The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Im really not sure why you're struggling with this. Its almost certain that Dobbies wage, at least roughly, is known by people in football either because they found out as part of their job or they've spoken to someone else within the game who knows. That will be the same with almost every other player at any level.

The issue, though, is that Houston has divulged this information to the public. No one else has. Queens havent, neither has the player. In fact, his wages havent even be commented on or guessed on this, or other Queens, forums. f**k sake, even a clown like Neil Lennon was professional enough not to talk about it. How many managers of other clubs have publicly quoted Falkirks players wages? 

Theres a huge difference between people knowing something and it being in the public domain.

Yes, thats what I said :rolleyes: 

Its been discussed before, but he definitely had other offers from clubs in England. You'd have to assume they were offering more money. I dont know if it was substantially more because, you know, people dont generally talk about wages in public.

Of course he's our highest earner. No ones disputing that.

I doubt many Falkirk fans could care less what Dobbie earns, which makes Houstons actions all the more bizarre.

Unless he is trying to point out to our fan base  that our current wage cap prevents him from doing a similar deal for anyone of that ilk which would therefore interest our support .  I doubt anyone would be interested in any of our players wages as their all pretty ordinary. Dobbie on the other hand is probably on more money than anyone outwith Hibs and DU. If i was a queens fan I wouldnae be giving a toss what hes on or who knows what he's on as long as he's doing the business on the park which he currently is. If that continues then its money well spent.  Its a bit like when we had Stainrod but on a smaller scale.

Its been discussed before, but he definitely had other offers from clubs in England. You'd have to assume they were offering more money. I dont know if it was substantially more because, you know, people dont generally talk about wages in public.

Of course he's our highest earner. No ones disputing that.

I doubt many Falkirk fans could care less what Dobbie earns, which makes Houstons actions all the more bizarre.

Why all the wet knickers scenario from Queens and a team that seemingly won a cup recently ?

A manager shockingly states something that makes him look good shocker, that won't happen again thus season, never mind the next time one opens his mouth.

Houstie commented very similar regarding the wage Loy would get going to Dundee pre his move there at the last fan meeting I was at, no knicker wetting followed.

The other points made regarding choosing a 5x wage and other clubs are pointless as he is a queens player now but the facts are, he was without a club when the league started to of which Queens benefited for now, the long term, only time will tell

That would just be too much to ask. I see dunfermline have signed nicky Clark from Bury.  Decent signing.

A guy that's failed twice at this level and has only lasted few weeks at his new club, sounds a player

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Why all the wet knickers scenario from Queens and a team that seemingly won a cup recently ?

A manager shockingly states something that makes him look good shocker, that won't happen again thus season, never mind the next time one opens his mouth.

Houstie commented very similar regarding the wage Loy would get going to Dundee pre his move there at the last fan meeting I was at, no knicker wetting followed.

Theres no knicker wetting here either. Another concept some Falkirk fans seem unable to grasp is that this is a multi club forum and so fans of other clubs are going to comment on Falkirk related things. Of course, this also relates to Queens. Its a forum for discussions.

31 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The other points made regarding choosing a 5x wage and other clubs are pointless as he is a queens player now but the facts are, he was without a club when the league started to of which Queens benefited for now, the long term, only time will tell

You're the one you brought up £10k a week :rolleyes:

He was without a club but he had offers from more than one club, including Queens. He chose Queens. Money wasnt the motivating factor. Im not sure I can spell it out any simpler for you.

He signed an extension to his contract last week so he's here for 2 seasons at least :)

^ This.

to the comments that Austin has done more on the park than Baird or Miller - behave!

Austin has done the square root of f**k all for us so far. I'm sure that will change but presently he's Biabi standard for me with a lot to prove at this level. He offers a good option to us but is absolutely miles off being first name on team sheet for me.

He has not started a league game so how can he be properly judged? He came on at Cappilow and he and Hyppolyte changed the game. What happens at Dumfries, not seen till the last 20 minutes when Houston's negative tactics had already cast their spell and we had lost by the time the two were introduced. Miller was horrific at Cappilow, Baird has been horrific since February but I don't see them getting the "you must do better son" public lecture.

Houston has credit in the bank from last year, I supported him year 1 when loads were on his case however he is the one that needs to up his game for me. Iffy signings and negative tactics have all th hallmarks of his first season.

40 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

On the subject of old sevconians, anyone know what the score is with David Templeton? I see they released him end of last season but remember him being a player.

Must still be relatively young, might be worth a look assuming he's not a crock nowdays

Can't see him wanting to play on astro  every other week with his injury record.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

He has not started a league game so how can he be properly judged? He came on at Cappilow and he and Hyppolyte changed the game. What happens at Dumfries, not seen till the last 20 minutes when Houston's negative tactics had already cast their spell and we had lost by the time the two were introduced. Miller was horrific at Cappilow, Baird has been horrific since February but I don't see them getting the "you must do better son" public lecture.

Houston has credit in the bank from last year, I supported him year 1 when loads were on his case however he is the one that needs to up his game for me. Iffy signings and negative tactics have all th hallmarks of his first season.

Exactly. So if you are giving Houston credit as you say are, you not happy to accept his judgement that Austin doesn't deserve a start yet?

Baird has been honking but does he not get credit for last season as a whole? His goals were crucial to our success last year. 

It's been Hippo that changed games from my perspective, not Austin.

Negative tactics at Queens ?

Playing a midfield diamond with Sibbs being in the position a lot of fans want to see him in and playing two up front is not negative.

The sub's at Queens also made no difference, the defending was the difference

One up top, I'll give you negative in which Houstie has only done for 45mins v Away to St Johnstone, something we seen week in week out under Elvis

You're the one you brought up £10k a week :rolleyes:

He was without a club but he had offers from more than one club, including Queens. He chose Queens. Money wasnt the motivating factor. Im not sure I can spell it out any simpler for you.

He signed an extension to his contract last week so he's here for 2 seasons at least [emoji4]

I also said its pointless the points made re 10k other clubs as he is a queens player, so keep on discussing the pointless in the multi club forum I've never had an issue with

Interesting to hear the board say that some of what we make in future sales will be used to strengthen the team.

That would mean next season the only ones we would be looking at getting any real money for would be Sibbs, Leahy O'hara or Gallagher. Possibly Grant if he plays well.

The board throwing the dice and hoping for ICT and Hamilton to come down, with Hibs and Dundee Utd going up (if not us of course).