The Falkirk FC Thread

Excellent first half, some really good interplay. The subs took the edge off the game. We need to keep Austin fit he looked really sharp and should have scored more. TT had an excellent game before Kerr came on[emoji4]. Harris played some decent stuff and showed some pace. More promising than at the same stage last season COYB.

Enjoyed that. For the majority of the game it was an absolute stroll so difficult to judge but Loy was different class. Reckon he only looks about 75% fit so he can only get better and his reading of the game is different class. Slide pass to Taiwo in first half was sublime although Taiwo fluffed his lines when clean through. Him and Austin look great together. Shout out to Finlayson who I thought was good and Luca was excellent. Grant still gives away too many soft free kicks for my liking and will be punished by better teams. He seems to dive in too much. No negativity apart from Kerr I'm afraid. Even against the Albion midfield he looked poor and pedestrian. Like Thomson in goal who barks at his defence all game. O'Hara has definitely bulked up and looked lively. The thing I like about him is he hits the target every time and makes the 'keeper work where rebounds can go anywhere. Next please!!

Enjoyed that. For the majority of the game it was an absolute stroll so difficult to judge but Loy was different class. Reckon he only looks about 75% fit so he can only get better and his reading of the game is different class. Slide pass to Taiwo in first half was sublime although Taiwo fluffed his lines when clean through. Him and Austin look great together. Shout out to Finlayson who I thought was good and Luca was excellent. Grant still gives away too many soft free kicks for my liking and will be punished by better teams. He seems to dive in too much. No negativity apart from Kerr I'm afraid. Even against the Albion midfield he looked poor and pedestrian. Like Thomson in goal who barks at his defence all game. O'Hara has definitely bulked up and looked lively. The thing I like about him is he hits the target every time and makes the 'keeper work where rebounds can go anywhere. Next please!!

I am guessing you mean Gallagher rather than Finlayson who never even made the bench?

11 minutes ago, Rugster said:

For fucks sake

Sorry for asking a question. Just seems strange he's not kicked a ball in the last two games.  I'd have preferred him at left wing when McKee came off pushing craigen into the middle with taiwo instead of the taiwo Kerr partnership of doom.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Sorry for asking a question. Just seems strange he's not kicked a ball in the last two games.  I'd have preferred him at left wing when McKee came off pushing craigen into the middle with taiwo instead of the taiwo Kerr partnership of doom.

You're the prophet of fucking doom man. 

Have to say I agree with this. Kerr coming on slows the game down, bring Hippo on and push Craigen into the middle adds pace against a tiring defence.

Early days though and don't want to be too critical as all in all it was a great team performance.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Id repeat the same thot, tho same could be said for Miller too.

Miller should only be used if we are chasing a game where its route one. I can see the thinking tho, giving Kerr and Miller game time but we know what both players can do so didnt see the point in the subs. The subs  took the directness of our play out of it.

Decent performance, double MOM Loy and Taiwo

Don't often agree with you Shadwell but I would have liked to see Craigen pushed into the middle too.

Id repeat the same thot, tho same could be said for Miller too.
Miller should only be used if we are chasing a game where its route one. I can see the thinking tho, giving Kerr and Miller game time but we know what both players can do so didnt see the point in the subs. The subs  took the directness of our play out of it.
Decent performance, double MOM Loy and Taiwo

Thought Harris and McKee looked really good too. Taiwo probably edged it overall though.

O'Hara looked excellent when he came on. Very lively and wasn't afraid to shoot. 

Shadwell - Hippo took a knock on Monday and never trained until Thursday during the week. Not worth risking him in a game that was already won.

I've really liked the look of Harris so far, albeit against inferior opposition.