The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, DeeBairn said:

I can't see it either. I'm not however the Watford manager and have no idea who is joining, leaving or injured. And I'd imagine that any sensible coach doesn't send players out until he knows what he has to work with, unless those players are not wanted. And I get the feeling that Jak is wanted long term, or he would surely have been released or out on loan by now. 

Why? Many English clubs at a higher level than ourselves have just started conducting their business. He may feel he wants Jak to have a go on loan at one of these clubs but needs to wait. Its only the start of July. Not every club is as organised as us. 

If it’s up to the player, he will be back up with us. But it likely won’t be just up to him and if another club fancy him & can pay more of his wages then we may not see him back.

Have a feeling we will though [emoji4].

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

If it’s up to the player, he will be back up with us. But it likely won’t be just up to him and if another club fancy him & can pay more of his wages then we may not see him back.

Have a feeling we will though emoji4.png.

This

Good things come to those who wait and all that. 

1 hour ago, Believe The Hype said:

Why? Many English clubs at a higher level than ourselves have just started conducting their business. He may feel he wants Jak to have a go on loan at one of these clubs but needs to wait. Its only the start of July. Not every club is as organised as us. 

I don't think we are disagreeing. I'm merely saying that I think Jak is still wanted by Watford and that they are waiting to see how their squad shapes up before they decide to send him out or not. I mean, we don't need Sheps or O'Hara, but we've done nothing with them as we are still short up front. 

I don't think we are disagreeing. I'm merely saying that I think Jak is still wanted by Watford and that they are waiting to see how their squad shapes up before they decide to send him out or not. I mean, we don't need Sheps or O'Hara, but we've done nothing with them as we are still short up front. 
I can't see O'Hara going out on loan. Why give him a 1 year deal to put him on loan? Think he'll be kept as a backup even if he is fifth choice

5 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I can't see O'Hara going out on loan. Why give him a 1 year deal to put him on loan? Think he'll be kept as a backup even if he is fifth choice

I think Hartley sees O'Hara as an important part of the squad. I can only see us bringing in 1 more striker whether that's Jakubiak or not which would then make O'Hara 4th choice.

Edited by EdiBairn

Guest Back Post Misses

Organised as us? Christ there must be some clusterfucks of clubs out there if we are one of the organised ones

Guest Back Post Misses
I think there was a problem with the FFC TV equipment as although Lewis & Stuart filmed the first half they weren't on the gantry in the second. I believe the club were going to get highlights from Aberdeen. They may be waiting on those coming through.

Highlights on Sky.

Only Aberdeen attack shown is their goal

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Have a feeling we will though emoji4.png.

This is very sweet.

13 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Organised as us? Christ there must be some clusterfucks of clubs out there if we are one of the organised ones

Yes and I'm sure you know what I meant. We had 11 new faces in before July. Some teams will just be starting to organise their squad down south with contracts just finishing less than a week ago. 

Guest Back Post Misses
Yes and I'm sure you know what I meant. We had 11 new faces in before July. Some teams will just be starting to organise their squad down south with contracts just finishing less than a week ago. 

Now I just about get it.

would make some sense. the numbers down and up look too similar. the new season ticket holders looked quite high a number to me especially after finishing 8th. overall numbers seem decent given everything.
Surely the club would know accurately though. Even if you buy a new ticket as opposed to renewing it would be the same name, dob, address ect so they would put that down as a renewal.

4 hours ago, DeeBairn said:

I can't see it either. I'm not however the Watford manager and have no idea who is joining, leaving or injured. And I'd imagine that any sensible coach doesn't send players out until he knows what he has to work with, unless those players are not wanted. And I get the feeling that Jak is wanted long term, or he would surely have been released or out on loan by now. 

I really can't see him making the breakthrough at Watford, 22 in August suggests its not gonna happen.

As a business sense, Watford maybe looking at a permanent transfer or a good loan where in 6 months time he could be sold or at an extreme push, see him push for place at Watford.

The millions tho in the English prem make their youth policy a bit of a party piece and not a major part of their set up.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Dunfermline and Morton seem a bit of a clusterfuck

11 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:
57 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:
2600 season tickets sold.
Some
Fucking
Team

since the early bird stopped we've been selling on average 10 season tickets a day...doesn't sound great however if that continues till the league starts we won't be far shy of the 3000 target. I think we'll end up about the 2700 mark

I think equalling last season's total has to be considered a success after finishing 8th but it would be nice to get closer to 3000.