The Falkirk FC Thread

Last I heard he had 3 offers from Scotland; Ourselves, St Johnstone and Dundee.

I'd think he'll stay down south to be honest, isn't his mrs a celeb down in London?

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

We've already publicly announced we aren't signing anyone unless we pick up major injuries, so you can score us off that list

He's got a decent record at this level, really hope it's true.

What kind of striker is he? Poacher or does he creat chances/goals aswell?

He's an aggressive, dominating No 9. Very good in the air, but particularly good at building a bond with the support.

This sounds like sour grapes, but it's not......Farid is not a particularly good footballer.........moreso with ball at his feet. In this respect, Lyle Taylor was a far more accomplished individual. The thing is though, Farid has the heart of a lion, and can intimidate defenders in a way very few attackers can.

If there really is such a thing as a one season legend, then for us, it's Farid. If you sign him, and you expect him to be a damn fine footballer, then you and he will part company pretty quickly.

He really isn't about the finer points of the game, but we loved what he brought to the team, and the club.

He was never signing for us when other are offering three times what we are. Let him go. I would suggest without Higginbotham around him he won't be the player we saw anyway.

I obviously can't speak for any Falkirk fans, but Jamie MacDonald is probably the most "box office" signing that anybody in this league has made so far this summer. As a first major signing, if that's not motivating lapsed fans to go and pick up a season ticket, I can't think of anyone, realistically, who would.

This (if we ignore Rangers signing Boyd & Miller obviously but they are a different category)

MacDonald shouldn't be playing in this division unless it was because he stayed with Hearts when they went down. Falkirk managing to get him to sign was a great piece of business.

.........and I know I have absolutely no sense of "seethe" at the thought of him playing for anyone else. I don't look forward it it, but equally, I don't see it as the end of days.

I agree with BPM. Up to now, everything points to us having had the best of him two years ago (before the knee injry).

Edited by Guest

When Farid signed wi us in the summer of 2011 he made it clear we were a stepping stone to him getting a deal in England.

Since he left 2 years ago he's already played with 1 Scottish team. Seems a failure to sign with another.

He was never signing for us when other are offering three times what we are. Let him go. I would suggest without Higginbotham around him he won't be the player we saw anyway.

I agree, Higginbotham was a major factor in Farids success and vice versa. Pressley built his team around Farid with a system which got the better of him, Higgy, Duffie etc. For whatever reasons, he's hardly shined at any club since he's moved on. Either doesn't cut at a higher level or simply clubs don't play to his strengths

Farid is like a poor man's Miroslav Klose. I don't think he's as bad a technical player as some of you are making out, a couple of times I remember him beating a defender before scoring, but where he makes his money is on the poacher's goals. Get him good service and he will make a mockery of the championship.

I agree, Higginbotham was a major factor in Farids success and vice versa. Pressley built his team around Farid with a system which got the better of him, Higgy, Duffie etc. For whatever reasons, he's hardly shined at any club since he's moved on. Either doesn't cut at a higher level or simply clubs don't play to his strengths

His record at Brentford wasn't bad, he got a horrific injury as well.

Don't Hibs have a habit of signing ex Falkirk strikers in modern times?

Anthony Stokes and Darryll Duffy. Both didn't set the heather alight at Hibs

Stokes was a really good player for Hibs.

And the rest of the above was more Yogi having a thing for his ex players than Hibs having a thing for ex Falkirk players.

Farid at his age, won't have made a lot of money from the game so I suppose you can't blame.him for chasing the dollaz.

However a wee boot to his dodgy knee in the first game should see him sorted.

He was making 3k/week at Brentford. Whithout Falkirk that would have never had happened. He aint no pauper.

Can hardly blame him for going to Hibs. Probably 2 of the 3 years of his contract will be spend earning top league wages at a level he is more than comfortable at.

......and that'sthe thing.i don't think there will be a single (level headed) Falkirk supporter that will begrudge Farid taking the best deal possible. when he was with us, he gave it 100%, and built up a special bond with the support.

We gave him his chance, and he re-paid us in full. That's pretty much how it should end.