The Falkirk FC Thread

The Falkirk Herald basically confirming Haber is away. Think he had to go down as the most disappointing signing of the summer. The rest of the imposters had shown no signs in their whole careers of being good enough but he was at least a proven striker at a higher level.

Edited by EdiBairn

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

John Baird has found his level.  Woeful above the 3rd tier IMO.

I was surprised to see him score 12 goals this season so perhaps correct, I think he lost that speed of thought in his last season with us, I dont think anyone can fault his effort or attitude to the cause

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See ye later Mark Russell

Did he actually arrive ?

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

We're signing him from Grimsby.

I'll continue to call the signings as I see them thanks.

Dixon is a free agent, left Grimsby in November

I am not going ra ra ra over the signing but he is a safe signing unlike the ones we made in the summer and we need a good 5 or 6 of them till the summer

Dixon adds experience which we lack

57 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not going back through old posts and can’t remember who but a lot of talk at the time ie. ‘glistening tips’ from posters who were very supportive of Dallison, ToE etc.

If only there was a name for supportive types who show support towards those wearing the club colours, those who supportively show supportiveness...

15 hours ago, EdiBrain said:

My surprises will even be a surprise to Ray , that’s how surprising they are .

Prepare to be surprised on a nuclear scale.

#ITK
#surprises

I've heard five names, one has signed and one is rumoured recently from the Morton fan.

The only suprising point about the others, is how they fill me with more dread after already watching half a season of hoof ball.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You make a fair point. Houston had made this signing the response in here would have been very negative.

Hope Dixon does well though. Hope he’s better than the RB Ray signed.

Houston was signing players who we hoped would not only win the league, but possibly do us a turn in the SPL.

McKinnon will do that eventually but right now he's giving short-term deals to experienced players who he expects to haul us out of the relegation zone. His last three signings (Dixon, Dumbuya & Buaben) were all players in their early thirties. I think you'll find the next signing will be similar too.

That's not to say there won't be younger ones arriving too but he appears to be prioritising experience, at least in the short term.

When you look at the age profile of our team that may turn out to be no bad thing.

John Baird has found his level.  Woeful above the 3rd tier IMO.

not advocating the return of John Baird. But that is simply not true, top 3 goalscorers in the league for 3 consecutive seasons when this league was actually decent

How about.

Mitchell

Gary Miller    Benedictus.      Brough      Dixon

Ross MacLean   Mystery Man.    Paton.    Daniel Armstrong

Rudden.   Blair Henderson

mystery man would ideally be a John Henry type of player capable of supplying goals from midfield. Blair Henderson is a gamble. 25 goals in 28 games but is out of contract at the end of May so would not cost much.

1 hour ago, Girth said:

Haber been told he can leave by Jimmy Mc.

Would you like him chaps?

I heard he’s done f**k all for you!?

#dunkirk.

Like asking if you would like a sandwich on shite or toast on shite, same answer applies to both