The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Craigen was absolute mint in the play-offs. Can see him being a big player for us next season, thats if Housty plays him in the right position.

about a week ago i would of been worried of Sibbald leaving but if we stick Craigen in the hole i see him scoring and creating more imo.

about a week ago i would of been worried of Sibbald leaving but if we stick Craigen in the hole i see him scoring and creating more imo.

We have now gone from Craigen being one of our worst ever signings in recent weeks to our main man in midfield.

Now we are at it with Stanton....and we don't even know if he's signed.

Falkirk fans...you gotta love us![emoji16]

I was always a Craigen lover. Lol. Knew he had potential even when he was getting a slating because I could see Houston was playing him in a position he wasn't comfortable with. He has terrific technique! That's what baffles me about Houston at times, playing players out of position and expecting them to adapt quickly and wondering why they don't and players are getting stick from us fans.
If we have started the recruitment already in the shape of Stanton then Houston is obviously here to stay and is identifying his targets early doors. As for Kerr, not fussed if he stays or goes as long as he isn't first choice. It's clearly obvious he manages 55 mins at best, then is gone. An old head to come on in the second half to see the youngsters through to full time and be a calming influence but never a starter please!!

33 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

We have now gone from Craigen being one of our worst ever signings in recent weeks to our main man in midfield.

Now we are at it with Stanton....and we don't even know if he's signed.

Falkirk fans...you gotta love us!emoji16.png

Can someone start u rumour that we've signed a decent player then for a change.

XI for me next year.

Thomson

New RB Grant New CB Gallacher

Mckee

New RM Hippo

Craigen

Austin New ST

Would punt Watson and Gaspo, both far too prone to an accident, new RB for obvious reasons, New RM for decent width for a change and Austin will give us lots next year but imo we still need someone next to him who is gonna give 15+ a season, Loy was a decent shout.

Do you mean that they've got a 'play x# of games = new contract' type deal, as McCracken apparently had, or is that just in your opinion? If it's the former do you know if this is something that we offer to most of the squad?

McCracken type contract I believe

Can someone start u rumour that we've signed a decent player then for a change.

Personally I would prefer to wait and see. Not sure I agree that major signings are needed. One or two changes maybe but the bones of an improving side are there with Craigen and McKee adding strength to our midfield.

For me the problem is at centre backs. I am not sure the player to partner Grant is there. If we sort that out I think we can progress.

A lot is made of the strikers but scoring goals collectively does not appear to be our main issue.

I reckon Rory loy would be a decent replacement for McHugh and Baird. Guaranteed 15-17 goals a season in the champ and would be a great partner for Austin. He's the kind of player we should be in for quick and not players like Stanton who will still be looking for a game with someone come August.
It's pretty obvious that our previous MO isn't working as we've been in this league now for 8 years.

Stanton looking for a club in August. He has one. He is currently a Hibs player for another year.

You need to get rid of those angry pills. 2017/18 should be your chill out season

2 minutes ago, RichieBairn said:

Thomson
New RB Grant Muirhead Gallagher
New RM McKee Hippo
Craigen
Austin O'Hara

I wanted to see that ST partnership for about half of the season but if we are gonna push for the title as Houston claims it surely cant be two strikers that young.

Let Muirhead know he will be first choice CB from the start of the season and give him a good run of games there and he will be ok. Luca too slow but keep Watson as back up.

I am curious why so many think Muirhead would be a better CB than Watson. I have not really seen that much evidence that he would be a more secure defender in that position?

I am curious why so many think Muirhead would be a better CB than Watson. I have not really seen that much evidence that he would be a more secure defender in that position?

To be fair there isn't much between Watson and Muirhead IMO I just think Muirhead deserves a run in the team at CB with a natural RB outside him if we can find one. Luca is 3rd choice as a partner for Grant IMO.

To be fair there isn't much between Watson and Muirhead IMO I just think Muirhead deserves a run in the team at CB with a natural RB outside him if we can find one. Luca is 3rd choice as a partner for Grant IMO.

I'd speculate that they have probably tried that partnership in training and concluded that Watson is the better central partner. Of course no evidence to prove that this is indeed the case though.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Do you mean that they've got a 'play x# of games = new contract' type deal, as McCracken apparently had, or is that just in your opinion? If it's the former do you know if this is something that we offer to most of the squad?

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McCracken type contract I believe

I wouldn't imagine it would be on offer automatically.

However, if we want a player to sign or extend a deal and his agent demands that clause in the contract, I doubt it would be a deal-breaker. It wouldn't have gotten Alex Cooper or David Smith another year with us, for example.

It benefitted Cracks because of the injury situation with Grant and the lack of suitable cover from the U20s, but I don't think the same would apply to Kerr or Baird. If both do sign on again, and turn out rank next season, there are enough good youngsters in their positions for the U20s to replace them regardless of whether we bring in anyone new. 

I'm hoping we'll see a lot more of Blues, Shepherd and O' Hara next year. Henderson has looked decent at times too, though I've no idea what his current form is with him being at Cowdenbeath.

I wouldn't imagine it would be on offer automatically.
However, if we want a player to sign or extend a deal and his agent demands that clause in the contract, I doubt it would be a deal-breaker. It wouldn't have gotten Alex Cooper or David Smith another year with us, for example.
It benefitted Cracks because of the injury situation with Grant and the lack of suitable cover from the U20s, but I don't think the same would apply to Kerr or Baird. If both do sign on again, and turn out rank next season, there are enough good youngsters in their positions for the U20s to replace them regardless of whether we bring in anyone new. 
I'm hoping we'll see a lot more of Blues, Shepherd and O' Hara next year. Henderson has looked decent at times too, though I've no idea what his current form is with him being at Cowdenbeath.

Speaking to people around the 20's they don't think Blues is anywhere near ready for the first team.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Speaking to people around the 20's they don't think Blues is anywhere near ready for the first team.

I think that's a given just now, as all he did this year at first team level was play for about 15 minutes down at Ayr when he made his debut. He's very good at U20 level though, why is why I'd like to see him given a crack at it.

I didn't think McGrandles was ready for the first team when we threw him in and look how he turned out.