The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses

A decent wage at Prem level? Around £1000-1200.

Where's your source that he was offered a longer term deal at Falkirk?

ETA: Let's not try and pretend there's any loyalty in football anymore. The Prem is a big allure in itself. We've offered very good deals (Indeed, the max we could afford) to club heroes such as Gary Harkins and they left for shite like St Mirren. This is no surprise, nor is it a reason to cry about like Falkirk fans seem to be doing.

He was not offered longer than Dundee offered but was offered and extention to his current deal. I would assume 2 years. I am interested at your stab at his salary.

I agree there is no loyalty and I don't blame Loy for moving as he has got a deal more than Falkirk could or would offer in the Championship and probably even if we were in the Premiership.

My only issue with this at the moment was the timing of the announcement. Loy told the local paper he was loving it at Falkirk and a week later this comes out. I believe it was in his best interest to keep this under wraps at least as long as we were in the cup or out of the play offs. Maybe however that is unrealistic.

My other problem with it may not arise if he runs his guts out till the end of the season. I personally think he will but until I see what happens I will reserve judgement on things.

Billy big time attitude, remember what happened when Dundee fans had that attitude before?

As ludo asked, since when did stating facts become a billy big time attitude?

I'm not trying to Lord it over Falkirk, compared to some premiership teams Falkirk are a good club in terms of infrastructure and attendances and there is a lot to admire about the way you go about things regards bringing players through.

I completely get some of you may be disappointed at lots decision but some of the comments regarding Dundee and our current financial position just smack of sour grapes.

To be fair most Falkirk fans are taking this in the appropriate manner when this (always disappointing) situation arises.

Guest Back Post Misses

As ludo asked, since when did stating facts become a billy big time attitude?

I'm not trying to Lord it over Falkirk, compared to some premiership teams Falkirk are a good club in terms of infrastructure and attendances and there is a lot to admire about the way you go about things regards bringing players through.

I completely get some of you may be disappointed at lots decision but some of the comments regarding Dundee and our current financial position just smack of sour grapes.

To be fair most Falkirk fans are taking this in the appropriate manner when this (always disappointing) situation arises.

It is your club who imo are showing the attitude not the supporters

It is your club who imo are showing the attitude not the supporters

So they shouldn't sign players? Da fuq?

The only reason we announced it was because the media were beginning to report it anyways.

I have no issue with Loy leaving for Dundee at the end of his contract, that's part of the game these days. What is wrong, and I know it's unlikely from 2 sides, is it should not have been announced until either Dundee were guaranteed top 6 or couldn't finish second bottom. IF Dundee went into free fall and ended up in a playoff final against Falkirk, how the hell could Falkirk then play Loy in these two games ?

Loy owes Falkirk nothing. Dundee are currently playing in a division where they should be able to pay higher wages than Falkirk. Whether they have more money in the bank than Falkirk is arguable, but I doubt it, they should have, given the number of times they have been able to start a fresh.

Good luck to Loy, and hope he does well at Dundee so long as he bursts a gut for the next 3 months and doesn't do a Gow !

I'm not sure who is jumping to more conclusions. I find it highly unlikely that Falkirk would offer oor Rory a 3 year deal. The security Dundee have given him. It is an assumption but it's a fair one.

This chat about Dundee signing players we can't afford is a bit of a leap though. We have signed a championship striker - not a caniggia.

Our board have been clear the budgets have been set and looked at and won't be exceeded. For next season (the budget this affects) we will release a couple of players from deals that auto renewed at end of last season (Iain Davidson, Kevin McBride,) I imagine Kyle letheren might leave. These players will probably be on the same or more than Rory Loy is getting.

You can jump to your own conclusions about Dundees spending if you like - it really makes no odds to us. It does however leave you looking like a speculative, bitter, seething mess :)

As you were.

What in the name of fcuk are you slavering about man?

You said that Falkirk didn't offer him a longer term deal, I pointed out that you were talking pish and that you jumped to that conclusion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I din't once mention anything about Dundee's spending never mind jump to conclusions about it.

And you claim that I'm speculative, bitter and seething! :lol::1eye

You said that Falkirk didn't offer him a longer term deal, I pointed out that you were talking pish and that you jumped to that conclusion. Nothing more, nothing less.

I din't once mention anything about Dundee's spending never mind jump to conclusions about it.

In fairness there have been a couple Falkirk fans trying to play that card. I don't think all of that was a direct response to you.

Local paper up here has a Wednesday filler regarding what other players in the Championship Hartley might be interested in bringing to Dens.

Your man Sibbald was one that was quoted.

What's his contract situation????

Edited by tallpaul

Not all of the post was directed at you. I offered the opinion that Dundee offered a Loy a longer term deal than Falkirk.

A few Falkirk posters have agreed there is no way you would have offered 3 years.

I perhaps never worded it correctly, falkirks offer did not provide loy with the security Dundees offer did. I've no doubt you offered him a 1 or 2 year extension - it wasn't the long term deal he was after obviously.

There are some Falkirk fans predicting admin on the back of Dundee signing a championship striker! Get a grip guys

tallpaul, on 25 Feb 2015 - 21:49, said:

Local paper up here has a Wednesday filler regarding what other players in the Championship Hartley might be interested in bringing to Dens.

Your man Sibbald was one that was quoted.

What's his contract situation

Isn't he one of their best players? I'd have to go offline for a few days in fear of my life if we managed such a coup.