The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I also think stick to our usual formation/shape and have a go.  It's odds on we're going to lose so let's go down fighting.   We're at our best when we're knocking the ball about and as a wise man one said, the best form of defence is attack.  

I agree. We could play the likes of Yeats and McCann in place of Ageyman and Miller for example to try to nullify them, but I don't think that would make much difference. I'd rather we tried to show that we're capable of playing good football and try to take the game to them. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree. We could play the likes of Yeats and McCann in place of Ageyman and Miller for example to try to nullify them, but I don't think that would make much difference. I'd rather we tried to show that we're capable of playing good football and try to take the game to them. 

Change of shape does not go well for us - Edinburgh last season. Let them play there usual game and see what happens

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I don’t think J&P will tinker too much. With the likely 100 mile assault from kick off, we’re going to be at the top of our game defensively. Could Yeats get a starting slot ?

Not sure why. Spencer and Tait do a power of work and are crucial to any sort of ball retention we can muster. I don't think I'd change much of anything other than it being a game where Nesbitts workmate would be handy so if he was able.... 

As far as how we approach it.... We probably need Nicky to be a touch more than usual aware that sometimes it's OK to launch it to f**k. And the defenders to be really aware of movement between the CHs and FBs. Hearts done us in that area couple of times early albeit to no effect in the end. I expect Celtic to be a cut above in terms of movement of the forward players so a hard shift at the back.  

Also assume Celtic will be starting with 12 in their team as usual. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not hugely.convinced Brown is the biggest threat in the division.

Maybe they ought to be having a word with Davie Martindale....

I agree that Broonie isn’t a threat but I do think he ticks the boxes for Kudos with the new American owner up in Pete, eg ex Old Firm legend etc.

33 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure why. Spencer and Tait do a power of work and are crucial to any sort of ball retention we can muster. I don't think I'd change much of anything other than it being a game where Nesbitts workmate would be handy so if he was able.... 

As far as how we approach it.... We probably need Nicky to be a touch more than usual aware that sometimes it's OK to launch it to f**k. And the defenders to be really aware of movement between the CHs and FBs. Hearts done us in that area couple of times early albeit to no effect in the end. I expect Celtic to be a cut above in terms of movement of the forward players so a hard shift at the back.  

Also assume Celtic will be starting with 12 in their team as usual. 

Was just looking something up on better meddle there from the 86/87 season and there's a video of the Celtic game at Brockville. Alan McInally fouls Jim Dempsey in our box, so, obviously that's a Celtic penalty. Have a look, it's in the 2nd half. (McClair missed it but the b*****ds still managed to win 1-0.)

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Was just looking something up on better meddle there from the 86/87 season and there's a video of the Celtic game at Brockville. Alan McInally fouls Jim Dempsey in our box, so, obviously that's a Celtic penalty. Have a look, it's in the 2nd half. (McClair missed it but the b*****ds still managed to win 1-0.)

I still have nightmares over the game at Brockville where we were bearing them 4 2 with five mins to go only to end up losing 5 4 🙈

11 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

I still have nightmares over the game at Brockville where we were bearing them 4 2 with five mins to go only to end up losing 5 4 🙈

I think it was 4-3 with about 20 left and they scored two late goals to win. Forbes Johnston got sent off too IIRC.

I'd be willing to bet most of worldly possessions that Celtic get some sort of dodgy VAR-assisted penalty on Sunday.

Was supposed to make things fairer but has had the absolute opposite effect for the arsecheeks.

Not looking forward to it at any of our games if we are promoted 

On 16/09/2024 at 13:02, RC55 FFC said:

OUT NOW P&B Bairns👇🏼. Let us know your thoughts on this weeks extra long podcast (we’ve had a few lately). 

🆕🎙️EP:97 BRING ON THE CELTIC

🔵 Review the 2-0 win over Airdrie with guest pundit & Elliot’s legend Brian Stuart ♦️
⚪️ EXCLUSIVE interview with Paul Berry - Sales Manager for @ONeillsSportsUK 👕
🔵 Preview the Celtic cup tie with Chris Toal from @Pint2Shots podcast & Craig McCaffery 🍀
⚪️ PLUS All of the latest FFC news dissected 🗞️

Sponsors: Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall 🤝🏼

E96D01B8-5F8E-43E9-97A5-8ADDC98A3130.thumb.jpeg.98a237e1f36b46d1158dff0714274d72.jpeg

Looks like the O’Neills interview has landed well which is great. Paul is a brilliant guy and worth a listen if you haven’t already. 

We chatted about: 

🤝🏼 Partnership with @FalkirkFC & @GreavesSports 
👕 Kit designs chat
⚔️ Next heritage kit? 
👴🏼 Retro Kits, which one is next?
📈 Who sells more kit…Falkirk, Thistle or Ayr?
& much, much more…

🎙️EP:97 BRING ON THE CELTIC!

IMG_1975.thumb.jpeg.0ef60e9d6adbfdd3e2ad4fe1f5da16d1.jpeg