The Falkirk FC Thread

All the best for Sunday. I well remember how good it was to see County pump them at Hampden.

Insisting on a loan-back to any sale is a very wise move. From the outside, the club actually look like they have a strategy and Pressley doesn't look an utter baffoon. What a difference a year makes.

The article on the Express website suggests £300K has been agreed but that it may spark a bidding auction. Suggests nothings been accepted 100%, especially if we are negotiating a loan back. It states Brighton are trying to tie the deal up before someone comes in with a higher bid i.e. nothing's been signed.

Can you see Wallace signing with Brighton and missing the game on Sunday? If, as the article states, there are other interested Championship sides we could get lucky if Wallace doesn't agree a deal and plays a blinder on Sunday. If we then get him back for the rest of the season we've got a great deal, as he was probably away in the summer anyway.

The article on the Express website suggests £300K has been agreed but that it may spark a bidding auction.

I hope it does as £300,000 is a lot less than I think Wallace is worth, even if there are lucrative add ons. Brighton have spent millions on transfers this season, surely they have a little more to splash than £300,000?

I understand that clubs will view signing him as a risk, but I reckon he's clearly demonstrated his potential to play at a high level. Look at his performance against Rangers as evidence of that.

Can you see Wallace signing with Brighton and missing the game on Sunday?

I'm sure this will have been considered by the board, who will probably want the deal to go through after the semi. If we're serious about winning the tie, we'll need a full strength squad.

5000-6000 so far.

I've heard the celtic tickets are selling well. Not sure about Ayr/Killie though.

And everything MrDust says about the cash made/lost from the current cup runs is correct. So far the Rangers game is the only game we have made money from.

You don't get any prize money until you have been knocked out.

We will make a little money off the Challence Cup Final (Not til 1st April?) and hopefully a lot off the LC Semi Final...and even more in the Final after we pump Celtic out :D

Ayr have sold more tickets. pretty poor only selling 6000 tbh.

I suppose there is a chance of a bidding war but 300k just now and a loan back deal isnt all that terrible.

I would have liked us to have held on to him but unfortunately there was little chance of that, he has plenty of potential.

For a massive, rare derby game on the usual footballing day with the regular 3pm kick off time which (as far as I'm aware) isn't on terrestrial television. It is a very winnable game for them and is only the fifth semi final in their history.

We, on the other hand, are playing on a Sunday on BBC Scotland, and have played Celtic regularly over the last few years. We're most likely going to get humped as well.

This wasn't predictable.

Not really, this is our 4th Semi in 5 years so it doesn't quite have the same novelty value that it used to. One day you might understand the feeling. :rolleyes:

I've been itching to post the same as soon as YerMaw completed his quest. Beat me to it.

If you took out gate revenue from 4 of the bigger games of our season then yes, I'd imagine that we would have struggled to break even.

I know very little about our finances, but it makes sense to me considering we're looking to break even including those games.

They are all bonus games that you wouldn't have been able to count on at the start of the season though, with the Cup semi probably worth upwards of quarter of a million. Given the position you were in at the start of the season, the fact that the squad has been fleshed out with kids and has relatively few experienced players in it, you don't think it's worrying that apparently you might not even break even given circa £350k of unbudgeted cup income? Who was going to bridge that gap if it hadn't happened? You are not seriously suggesting that Falkirk budgeted on making £300k+ of cup money to break even this season?

Rangers game is the only game so far we made money in the league cup run, the meeting on Monday explained that the time you pay the bonus for winning and also that you dont get the bonus money from the cup till you are knocked out. We had Andy Thomson joke that at the Rangers game in the cup he on one side of his mind was if we get beat, no win bonus and we get 25k from being knocked out

We got I think its 40% of the 4118 at DUFC of which I am sure was reduced, I cant remember but I did go top tier for the first time .

You are having a laff with challenge cup.....I think you are lucky to break even when winning the challenge cup. I would say no offence but fuk it....Hamilton v Falkirk is gonna be 70-80% Falkirk fans I would guess 3-4000 FFC and am I being kind here to make up for earlier in saying 1000 Accies.....or is it deluded.....So sponsor money being main income from that

But yep, being in a Scottish cup or league cup semi should see any first division at least break even more to the fact we aint splashing cash out in Jan

Thomson's referring to cash flow though, and I take his point, but it doesn't change the fact that in year profit terms the league cup run will have been worth at least £300,000 to the club even if you go out on Sunday. The win bonus is a fair point too, but how much win bonus would the players have been on for it? £1,000 a man at most surely so less than £20k all in including NIC. If it was more than that someone wants shooting.

United game might not have been worth fortunes but you'll have made at least £15k from it and you'll make at least that from the Challenge Cup final if you lose and twice that if you win it.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

300k plus add ons and a loan back would be a good deal considering how long he has been in the team.

Hope we could hold out for 500k plus add ons but if not then good lucky Murray.

Ritchie will drive him to Brighton himself for £300k so there's no chance of getting 500 unless a real bidding war starts.

I think he's a fantastic player already and a real prospect for the future so he's probably worth £500k but it won't happen.