The Falkirk FC Thread

There is no doubting there will be some out there who will get tickets for mates/family members who haven't been to a game before or in a while.

Whereas there will be others like myself last year who got 10 tickets (for me and the lads that sit around me who are all season ticket holders).

17 minutes ago, Crawford Baptie said:

There is no doubting there will be some out there who will get tickets for mates/family members who haven't been to a game before or in a while.

Whereas there will be others like myself last year who got 10 tickets (for me and the lads that sit around me who are all season ticket holders).

Correct why should season ticket holders be able to buy tickets for any tom, dick or harry before guys that patg every week?

Unless I'm missing something, the comms says ST holders seats are guaranteed during the ST sale? 10 additional seems excessive but each of the 3000 ST holders will get one.

If I was a non ST holder and knew no one with a ST I may be worried though.

12 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Unless I'm missing something, the comms says ST holders seats are guaranteed during the ST sale? 10 additional seems excessive but each of the 3000 ST holders will get one.

Whats the reason for season ticket holders being able to buy more than their own seat anyway? I mean going by this if they are a main stand season ticket holder they can buy their own seat and 10 other seats located somewhere totally different.  

What about opening half the North Stand to home supporters as well?
Perfectly reasonable to give 1,000 tickets to the away support imo

Sounds good in theory until the other team reciprocate at their match and we barely get any tickets.

I would think part of their thinking would that if the ST's are buying more than just their ticket then there wont be the same issues with huge queues if it gets to that.

There wont be many who go regularly who wont know a ST holder I would imagine.

Whatever they do there will be complaints.

One thing that is just so 1980's is CASH ONLY. FFS these machines cost hehaw to only have one is ridiculous and if someone is paying by debit card the charges are tiny. They could easily have added a levy for CC payment.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Sounds good in theory until the other team reciprocate at their match and we barely get any tickets.

Surely other clubs would want every seat filled/as much cash as possible though? Even Dundee would struggle to sell out more than three sides of their ground 

Surely other clubs would want every seat filled/as much cash as possible though? Even Dundee would struggle to sell out more than three sides of their ground 

A couple of years ago Motherwell gave Sevco 1100 tickets as that's all they got at Ibrox. The remainder of the big away stand at Fir Park lay empty.

I would think part of their thinking would that if the ST's are buying more than just their ticket then there wont be the same issues with huge queues if it gets to that.
There wont be many who go regularly who wont know a ST holder I would imagine.
Whatever they do there will be complaints.
One thing that is just so 1980's is CASH ONLY. FFS these machines cost hehaw to only have one is ridiculous and if someone is paying by debit card the charges are tiny. They could easily have added a levy for CC payment.

Agreed.

It got changed after being up for a wee while.

I would'very thought that after last year we would've got better technology up and running straight away to ease this issue. A decent online booking system that allows season ticket holders to go on and book their own seats immediately for starters. That then cuts out 3000 odd straight away without any queues needed for them at all. Then a simple points system for non season ticket holders. Can't be that difficult to issue a card which gets updated every game you go to. Their next in the list. After that you get a simple public sale online, on the phone or in person at the ground.  I mean footballs been selling ticjets for years and yet we still haven't a clue how to do it properly. It's ridiculous.

A couple of years ago Motherwell gave Sevco 1100 tickets as that's all they got at Ibrox. The remainder of the big away stand at Fir Park lay empty.

Did Kilmarnock not also provide us with only one stand last season as they were concerned that we would out sing them? There were large spaces at the final in the Kilmarnock ends despite Falkirk filling the away stand.