The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe the womens team are largely self-funding now. Because if they weren't and were costing the Foundation money they probably wouldn't be allowed to exist. Though I'm happy to be corrected if you or anyone else knows otherwise. 

If the club took them on board there is the potential for FFC to help them with costs of things like team buses, training kit, video analysis, pitch hire fees, match balls, ref fees etc but as everyone involved is a volunteer I suspect those costs could be so low that they would have no impact on the running of the professional mens team. 

I don't think they need funds and the patronage of the club to exist. But the additional resources they would have access to would help them get better. Never mind having a professional commercial team to help them raise revenue instead of having to do it themselves after the coaches finish their day jobs. 

Why don’t the club help anyway? 

Just now, Dade said:

Why don’t the club help anyway? 

I have no idea and can't answer for those who make the decisions, such as the BOD and CEO.

Probably because money is limited and as fans we all want it spent on a new signing, a contract extension or an East stand. Can you imagine the furore if it got out that some of their spare cash was being spent on a team who have nothing to do with them?  As the women are under the umbrella of the Foundation? 

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I have no idea and can't answer for those who make the decisions, such as the BOD and CEO.

Probably because money is limited and as fans we all want it spent on a new signing, a contract extension or an East stand. Can you imagine the furore if it got out that some of their spare cash was being spent on a team who have nothing to do with them?  As the women are under the umbrella of the Foundation? 

You probably hit the nail on the head then as to why they aren’t run by the club, which I mentioned earlier. If the ladies team want to be run by the club and the club are happy to do it then I doubt the Foundation would step in their way as helping fund them is above their remit, as has been pointed out. 

Edited by Dade

2 minutes ago, Dade said:

You probably hit the nail on the head then as to why they aren’t run by the club, which I mentioned earlier. If the ladies team want to be run by the club and the club are happy to do it then I doubt the Foundation would step in the way as helping fund them is above their remit, as has been pointed out. 

It would depend on the amounts involved. If the women were part of the club and FFC gave them say (picking a figure out of thin air) five grand I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid. That wouldn't pay for a professional mens footballer, but it would pay for a VEO analysis camera for several years. Instead of needing the womens media students mum to make recordings on a camcorder which the manager bought on the high street. 

But if that money were given to a Foundation team instead of a club one I suspect someone would make an issue of it. 

29 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It would depend on the amounts involved. If the women were part of the club and FFC gave them say (picking a figure out of thin air) five grand I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid. That wouldn't pay for a professional mens footballer, but it would pay for a VEO analysis camera for several years. Instead of needing the womens media students mum to make recordings on a camcorder which the manager bought on the high street. 

But if that money were given to a Foundation team instead of a club one I suspect someone would make an issue of it. 

What difference does it having the women’s team as part of the club or giving their charity partner some money and resources to help them? 

As far as fans are concerned, Falkirk women’s team are part of our club anyway so not sure I follow your argument about some making an issue of spending money on them regardless of whether they are run by the Foundation or club. 

Personally, I’m not against the team being run by the club but some people don’t want any money diverted from the men’s team so what difference does it make, who runs them? At least the Foundation has the benefit of receiving gift aid on donations. 

Edited by Dade

48 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Just went to buy Raith tickets - 24 quid for a Scottish second tier match is a piss take btw. Saw Hamilton also 'listened to fan feedback' during the week and reduced their adult prices from £26 to... £25. 

For what it's worth, I know we charge £21. I do feel once you're over the 20 quid mark, every increase becomes more and more galling, even if - on paper - it is marginal. I'm also aware I'm totally pissing into the wind when it comes to ticket pricing chat, but there is no real need for a ticket to a Scottish Championship match to cost any more than £20.

Raith charging us and Dunfermline £2 a head more than the rest of the league is pretty poor imo 

Still, I suppose strong pie sales and cocaine money will only get you so far as a football club