The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Clubber Lang 

Maybe I am being dense here - I probably am - but why do you refer to him as such? What does that even mean? I've never seen him called this anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The ethos of One F in Falkirk and Rupert's Roar are alive and well and all the better for it.

If you dont upset apple carts then you become like that person who interviewed Bartley after QOTS matches

11 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

Maybe I am being dense here - I probably am - but why do you refer to him as such? What does that even mean? I've never seen him called this anywhere else.

Infamously clubbed a Fifer to death once in his academy days at Birmingham City 

49 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

You do know there's a well known supporter with his own business based in Sheffield who attends every game and sponsored Falkirk TV

I am but there is a loyalty to the club there and he puts his NBP's into the club, unlike wood design and illustration!!!!!!

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Why would we do that? 😂

the statement from @Blame Me that promoted my response was "FD can promote whomever they want whether the club like it or not."  one daft statement deserves another.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Don’t disagree (as we always push the clubs stuff too) but if something looks cool & made well then personally happy to give it air time & I know John does too. Same with ultras merch, prints pints merch etc. 

The club gets zero money from people spending money in the Westfield lounge too but people still do it on masse every home game. The club promote it as it’s an option for fans. We were approached (& the club aren’t selling them) so shared it. 

the club gets a portion of the bar takings in the westfield. a small one i'm told. my view is keep the NBP in the falkirk family. 

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Tbf McKenna finished with that many goals because of Joel Nouble, not sure how many of McKennas goals would’ve been directly assisted by Nouble but I can think of a handful just off the top of my head there must have been a lot. Nouble was the man uptop taking defenders away and McKenna as the 10 got plenty of soace running into and in and around the box 

its safe to say he will get plenty of supply from our 2 wingers, strikers and Aiden Nesbitt midfield as well. up until dc left you were playing the long ball mostly, we create a lot more chances with crosses and passes into the box. if he has it in his locker i expect McKenna is more than capable of scoring goals this season. 

Edited by AJ1981
to correct my duff spelling of our midfield dynamo Aiden Nesbitt.

26 minutes ago, Super Simon said:

I'm giving benefit of the doubt that I'm not being totally whooshed here....

You've not seen Rocky 3?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jimmy1876 said:

This is a really strange criticism. The podcast is completely separate from the club as it should be and the guys do a spectacular job of celebrating the club, bringing fans together and discussing almost all of the different fans views. I have zero issues with people finding unique posters and merch they want to represent their love for the club. So what if the poster maker is in Sheffield? We have Bairns fans all over the country and if it gets promoted in different areas that is a good thing as far as I'm concerned even if money doesn't directly go in. All of that being promoted on the podcast has been exactly why it's been so engaging and to an extent brought about more awareness of issues and good things that are happening to fans who maybe weren't as engaged before. 

but this guy isn't a falkirk supporter, as @Kevin James Left Knee points out it doesnt have club badge so safe to say its not endorsed by the club. it's not hard to understand we should be keeping the money in the falkirk family. if you're happy to see others benefit financially, who have no affinity or association with the club, for the efforts of the falkirk fans to rebuild the club then that's up to you. 

Edited by AJ1981
spelling

Just now, GMBairn said:

Just saw on twitter the club have sold 1700 season tickets already. Not sure how many we sold last year but that's good going in a week. 

I’m sure Jamie Swinney said 2,900 but that included 1/2 season tickets etc. 1700 is brilliant after just 1 week. I really hope & think we’ll shift over 3,000. 

Just now, RC55 FFC said:

I’m sure Jamie Swinney said 2,900 but that included 1/2 season tickets etc. 1700 is brilliant after just 1 week. I really hope & think we’ll shift over 3,000. 

Shows just how much folk are looking forward to the football again that almost 2/3rds have bought already. It would be great if we converted a lot of extra folk into seasons and the people who bought halfs all happy to come back as well.

Plenty of extra cash in the bank for summer business that way. 

3 hours ago, martin ritchie said:

Of course they can but let's face it they ain't going to upset the apple cart......unofficial it may be but its as close to the club as you can get without being official, or is that just how it looks 🤔 😆 🤣 

FD need to be independent, if they were affiliated with the club it would be a snooze fest, they wouldn't be able to say anything controversial or challenging. I think they're doing a great job and should be congratulated. But with success comes responsibility and ive covered my views on the merchandise debate on other posts. if the lads can only take praise and object to factual criticism then they're in the wrong game   lol 

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

I have a garden gnome with a Falkirk Strip on  No it was not made by the club and the money does not go into funds but he is my garden star and i am not being disloyal. 

Remove him immediately, call yourself a fan?