The Falkirk FC Thread

Maybury will hardly be playing and I think Houstie will bring in a left back as Dick not ready yet, along with a striker to partner Loy hopefully.. Midfield also apparently operating a new system and got to remember the new boys need to gel as well, hardly played with eachother. No need to panic.

Our defence was shocking today, maybury's past it and they're strikers found far too much space in between mckracken and vaulks. I disagree with your opinion on dick I don't think he did anything wrong today hes ready to make the left back position his own. Our midfield was very good at retaining possesion and taiwo looks a really good player but we didn't/couldn't create anything up top. Unfortunately ollies not good enough misplaced easy short passes. Cooper wasn't involved enough in the game to comment on him. We need a striker as one upfront is not going to work for us this season.

Edited by FFC 1876

First real preseason game so you can't look too much into it but a few observations...

Negatives

Poor distribution from MacDonald.

Ollie and Taiwo struggle to play together as neither wants to drive forward.

Lack of support for Loy in terms of a No. 10.

Positives

Alston showing he can hit a free kick.

Loy finding the corner with his penalty, something which he and Millar failed at last year.

Your times running out Houstie! Next friendly is crucial for our season. After today's capitulation to Woking you need to get us back on a winning streak or our seasons over. Your public demand results and we cannot go through bad spells like this without some drastic action. It is your job to sort it Peter before it is too late. We will be relegated by Christmas if we continue in the same vain. You were given a huge budget for players and you have spent the money that could have gone a long way to doing what is our true aim ie paying off soft loans!

PUT THINGS RIGHT NOW.

Well that's it started for the season!

Your times running out Houstie! Next friendly is crucial for our season. After today's capitulation to Woking you need to get us back on a winning streak or our seasons over. Your public demand results and we cannot go through bad spells like this without some drastic action. It is your job to sort it Peter before it is too late. We will be relegated by Christmas if we continue in the same vain. You were given a huge budget for players and you have spent the money that could have gone a long way to doing what is our true aim ie paying off soft loans!

PUT THINGS RIGHT NOW.

Well that's it started for the season!

You're being sarcastic but that sounds like an old firm fan type post.

A friendly is merely a more formal kick about and nothing can be taken from it. It lets us see what works and what does not. The score is irrelevant but how players perform in new roles is the key. From what I read we must have a better attacking force. Loy plays better with support so an experienced front man is a must. Hope Houstie has one on his radar

The whole point in pre-season friendlies is so the manager can see where the team is weak and what systems will/won't work, as well as building up fitness and letting the new signings gel into the squad. People just need to chill.

Was down at the club shop yesterday and was told it was likely that the Main stand was going to be almost all Falkirk fans at games v Rangers this coming season with possibly only 1/2 end sections being given to them (ie what we did for the Dumbartons & Cowdenbeath's of this world). Terrific news if that comes to pass, they did say it wasn't confirmed yet though.

I believe this is on the back of strong ST sales. Houstie effect in full force?

Was down at the club shop yesterday and was told it was likely that the Main stand was going to be almost all Falkirk fans at games v Rangers this coming season with possibly only 1/2 end sections being given to them (ie what we did for the Dumbartons & Cowdenbeath's of this world). Terrific news if that comes to pass, they did say it wasn't confirmed yet though.

I was also down at the shop yesterday to buy one of the new tops. They had hardly any sizes left and I was told that there's no more coming in until mid August. In my opinion that's a shambles from the club. It's the middle of summer and the new seasons just about to start and we have no new merchandise to sell. No wonder you see kids now a days wearing tops from teams from around the world!

I was also down at the shop yesterday to buy one of the new tops. They had hardly any sizes left and I was told that there's no more coming in until mid August. In my opinion that's a shambles from the club. It's the middle of summer and the new seasons just about to start and we have no new merchandise to sell. No wonder you see kids now a days wearing tops from teams from around the world!

Yes I noticed that too. The online shop hasn't been updated in over a year also, pretty poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Don't know how many we've sold, but I am guessing somewhere around 2,500..........maybe more, but it certainly isn't on the back of signings.In terms of numbers, it will be a fraction of the big three, and probably double and triple most of the others in the league. It will be a combination of wishing Housty well, and the 10% to 50% increase the smaller clubs are seeing because they get to see Sevco, Hearts and Hibs. On the build up of a new squad for a new season, I don't think we could me more low key if we tried....but it is early days yet.