The Falkirk FC Thread

An excellent example of what the league will be like. Will have to earn every single victory and some won’t go our way that’s for sure. A deserved win though and more optimistic about our playoff chances now 

17 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Reinforced for me tho, there are some f**king tough matches ahead this season. 

That was the biggest thing for us last season after so long stuck in League One, not many completely one sides games. Obviously both our teams were deservedly in League One for so long but the biggest difference between the leagues is when you’re struggling you don’t have a run of playing bottom end League One teams like what Edinburgh City, Stirling Albion, Peterhead etc were at the time, where you can be confident of picking up some points. It feels like pretty much every game in the Championship is a real battle. 

7 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

You are right, I’m just watching the game again and the Ultra section is jammed. They have clearly bought ST’s for the KM but all want to stand it that area. Looks good though and they were immense again tonight.

It’s perfect for our group tbh. Bit too old to sit in the ultras but because they’ve doubled up we can sit the other side of the KM stand with plenty empty seats 

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

MacIver dribbling and swerving (tick) nearly scored a wonder goal (tick), being a good target man (tick), winning lots of headers (tick), laying off balls to others in dangerous positions (tick).  That's more of the style that appeals to me.  He played a blinder.   If he does that every game (or regularly) I will continue to be happy.

I apologise to those who red dotted me for liking how MacIver played tonight.  

Ran out of steam towards the end of the game but no wonder as we were everywhere. Created plenty of chances and should have been more comfortable than it ended up.

Letting Dom Thomas come in on that left peg was daft, screamer.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Ran out of steam towards the end of the game but no wonder as we were everywhere. Created plenty of chances and should have been more comfortable than it ended up.

Letting Dom Thomas come in on that left peg was daft, screamer.

I thought the lack of steam was prior to McKennas introduction. After that I felt more confident. Alfie deserves a mention too for his short spell. He does some hard yards in the time he gets. 

I like Ethan Ross and I think he's a clever footballer but I'm wondering for how long he will keep getting the bulk of the minuted over Alfie. I know who I'd back to score first between them all being equal. 

We picked man of the match tonight, and it was so hard between Spencer (who we opted for) or MacIver. Spencer just shaded it for running the midfield again. MacIver though would also have been a worthy winner. Won every header and deserved that wonder goal. So glad both are in our team.

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

We picked man of the match tonight, and it was so hard between Spencer (who we opted for) or MacIver. Spencer just shaded it for running the midfield again. MacIver though would also have been a worthy winner. Won every header and deserved that wonder goal. So glad both are in our team.

I'd have given it to Spencer aswell if forced to pick 

16 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I thought the lack of steam was prior to McKennas introduction. After that I felt more confident. Alfie deserves a mention too for his short spell. He does some hard yards in the time he gets. 

I like Ethan Ross and I think he's a clever footballer but I'm wondering for how long he will keep getting the bulk of the minuted over Alfie. I know who I'd back to score first between them all being equal. 

Think it’s more that Ross is a left winger and Alfie is a right winger. He took Calvin miller off first today. Like for like change. 

27 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Quite a few seats empty in main stand too, just think with rain forecast, game on TV and still thick in holiday season a lot of season ticket holders weren't there.

Overheard a director say so many people buy U12 season tickets that are used for a few games at most and that it needs looking into. 

3 minutes ago, Blane Fonda said:

Overheard a director say so many people buy U12 season tickets that are used for a few games at most and that it needs looking into. 

Definitely the case that folk take them cos they might aswell being free

Hoping Donaldson was more of a fatigue issue with just coming back from injury. Doubt it though, knowing our luck. If there is any money at all; a centre back should be a priority imo. Also frees up Hendo to move into midfield need be. Think a Montrose fan was on the forum a few months ago stating ourselves and someone else were in for Luke Graham at Dundee. Could be worth a punt on loan. 

Great win tonight. The players put so much in to the 1st half with high intensity, so it was no surprise 2nd half the tempo dropped a bit. Thought it was a 2-1 win going on maybe 4 or 5-1 if we had a bit more luck. Terrible ref. The teams a joy to watch and every player dug in and won their battles, a complete team unit. Thought it was Mackie’s best game in a Falkirk shirt IMO. Tait and Spencer make a great double act, and Hogarth played his best game too I thought. A lot to be positive about as we find our feet in the Champ, and a wee statement of intent. That makes us invincible spanning 3 different League seasons, I believe? COYB. 

8 hours ago, Scott said:

I'm in Kilimanjaro the now and was hoping to purchase the game on Falkirk TV. Can only see an option for audio however. Does anyone know if we are streaming the game or are we not because it's live on BBC (Can't get the BBC feed here)

Did you have to climb to the top to get a signal?

It’s difficult to keep a level head tonight, after such a thrilling game (two very good Championship sides, on a pitch designed for football) and an excellent team performance. 
Much like Mr McGlynn in his post match interviews - BBC tv and Falkirk tv - I’m still wired to the moon at 3am. 

I guess it was the surprisingly very fine performances from unexpected positions - yes Hogarth & Mackie, I mean you both. Wow! 
Match winners, except the whole team - including subs - were in that category. Ross MacIver……..

Just how do Finn & Leon get back in that team? Might they improve the side? And Alfie……?

No doubt there’ll be hard times to come but what was it that Kipling said about Triumph & Disaster? John & Paul deserve such plaudits too, the very epitome of the whole being greater than the individual parts. 
A great time to be a Falkirk fan.