The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't have an issue with Dundee here to be honest its Loy I'm pretty pissed off with. Could have handled the whole thing a lot better. Don't say how much you love being at a club two mins before jumping ship elsewhere especially when the club is still fighting out for a playoff spot and a bash at promotion.

Not too bothered about Loy leaving as I'm sure there will be a fair few strikers available come the summer. As someone else mentioned we've lost more effective players than Loy in the past few years and replaced near enough all of them. Don't get me wrong I would loved to have kept Loy, but he clearly wasn't interested as he's been offered a new deal at least twice in the past 8 months.

Guest Back Post Misses

I'm led to believe he's on £800. Not surprising when you see Blair Alstons new car, Falkirk are money.

I would guess that number is more like it than a grand or £500

Guest Back Post Misses

What part of that post resembled a 'billy big time attitude'?

The stupid amount you will be paying for, lets face it, a journeyman pro.

He is a good Championship player and will do ok against the bottom of the Premiership teams. He will be posted missing against the better sides IMO.

At most, 500 quid a week which was the maximum wage when he signed his two year contract.

That wage structure was in place when Elvis was in charge with room for a few outside that bracket, the McGoverns Farid Taylors etc. This was was when the team was made up of mainly inexperienced academy players. I'm guessing the £500 cap area will still be as active in areas but not as tight as it was from the Elvis days as these academy players are no longer inexperienced and sign extensions. I'd like to say we have learnt from the George Craig years, but after he had gone we have had budget issues.

Hopefully we are looking now at players to replace Loy, it's what clubs do and its all Dundee have done within the rules

Not too bothered about Loy leaving as I'm sure there will be a fair few strikers available come the summer. As someone else mentioned we've lost more effective players than Loy in the past few years and replaced near enough all of them. Don't get me wrong I would loved to have kept Loy, but he clearly wasn't interested as he's been offered a new deal at least twice in the past 8 months.

The problem is that our replacements are very rarely as good as the guys that go though and that has meant that the standard of the team has continued to fall away. We're nowhere near Hearts in the league and struggling for a playoff spot against a team we came 11 points ahead of last season for example.

Back Post Misses, on 25 Feb 2015 - 13:01, said:

The stupid amount you will be paying for, lets face it, a journeyman pro.

He is a good Championship player and will do ok against the bottom of the Premiership teams. He will be posted missing against the better sides IMO.

Again, how are we paying a 'stupid amount'? Hamilton were trying to buy him off you FFS. He'll be getting a decent wage, no doubt, but the extra security of a 2-3 year deal goes along way these days. He's a decent signing for what will be our 2nd/3rd choice striker. I don't think it's 'billy big time' to say a Premiership club can offer better money and a longer contract than a Championship club, do you? I mean we were probably able to offer more than Falkirk in every year we were both in the Championship/First Division together barring the season after we came out of admin under Smith.

A free signing of what you admit is just a journeyman pro is hardly going to be the signing that see's us worried about overspending again.

The problem is that our replacements are very rarely as good as the guys that go though and that has meant that the standard of the team has continued to fall away. We're nowhere near Hearts in the league and struggling for a playoff spot against a team we came 11 points ahead of last season for example.I

Its took Houstie till after or during the Hearts home defeat to know our strengths in team selection,formation and as he says the league. Our form guide since then is only bettered by Hibs and Hearts. We have to stop dropping two points when three was in our own hands and a win on Friday to show where we have progressed.

Farid /Taylor/ Loy ......you will find someone who will think Farid is best, Taylor is best, Loy is best......all are different types as far as I am concerned and hopefully we will a striker that brings a fourth player into debate who is better

Guest Back Post Misses

Again, how are we paying a 'stupid amount'? Hamilton were trying to buy him off you FFS. He'll be getting a decent wage, no doubt, but the extra security of a 2-3 year deal goes along way these days. He's a decent signing for what will be our 2nd/3rd choice striker. I don't think it's 'billy big time' to say a Premiership club can offer better money and a longer contract than a Championship club, do you? I mean we were probably able to offer more than Falkirk in every year we were both in the Championship/First Division together barring the season after we came out of admin under Smith.

A free signing of what you admit is just a journeyman pro is hardly going to be the signing that see's us worried about overspending again.

As you have been asked by other what do you think this decent wage is? He was offered a longer term deal at Falkirk

Back Post Misses, on 25 Feb 2015 - 15:31, said:Back Post Misses, on 25 Feb 2015 - 15:31, said:

As you have been asked by other what do you think this decent wage is? He was offered a longer term deal at Falkirk

A decent wage at Prem level? Around £1000-1200.

Where's your source that he was offered a longer term deal at Falkirk?

ETA: Let's not try and pretend there's any loyalty in football anymore. The Prem is a big allure in itself. We've offered very good deals (Indeed, the max we could afford) to club heroes such as Gary Harkins and they left for shite like St Mirren. This is no surprise, nor is it a reason to cry about like Falkirk fans seem to be doing.

Edited by Ludo *1

I'd have both Taylor and Farid over Loy to be honest just like I'd have Kingsley over Leahy, Wallace over Grant, Higginbottom over Smith or Cooper, McGrandles over Taiwo or OTJ. They've all been replaced but not with anywhere near the same standard of player in most cases I'm afraid.