The Falkirk FC Thread

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
49 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:
That's why he put 'released from his contract' in inverted commas.  He means effectively released by sending the player on loan and then cancelling the contract in January. As, indeed, he goes on to explain!

The loan window is closed anyway, outwith genuine goalkeeping emergencies due to illness, injury or international call-ups.

A ken, just trying to explain things to Edibairn. 

15 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ho ho ho.

No, you cant play Cardle, or sign him professionally, before Jan 1st. You could sign him as an amateur but he could only play for the Reserves.

Don’t think that’s quite right either as “reserves” can be whatever you want it to be. You could call your best starting eleven your “reserves” if you chose so to do. The devil is in the detail, and he may only play in fixtures recognised as reserve fixtures......semantics I know, but it’s a crucial difference.

Thing is, at diddy level, it can be interpreted as denying a player the right to earn a living in his chosen profession. I get it for high earners, but for someone earning a few hundred quid a week, being put out of the game in this manner can be extremely damaging.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Don’t think that’s quite right either as “reserves” can be whatever you want it to be. You could call your best starting eleven your “reserves” if you chose so to do. The devil is in the detail, and he may only play in fixtures recognised as reserve fixtures......semantics I know, but it’s a crucial difference.

Thing is, at diddy level, it can be interpreted as denying a player the right to earn a living in his chosen profession. I get it for high earners, but for someone earning a few hundred quid a week, being put out of the game in this manner can be extremely damaging.

Which is ironic as it's as a result of what happened to Bosman that we now have the scenario where players are stuck in limbo until the window opens.

Why the f**k do we want that Cardle anyway? He only plays pre Halloween and post Easter. The rest of the time he is on his sunbed topping up his tan. However to see the Fife seeth would be glorious

Why the f**k do we want that Cardle anyway? He only plays pre Halloween and post Easter. The rest of the time he is on his sunbed topping up his tan. However to see the Fife seeth would be glorious
Answered your own question there. That.... And Dennon Lewis

If Cardle is on our radar, he will only get one game (barring Scottish cup draw) against the pars through at their midden too

He has just ripped up an 18 month contract at Fylde where probably the football had a bit to do with it, down in the national league there is very little football played in mudbaths of parks.

All the boxes tick with out of contract, fit to play and winger, sure he will have a few options but I wouldnt have the ra ra ra flags out if he does sign for us and wouldnt be annoyed if he does, pretty much a safe option which we couldve done with in the summer and more like that

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

That's why he put 'released from his contract' in inverted commas.  He means effectively released by sending the player on loan and then cancelling the contract in January. As, indeed, he goes on to explain!

Except... his contract has already been terminated by his club.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Jeez, and I thought I was pedantic !

Ok then, under SPFL rules, a Championship club cannot sign an amateur outwith the window if he was still a professional when the window closed and then field him in any recognised SPFL 1st team fixture (Championship, League Cup, Challenge Cup). I presume the same would also apply to the Scottish Cup but as that's under SFA auspices I haven't actually checked.

Since Mackin is doing exactly that for Stirling Albion I presume that League 1 and League 2 have a concession in being allowed to do that. It's definitely not allowed at our level though.

For what it's worth incidentally, a professional can't re-register as amateur until he's gone 30 days without a competitive appearance too (even at Reserve level). I don't know if Cardle has been playing for Fylde but if he has he'd need to wait until December to re-register anyway.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:
2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

The loan window is closed anyway, outwith genuine goalkeeping emergencies due to illness, injury or international call-ups.

You never could do an international loan outwith a window anyway. You couldn't do an emergency loan from an English club.

1 hour ago, EdiBairn said:

Except... his contract has already been terminated by his club.

Sorry, thought DF was being a wee bit flippant and not being entirely serious. Didn't realise you were referring to Cardle specifically. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Why the f**k do we want that Cardle anyway? 

Because he'd instantly be your best player by a laughable distance.

4 hours ago, MrDust said:

He has just ripped up an 18 month contract at Fylde where probably the football had a bit to do with it, down in the national league there is very little football played in mudbaths of parks.

^^^has never seen an English non-league game in his life

Just as lazy as the daft folk down south that write all of Scottish football off as "shite".

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Because he'd instantly be your best player by a laughable distance.

^^^has never seen an English non-league game in his life

Just as lazy as the daft folk down south that write all of Scottish football off as "shite".

Only 3 seasons worth when my English team Tranmere got relegated to the national league, the standard, the facilities are poor(some floodlights resemble Brockville 1980) and not much football is played

In that 3yr I never seen one decent game at all

P.s Scottish fitba is shite

Edited by MrDust

Heard Kenny Miller on BBC Sportsound talking about playing "John Hughes" Falkirk" in the Scottish Cup Final . Said Rangers were played off the park , "Nacho scored a worldy" which must be a new word for fluke and "they had us on pop" which I think means Rangers were getting the runaround.

Forget the Inverness final debacle , I think that remains our greatest opportunity for ...err... greatness. Nearly our finest hour.

A few months later George Craig appointed his mate Eddie May and the rest was history.  You can chart our downward spiral from there.