The Falkirk FC Thread

On 10/29/2016 at 02:39, Gaz FFC said:

I very much doubt that anything othee than seats will go in the East end.

Safe standing is too expensive for FFC and it certainly won't be a giant  terracing either

I know it is not on the horizon (based on what you said) but a safe standing or even a traditional terrace with a segregation fence would give a shout back to the Brockville experience and was certainly one of my favourite away days. 

7 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I apologise for not being a happy clapper. Nothing wrong with thinking that we can do better.

We over achieved last season, I'm not an overall of budgets = placing but on paper that's how it's generated. so on paper we should finish 3rd 4th, which i believe we will.

Look at st mirren on paper they are probably in the same boat as us. the folk that are criticising our play, my opinion is it's not changed msuch from last season only we have lost Vaulks who most weeks was 5star, Sibbs struggles at times to get a 2. folk looking we should replace Vaulks like for like obviously don't know much, if it was that easy the for sale signs would be up more. 

Be the doom merchant but one look at st mirren tells you it's not that bad after just over the quarter of the season

8 hours ago, MrDust said:

We over achieved last season, I'm not an overall of budgets = placing but on paper that's how it's generated. so on paper we should finish 3rd 4th, which i believe we will.

Look at st mirren on paper they are probably in the same boat as us. the folk that are criticising our play, my opinion is it's not changed msuch from last season only we have lost Vaulks who most weeks was 5star, Sibbs struggles at times to get a 2. folk looking we should replace Vaulks like for like obviously don't know much, if it was that easy the for sale signs would be up more. 

Be the doom merchant but one look at st mirren tells you it's not that bad after just over the quarter of the season

This is our 7th season down here though and can anyone say we're any closer to getting out of this league? Yes you'd be lucky to replace Vaulks with as good a player but surely whoever's replacing his wages should be good enough to start each week and not a bench warmer. With Taiwo, Kerr and Henderson signed was there really the need for another central midfielder especially one like Rankin? Hippo apart we lack pace throughout the side so why not look for someone with a bit of trickery and pace. Christ I'd rather have the likes of Bobby Barr over Craigen or Taiwo wide right. To me none of Houstons signings have improved that area in the first team. Kidd is no better than Muirhead,Taiwo is preferred wide right to Craigen which says it all about him and Rankin can't get a game most weeks as Kerr is Houston's preferred starter. If these signings had been far better we perhaps wouldnt have noticed the void left by Vaulks and Alston but because they've been so poor we're missing them even more than perhaps we should.

1 minute ago, BountyBairn said:

Anyone got updates on how Ohara is playing, think I seen that he played in development squad recently - has his loan finished?

It's part of the loan deal that he still plays development games. Last I checked Insall was preferred over him. 

45 minutes ago, thelocalcat said:

It's part of the loan deal that he still plays development games. Last I checked Insall was preferred over him. 

Cheers, i think we need to consider bringing him back. He's shown promise in the first team when in last time he got a few games. Big Lee isn't getting any younger and both him and shepherd need to be getting game time and let's be honest more options up front would be handy when things aren't going well up front - he offers a bit of pace.

This is our 7th season down here though and can anyone say we're any closer to getting out of this league? Yes you'd be lucky to replace Vaulks with as good a player but surely whoever's replacing his wages should be good enough to start each week and not a bench warmer. With Taiwo, Kerr and Henderson signed was there really the need for another central midfielder especially one like Rankin? Hippo apart we lack pace throughout the side so why not look for someone with a bit of trickery and pace. Christ I'd rather have the likes of Bobby Barr over Craigen or Taiwo wide right. To me none of Houstons signings have improved that area in the first team. Kidd is no better than Muirhead,Taiwo is preferred wide right to Craigen which says it all about him and Rankin can't get a game most weeks as Kerr is Houston's preferred starter. If these signings had been far better we perhaps wouldnt have noticed the void left by Vaulks and Alston but because they've been so poor we're missing them even more than perhaps we should.

Bobby Barr is absolutely awful on the right. So I don't know why you'd rather him than Craigen or Taiwo.

I notice that Rogers is one of 5 goalkeepers in the ROI provisional squad. Hopefully he'll get overlooked for the final squad so that he can play against Hibs on the 12th.  Mcginn has been called up for Hibs which will make him unavailable which is a bonus.

McGinn has already said he'll travel from Wembley for it. Unlucky m8

2 hours ago, razamanaz said:

:Location: Australia - seen a lot of them have you?  or no one should slag them, accept anything - it's still grim to watch. Not talking pish, just an opinion

I've attended the majority of games this season, have you?

Whilst we haven't performed as well as I would have liked or indeed expected, to suggest that we are worse than the team at the bottom of the league, who were described by Morton fans as the worst that they've seen is crazy IMO! St Mirren fans themselves are agreeing ffs!

Nobody knows how the remainder of the season may pan out and Morton may very well beat us on Saturday but to say we're worse than St Mirren at this point? Nah.