The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

I was surprised to see him score 12 goals this season so perhaps correct, I think he lost that speed of thought in his last season with us, I dont think anyone can fault his effort or attitude to the cause

Did he actually arrive ?

Dixon is a free agent, left Grimsby in November

I am not going ra ra ra over the signing but he is a safe signing unlike the ones we made in the summer and we need a good 5 or 6 of them till the summer

Dixon adds experience which we lack

I'm with you regarding the Experience part, that's about it. 

Not impressed if MacLean signs, can't get into a poor Morton side? 

1 minute ago, wullie robb said:

I'm with you regarding the Experience part, that's about it. 

Not impressed if MacLean signs, can't get into a poor Morton side? 

I'm pretty much wait and see what they do for us in navy blue as I have seen a few of our signing rip us a new one with other clubs then sign for us and be pish.

A fair few of these signings will be 5/6 month jobbers in a market that is hard to find players willing to move, well the proven options.

I'm still in the like McKinnon mode but his transfer window will make or break him with some fans

15 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

How about.

Mitchell

Gary Miller    Benedictus.      Brough      Dixon

Ross MacLean   Mystery Man.    Paton.    Daniel Armstrong

Rudden.   Blair Henderson

mystery man would ideally be a John Henry type of player capable of supplying goals from midfield. Blair Henderson is a gamble. 25 goals in 28 games but is out of contract at the end of May so would not cost much.

No way is Brough better than McGhee

How about.
                                                            Mitchell
                     Gary Miller    Benedictus.      Brough      Dixon
Ross MacLean   Mystery Man.    Paton.    Daniel Armstrong
                                    Rudden.   Blair Henderson

mystery man would ideally be a John Henry type of player capable of supplying goals from midfield. Blair Henderson is a gamble. 25 goals in 28 games but is out of contract at the end of May so would not cost much.

If that is the best we can do we will be in league 1 before Easter

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

If that is the best we can do we will be in league 1 before Easter

What We must remember is we are rooted to the bottom of the table and not showing any consistent form that would indicate we are likely to leave that position soon.  We will struggle to attract players this window. League rules limit the number of domestic loans available to us so any loans we do make will come from down south.  These, however, normally come with a lot of clauses and conditions.

This means you are looking at free agents, lower leagues or top league players who are so far on the fringe that the manager has forgotten he signed them!

You think there are people on here who genuinely believe footballing ability is linked to looks and sleeve tattoos, rather than people that were fucking about for a bit of craic in pre season?

Genuinely?
People cannot actually believe we were all really having one big circle jerk in the car park outside the stadium. He must be winding you up.

In defense of us doing it was a bit of fun and quite frankly the only fun we've had all season where this mob are concerned.

Now where's the Kleenex, We've just signed a 32 year old defender. [emoji23]

What We must remember is we are rooted to the bottom of the table and not showing any consistent form that would indicate we are likely to leave that position soon.  We will struggle to attract players this window. League rules limit the number of domestic loans available to us so any loans we do make will come from down south.  These, however, normally come with a lot of clauses and conditions.
This means you are looking at free agents, lower leagues or top league players who are so far on the fringe that the manager has forgotten he signed them!

Where do you get the idea we will struggle to sign players? We got at least a half dozen this time last year and about 8 million in the summer, granted some of them aren't players.

I have never seen a single club unable to attract any players in a transfer window so the idea that we are somehow this horrific prospect because we are a couple of points from safely is nonsense.

On the plus side we wouldn't want someone at the club who would look at our club and this league and think he couldn't help us up the table as he wouldn't be a football player.

6 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Where do you get the idea we will struggle to sign players? We got at least a half dozen this time last year and about 8 million in the summer, granted some of them aren't players.

I have never seen a single club unable to attract any players in a transfer window so the idea that we are somehow this horrific prospect because we are a couple of points from safely is nonsense.

On the plus side we wouldn't want someone at the club who would look at our club and this league and think he couldn't help us up the table as he wouldn't be a football player.

Sure we will sign players but of what quality?  Happens every year in the EPL. The basement boys end up signing guff or any quality they do end up with costs them over the odds. Would you want a player who comes purely for the money? 

While the signing of Dixon is great he is 32 years old. And the signing of Bauben and Dumbaya are hardly evidence that there is quality available. I'll happily eat my words if proven wrong

5 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

What players are leaving?

Fasan, Dallison, Dumbuya, Robson, Irving, Buaben, Haber and Lewis. Depends on whether we can extend Rudden's loan though. Sammut also a possibility.

Edited by EdiBairn