The Falkirk FC Thread

He was released from his contract outside the transfer window, he won't be pitching up anywhere before January.
I dont know the script with the amateur stuff that sees Mackin and TOE doing the same. Whatever avenues are open to us, Id like to hope Ray is fully clued up. If its as cut and dried as no one can play in any capacity pre January in our league then fair enough. I dont know if thats correct or not.

Skyline Drifter will fill us in soon though... Just need to say journeyman three times.

There’s all sorts of caveats south of the border, but I think relating to loans that can be made up until the fourth full moon in November or some such nonsense. If Cardle is “released from his contract” that might be open to interpretation ( in that the club he is registered with could loan him out until January, and relinquish his registration thereafter). Then there will be all of the cross border bollox to deal with.

If however, he becomes a bonafide free agent after the window closes, in theory, he can’t sign (unless Jupiter aligns with Mars).

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know the script with the amateur stuff that sees Mackin and TOE doing the same. Whatever avenues are open to us, Id like to hope Ray is fully clued up. If its as cut and dried as no one can play in any capacity pre January in our league then fair enough. I dont know if thats correct or not.

Skyline Drifter will fill us in soon though... Just need to say journeyman three times.

Ho ho ho.

No, you cant play Cardle, or sign him professionally, before Jan 1st. You could sign him as an amateur but he could only play for the Reserves.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ho ho ho.

No, you cant play Cardle, or sign him professionally, before Jan 1st. You could sign him as an amateur but he could only play for the Reserves.

Should be fine then, I'm sure its our reserve team we've been playing in the league all season.

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Ho ho ho.

At least I won't have to see him score a screamer against us on Saturday...

What is the reason for this rule though? How does it benefit player or club?

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There’s all sorts of caveats south of the border, but I think relating to loans that can be made up until the fourth full moon in November or some such nonsense. If Cardle is “released from his contract” that might be open to interpretation ( in that the club he is registered with could loan him out until January, and relinquish his registration thereafter). Then there will be all of the cross border bollox to deal with.

If however, he becomes a bonafide free agent after the window closes, in theory, he can’t sign (unless Jupiter aligns with Mars).

He can't be loaned out by an employer he is no longer contracted to.

At least I won't have to see him score a screamer against us on Saturday...
What is the reason for this rule though? How does it benefit player or club?

Means that managers need to make sure that when the window closes that the squad they have is the one they have to work with until the next window. Without it you’d expect McKinnon would’ve gotten rid of the majority of those players and brought in a few of his own.

I’d expect Cardle to know which team he’ll be signing for before January though and he’ll just train with them until the window opens. I wouldn’t say no to him joining Ayr but there’s other positions I’d want strengthened before we signed another winger. Falkirk or Raith would be guess.

Desperate, desperate times......just how have we sunk so low so quickly?

Fantasizing over bloody Joe Cardle and fishing in the cesspool of free agents, loanees and cast offs to save us from relegation. 

And to think when the Chairwoman and CEO faced up they got an easy time.   

23 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

I signed a couple of loan players from down south who really shone. Dallison is excellent in the game too.

Sorry mate your alternative  reality is of no interest. Get yrsel some excersise a bird  a dug and a life. Come back on when you have grown up. 

Edited by Stainrod

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Sorry mate your alternative  reality is of no interest. Get yrsel some excersise a bird  a dug and a life. Come back on when you have grown up. 

Says the grown man on an Internet message board. 

What's his circumstances? Aside from being bang average
Just that he wasn't offered a deal in the summer and that he is moving back up permanently for his family. He's done more than just on field heroics, he was heavily involved in Young Pars events and promoting the club in the community. A nicer guy there is not.

13 hours ago, EdiBairn said:

He can't be loaned out by an employer he is no longer contracted to.

That's why he put 'released from his contract' in inverted commas.  He means effectively released by sending the player on loan and then cancelling the contract in January. As, indeed, he goes on to explain!

That's why he put 'released from his contract' in inverted commas.  He means effectively released by sending the player on loan and then cancelling the contract in January. As, indeed, he goes on to explain!
The loan window is closed anyway, outwith genuine goalkeeping emergencies due to illness, injury or international call-ups.