The Falkirk FC Thread

Just had a quick look at OneF - what on earth is going on? More than the usual amount of bickering and infighting.

I rarely read it but the past couple of days have been comedy gold. TS receiving a threatening text over a comment he made online :lol:

I rarely read it but the past couple of days have been comedy gold. TS receiving a threatening text over a comment he made online :lol:

Unfortunately my dad (who is 63 btw) has started going on onef, doesn't post anything just reads all the pish then tells me everything. I have to say day in, day out that most folk on there don't go to games or have the slightest clue about what's going on at falkirk.

When someone posts 'I have it on good authority' or any other way of putting it, I need to say 'dad he's talking shite, he's never been to a game in years'.

It's actually caused me and my dad to fall out a bit over the last few weeks, he's turning into a doom merchant like every other onef viewer, HELP!

The board get a lot of criticism but they have always seemed to do well in getting a good deal from the player sales the last few seasons.

I'll be very surprised if they let Taylor go for 130k. If he did go for that amount then falkirk as a club must be in some state!

Edited by Falkirk_Bairn_1983

Just read on twitter on the Agent Scotland feed (I know!) that Falkirk have accepted a £130k bid from Rotherham for Lyle Taylor.

How credible are they as a source?

Don't see why our board would turn down 100K just to hold out for another 30K a week later. There's still 7 weeks until the transfer window closes and, as far as I know, we're not desperate for cash. Sit tight and wait for a suitable offer to come in.

Any money we get offered needs to be weighed up against the potential cash we could earn from promotion. Sure, we wouldn't get any transfer fee at the end of the season, but with him in the team we've got a realistic shot at getting to the SPL.

Missing out on a decent striker IMO. Steven Doris is set to sign for Dundee.

Do you just cream your drawers every time you see the name of a player you recognise?

Taylor's choice is an interesting one, I wonder where he thinks he can get a move to? Rotherham would have been a decent one for him, increased wages, higher standard of football, more exposure and probably a first choice in the starting XI. I'm not sure how much higher up the pyramid he could do where he'd still be getting all of that.