The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Think we’ve got that basis of a squad that can compete well but would’ve liked to have seen a few quality additions in the mode of Lang, Spencer and Miller this season to compete at the top end

RC apart (who just looked bigger fitter and better individuals) I think we only need two/three to be comfortable and aiming at top four. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

RC apart (who just looked bigger fitter and better individuals) I think we only need two/three to be comfortable and aiming at top four. 

Agreed- would be a shame to fall short because of just missing a few extra players so hopefully the proceeds from the ST uptick can be given to McGlynn.

51 minutes ago, Springfield said:

RC?

12 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Let's hope Stone and Tait can be done quickly, then we can focus all efforts on that 3rd player being someone a bit special.

A big uptake in FSS and I can see that being possible. 

I take it Ethan Ross is not coming back then? I thought he was a good option off the bench, but I suppose he'll probably want to go somewhere where he's likely to get more starts.

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I see Airdrie, Partick, Queens Park & Raith haven't even got round to releasing their season ticket prices yet 

The fact we've stolen such a march on these clubs in terms of sales must surely give us some kind of advantage? 

6 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Can’t imagine many in the league will sell 3000+ either when they do release them.

We sold over 3k this past season, and there's a real bounce around the club right now so I'd guess we'll do so again fairly comfortably. The prices have now been announced, but the tickets aren't on sale yet due to us moving to a new ticketing platform. It's unfortunate that we can't take advantage immediately of the good feeling at the club, but will be better in the long run having a more reliable ticketing setup I suppose.

I definitely agree that it's a bonus for Falkirk right now though to not only have the tickets on sale, but for the sales figures to be as high as they are. The cash will already be in the bank ready to be spent on signing targets, which might not be the case for other clubs. I'd assume that if the sales are higher than expected as well, then there's extra room to increase the initial wage budget.

12 minutes ago, Old Bob said:

I take it Ethan Ross is not coming back then? I thought he was a good option off the bench, but I suppose he'll probably want to go somewhere where he's likely to get more starts.

His contract doesn't run out till the end of this week. I'd expect to hear something after that. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

We sold over 3k this past season, and there's a real bounce around the club right now so I'd guess we'll do so again fairly comfortably. The prices have now been announced, but the tickets aren't on sale yet due to us moving to a new ticketing platform. It's unfortunate that we can't take advantage immediately of the good feeling at the club, but will be better in the long run having a more reliable ticketing setup I suppose.

I definitely agree that it's a bonus for Falkirk right now though to not only have the tickets on sale, but for the sales figures to be as high as they are. The cash will already be in the bank ready to be spent on signing targets, which might not be the case for other clubs. I'd assume that if the sales are higher than expected as well, then there's extra room to increase the initial wage budget.

You must struggle for walk up fans then going by your attendances last season or do a good few  season ticket holders not go.  I mean your game against Raith  only 2300 there that's 700 plus season ticket holders not bothering to turn up which seems crazy.

Edited by Shodwall cat

2 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

such a touching tribute to Gordon Wright in the board statement, I'm not ashamed to admit i shed a tear or two reading it. 

I was the same. A lump in my throat. What comes through was a Board that was together and with lots of respect for each other. A sad loss. 

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You must struggle for walk up fans then going by your attendances last season or do a good few  season ticket holders not go. 

The last few years we've had very high ST figures relative to walk-ups. It started with Ian McCall, who despite all his flaws was a great salesman and got people to commit to ST purchases at a rate we hadn't really had before in his last couple of seasons. And then last year even although McCall was gone people continued to buy them in good numbers support the club after the financial struggles were announced. This is a trend I can see continuing with the support that Doolan and the current team have from the fans.

Unlike certain other clubs, our attendances are still recorded as the actual attendance, and not "tickets sold". If we were following that shitty trend, we'd have had 3k STs + walk-ups + away fans, and probably had an overall "attendance" figure somewhere in the 4500 range last season, which would look a bit closer in comparison to other similarly-sized clubs who aren't declaring genuine attendances.

8 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

The last few years we've had very high ST figures relative to walk-ups. It started with Ian McCall, who despite all his flaws was a great salesman and got people to commit to ST purchases at a rate we hadn't really had before in his last couple of seasons. And then last year even although McCall was gone people continued to buy them in good numbers support the club after the financial struggles were announced. This is a trend I can see continuing with the support that Doolan and the current team have from the fans.

Unlike certain other clubs, our attendances are still recorded as the actual attendance, and not "tickets sold". If we were following that shitty trend, we'd have had 3k STs + walk-ups + away fans, and probably had an overall "attendance" figure somewhere in the 4500 range last season, which would look a bit closer in comparison to other similarly-sized clubs who aren't declaring genuine attendances.

That's still more than 700 season ticket holders not turning up which is an incredibly large percentage 

2 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

such a touching tribute to Gordon Wright in the board statement, I'm not ashamed to admit i shed a tear or two reading it. 

I did too. A really touching piece. 

#DoingItTogether

16 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Thistle do well to attract a decent crowd being in the midst of the arse cheeks. That said, Firhill isn’t as good as it used to be for an away fan perspective. 

Used to be great being along the wing at the JH stand (and the covered terrace back in the day) or even behind the goals but that main stand is pretty poor all round. 

Pubs are good though. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

That's still more than 700 season ticket holders not turning up which is an incredibly large percentage 

1) I don't know where you're getting 700 from, and 2) is it? Celtic regularly seem to have about 10-15k empty seats while their attendances are getting announced as 59k every week. Off the top of my head I can think of Hibs, Aberdeen, Dunfermline, Inverness at points this season having had relatively comparable percentages of their own ST numbers not show up to games.

Thistle announced 3k STs sold last year, and the attendance figures are what they are. Even if Thistle declare attendances differently to the clubs in the previous paragraph, let's say 2500 out of 3000 Jags ST holders are turning up for every home game - that's really not a massive outlier imo.

Also not wanting to get in a pointless debate in another club's thread. Just saw our STs mentioned in here and thought I'd clarify the position.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thistle do well to attract a decent crowd being in the midst of the arse cheeks. That said, Firhill isn’t as good as it used to be for an away fan perspective. 

Used to be great being along the wing at the JH stand (and the covered terrace back in the day) or even behind the goals but that main stand is pretty poor all round. 

Pubs are good though. 

Agreed, the Colin Weir Stand isn't great to watch football from. We've started putting the smaller away supports in the north end of the JH Stand again, which is better in just about every way, but if you're bringing more than about 500 then you'll be in the CW Stand - which you lot almost certainly will.

Edited by Nightmare

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Presume it's Ross county but they won't be in the champ so not sure.

That’s what confused me. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

... due to us moving to a new ticketing platform. It's unfortunate that we can't take advantage immediately of the good feeling at the club, but will be better in the long run having a more reliable ticketing setup I suppose

We use the same provider and wouldn't say reliability was a problem. Out of interest what issues have you had?

Edited by Blame Me

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

We use the same provider and wouldn't say reliability was a problem. Out of interest what issues have you had?

I've personally not had any issues with it, but I know there have been complaints about logins not working and tickets taking a while to get to folk. No idea if similar issues have been experienced by Falkirk fans, or indeed why the service Total Tickets have provided to PTFC would be different to FFC, but definitely heard a few moans about it over the years.

We're moving to Fanbase anyway, and I guess a benefit to that is that I think a login for it works for all other clubs who use also use Fanbase. Which certainly should streamline things a bit.