)

Event Details:

* Turn up 45mins prior to Kick Off and meet with a club official

* Change into your kit, go pitchside and get the chance to watch the players warm up and have the potential to meet the players

* Help lead the team out at Kick Off and get your picture taken with the Team Captains of both teams and the match referee

* Watch match from the West Stand amongst the home support.

Edited by Falkirk Shop

What was Craig Sibbald's exact age on the day of the match.

From memory I think Alex Gillespie scored in a Scot Cup match in 1884 at the age of 16 yrs 294 days [but my memory could be going]

William Lees certainly scored twice on his debut in a Stirlingshire Cup Match in 1892

Saturday October 29th 1892 v Grangemouth (H) Stirlingshire Cup 1st Rd 3-1

However all I know of his age was that he was born circa 1877 in Learmouth, Lanarkshire

so he might even have been 15.

And I certainly count Stirlingshire Cup matches back then as competitive

I'm sure Craig's 16th birthday was in May

Falkirk v Rangers

Tickets on sale to ST holders from tomorrow morning, Monday, at 10am till 4pm Friday (Open late till 6pm on Thursday). 2 tickets max per ST holder.

West -

Prime - £20

Adult - £18

Concessions - £12

South -

Adult - £18

Concessions - £12

Public sale begins Monday 12th September at 10am.

Thanks

Retail Team

Evening all

3 new items have gone live on the club`s eBay store this evening:

* Be a matchday mascot (Boy/Girl 5yrs-10yrs) - Falkirk v Rangers (winner also receives tickets, away shirt, goody bag and programme)

* Falkirk "Lotto/57" shirt from 2007/2008 - signed by 57 cup final scorer George Merchant and man of the match Tommy Murray

* Be "Fergus the Fox" for a match plus match tickets

All live now for the next 7 days at the link below and can also be accessed from the Official Website link

http://www.ebay.co.u...p4340.l2562#ptm

****As per usual, if someone can C&P over to One F that would be fantastic****

Thanks

Retail Team

EDITED TO ADD - (Insight into the mascot v Rangers item)

What you will WIN:

* Mascot slot for the child

* 3 tickets for this potential Sold Out match (2 adult and 1 child ticket - for the mascot)

* 2011/2012 PUMA Falkirk Away Shirt to wear on the night and take home (Socks and shorts not included)

* FFC Goody Bag

* Souvenir matchday programme (with a photo/blog of the mascot - we will get these details when the winner is known)

Event Details:

* Turn up 45mins prior to Kick Off and meet with a club official

* Change into your kit, go pitchside and get the chance to watch the players warm up and have the potential to meet the players

* Help lead the team out at Kick Off and get your picture taken with the Team Captains of both teams and the match referee

* Watch match from the West Stand amongst the home support.

Wee bump.....

Current bids are at:

• Matchday mascot v Rangers - £98

• Signed 2007 Lotto/57 shirt - £46

• Be Fergus the Fox at a match - £50

Thanks to all who have viewed/bid so far.

Thanks

Retail Team

Anyone else noticed the extra effort the club is putting in to keep the fans in the loop?

I've been quite impressed, not by all the decisions but by the remarkable improvement in communication from the club. Well done :)